Gavin Grahovac health update

5,884 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 16 days ago by jsmc71
PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Coach on TexAgs radio this morning talked about it. Obviously it wasn't just a cramp.

"Something happened when he first took off out of the box. As soon as he hit the ball, we knew it was going to be something that he was going to have to leg out. I saw him start to hobble right out of the batter's box so I figured it was a hamstring and then when he hit the base and went down I thought it was worse than that.

Once he recovered i think it kind of scared him more than anything he took off on a dead spring to RF the fans went crazy. Then it kept getting a little more sore so we'll see.

He had to get some testing done this morning. Hopefully it's fine. That guy can play through a lot. He's got a lot of toughness to him. We have a game tomorrow. Obviously if he needs to sit we'll do that. We need him for the stretch run. Prefer to have him for LSU but if he's gotta be down a couple of weeks... I don't even want to speculate when it could be nothing or it could be worse."
AgLA06
AG
That's a lot of words for "we don't know yet, but hope he's fine".
Wicked Good Ag
Kent get the start on Tuesday or do you give Targac some more at bats ?
DD88
AG
At first I thought he hyperextended his knee hitting the bag, but he looked awkward getting out of the box too. Hopefully, they'll be able to rule out anything serious with an MRI and rest the leg/knee a bit to get him back for the long run.
PJYoung
AG
AgLA06 said:

Some people on the game thread thought it was a cramp. This dispels that unfortunately.
Gyles Marrett
PJYoung said:

AgLA06 said:

Some people on the game thread thought it was a cramp. This dispels that unfortunately.
Pretty odd injury since it's not a cramp. Hamstrings are tough. If it's a pulled hamstring and he played as he did the rest of the game that dude is a tough SOB. I think that's why everyone assumed a cramp. Anything worse than that to the hamstring you usually don't see someone stay in and play. It is better that it's left leg instead of right.
AgLA06
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

My preference is Kent for consistency.

You give up power, but also don't have near as many inning killing results either. Kent is also a much better defensive player. I haven't seen many talk about it, but our defense has been pretty good this year as well. Not making errors is just as important as hitting and pitching.

I wouldn't mind seeing Chestnut or Sorrell batting leadoff if Gavin has to sit for a series or 2. It would be beneficial to have his bat back for Arky pitching, but it's obviously more important to have hime healthy for the run to Omaha.
tjack16
AG
I'd start Kent Tuesday and Friday against LSU. Then hopefully Gavin can go Saturday and Sunday.

If we dont beat Tarleton without Grahovac then I mean that's a different issue
AgLA06
AG
tjack16 said:

I'd start Kent Tuesday and Friday against LSU. Then hopefully Gavin can go Saturday and Sunday.

I hate to say it, but Tarleton really doesn't matter and I hope we sit some of our guys that could use a break.
tjack16
AG
AgLA06 said:

tjack16 said:

I hate to say it, but Tarleton really doesn't matter and I hope we sit some of our guys that could use a break.

I want to win it just because I want that single digit in the loss column at the end of the regular season.

Plus would be awesome to say undefeated in non conference
ensign_beedrill
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

PJYoung said:

AgLA06 said:

Pretty odd injury since it's not a cramp. Hamstrings are tough. If it's a pulled hamstring and he played as he did the rest of the game that dude is a tough SOB. I think that's why everyone assumed a cramp. Anything worse than that to the hamstring you usually don't see someone stay in and play. It is better that it's left leg instead of right.
I pulled a hamstring once and could not walk for a week.
Scooley01
AG
Gyles Marrett said:

PJYoung said:

AgLA06 said:

He is absolutely the kind of player to stay on the field and play through an injury, no matter how bad. I've never seen the kid throw in the towel no matter how bad he's feeling.
AgLA06
AG
tjack16 said:

AgLA06 said:

tjack16 said:

I want to win it just because I want that single digit in the loss column at the end of the regular season.

I'd rather make a run in Omaha. That starts by getting your every day players some rest and your bench players some action on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the grueling SEC schedule. It's literally what midweek are for.

Amd one more win in the column means nothing after the regular season.
tjack16
AG
AgLA06 said:

tjack16 said:

AgLA06 said:

tjack16 said:

I'd rather make a run in Omaha.

I don't think it's an either or type of situation.
phatty26
AgLA06 said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

My preference is Kent for consistency.

You give up power, but also don't have near as many inning killing results either. Kent is also a much better defensive player. I haven't seen many talk about it, but our defense has been pretty good this year as well. Not making errors is just as important as hitting and pitching.

