11 runs

4,470 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by bv86ag
Sean98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis said:

No one here's complaining about the team but it is frustrating to have three conference series with a chance to sweep but then lose by one run in the third game. Especially yesterday with Georgia's closer and his suspicious behavior and performance.
suspicious behavior and performance??

N/m, I see the video in the game 2 thread now.
Agdad081216
That's what helps a lot. Lowers the blood pressure
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
Agdad081216
If I didn't think they would come back it's time to turn off the game/walk out. A one run loss hurts more after seeing the video of the closing pitcher. Optimistic is the only way to watch any team.

This team is special. The name I want the to have is "last team standing!!"
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
trouble
AG
I'm just glad I've been able to pass the "goldfish memory" mindset on to the boys. Max is currently asking his Grammy to quiz him on the roster.
ensign_beedrill
AG
When we gave up nine in the first inning yesterday, I thought, "Wow that's a big hole to climb out of. But I bet we will."

And lol they proved me right the very next half inning.
trouble
AG
Yup, I was like, well, we've got 9 innings to hit.
Aggies2009
AG
Uughhh 16 devastated me for a while. After we won the SEC tournament, I swore we were going to win it all. I can't even imagine being a big fan in 89.

Thankfully 17 went to Omaha and that was a very pleasant surprise.
Sea Pony 07
AG
trouble said:

Yup, I was like, well, we've got 9 innings to hit.

When i first saw the score, i thought i misread it from being half asleep, then I thought, "we've got some work to do," but I never thought the team couldn't do it. I don't worry about this team being out scored until top of the 8th.
bv86ag
AG
I guess I truly am an old as I had already graduated by 1989.
Team went 26-0 before dropping 1 game to Oklahoma State (which was a powerhouse baseball program at the time).
Then won 14 more in a row to go 40-1 at one point.
That was one of the best hitting ( team batting avg .340) teams of all time and stole a lot of bases.
The team was No 1 for the vast majority if the season.
The fans were treated to a ton of Olsen Magic that year.
1989 was the very first A&M team to ever host a regional.
Unfortunately..not only Ben Macdonald in the first game shut the Aggies down ..but a little known freshman for LSU shut the Aggies down in the second game.
So...here's hoping the Aggie bats stay hot in the the tournament...because 1 bad afternoon at the plate can really cause some heartache.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.