I wouldn't mind seeing Chestnut or Sorrell batting leadoff if Gavin has to sit for a series or 2. It would be beneficial to have his bat back for Arky pitching, but it's obviously more important to have hime healthy for the run to Omaha.

Move up Camarillo he has good at bats, chestnut k's too much he can't seem to handle high fastballs and watches too many of them. I like Jim and Sorrell at 8,9.
gigem92
AG
From Brauny.

The Marksman
AG
gigem92 said:

From Brauny.

Massive sigh of relief
trouble
AG
He can't reach the high fastballs
94chem
tjack16 said:

AgLA06 said:

tjack16 said:

We did that in 2015 and didn't get a national seed.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
tjack16
AG
94chem said:

tjack16 said:

AgLA06 said:

tjack16 said:

Yeah but we were trending in the wrong direction down the stretch in 2015 losing the series at LSU, Arkansas and South Carolina… plus having a game against ole Miss canceled

We played our way onto the National seed bubble (and then left it to the committee who screwed us over). This team won't do that

2015 went from 12-3 in conference to 18-10 over the last few weeks.
AgLA06
AG
Win the series against LSU and Ole Miss and we're a national seed.

As long as we don't lose all three remaining series, I think we're a national seed regardless.
AgLA06
AG
tjack16 said:

94chem said:

tjack16 said:

AgLA06 said:

tjack16 said:

Yeah but we were trending in the wrong direction down the stretch in 2015 losing the series at LSU, Arkansas and South Carolina… plus having a game against ole Miss canceled

We played our way onto the National seed bubble (and then left it to the committee who screwed us over). This team won't do that
That's because the schedule matters.

It can make you look better or worse than you are if it is front loaded with below average or above average teams. I think we're about to see that with Kentucky and Vandy. Maybe Miss St. as well as they've quietly climbed to third in the west and have Ole Miss, Bama, and Missouri left to pair with Arkansas. 3 of their last 4 opponents have losing conference records while Kentucky and Vandy hav to run the gauntlet of the better teams.
CrottyKid
AG
gigem92 said:

From Brauny.

That's because it was an ankle injury. LOL jk
Sean98
AG
The Marksman said:

gigem92 said:

From Brauny.

Massive sigh of relief
Just wait until he's 48... hell, I feel unexpected sharp pains in my knees getting out of a damn chair. I go to sleep fine and wake up my my eye doesn't work, or my ankle magically got broken overnight.
Sean98
AG
trouble said:

He can't reach the high fastballs
They're just regular fastballs to the other 8.
ensign_beedrill
AG
94chem said:

tjack16 said:

AgLA06 said:

tjack16 said:

We should have.
Scott88ag12
AG
Quote:

Just wait until he's 48... hell, I feel unexpected sharp pains in my knees getting out of a damn chair. I go to sleep fine and wake up my my eye doesn't work, or my ankle magically got broken overnight.
You're gonna love 58...

Rongagin71
AG
ensign_beedrill said:

Gyles Marrett said:

PJYoung said:

AgLA06 said:

Same here, except I could walk backwards.
trouble
AG
Yeah but you do dumb ****
RED AG 98
AG
gigem92 said:

From Brauny.

Great news. What a huge relief. Super thankful for GG's sake. My brother blew his ACL in high school ball beating out a play at first so when they administered the Lachman test we had a bit of PTSD around here.
ensign_beedrill
AG
Rongagin71 said:

ensign_beedrill said:

Gyles Marrett said:

PJYoung said:

AgLA06 said:

Same here, except I could walk backwards.
I'll have to try that next time. (May there never be a next time.)
Dice
AG
Sean98 said:

The Marksman said:

gigem92 said:

From Brauny.

Massive sigh of relief

Sean's reply is hilarious because of the picture it paints. It is also painful to me because I can 100% relate. And it doesn't get better by 61. I'm so glad Grahovac seems to be okay.
Randy Rhodes
Whew, so glad

Rest him tomorrow and hopefully he's ready to go for LSU
sharpdressedman
Yep. When he went down, he immediately grabbed his knee at the ACL. I feared that was the injury. Very happy that the MRI was "clean."
TAMU1990
AG
RED AG 98 said:

gigem92 said:

From Brauny.

Great news. What a huge relief. Super thankful for GG's sake. My brother blew his ACL in high school ball beating out a play at first so when they administered the Lachman test we had a bit of PTSD around here.
I've seen that happen too.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.