*****Aggies vs. Rice*****

55,673 Views | 1070 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by RED AG 98
12thMan9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggietony2010 said:

histag10 said:

Announcers said 2016, but it wouldn't be the first time they have been wrong

They are. It came up during one of the mid weeks where we fell behind. We lost to Rice and Sam Houston in 2016. And Pepperdine.
Pepperdine was there in a 3 game series, we won the other 2.
Ronnie '88
trouble
AG
two93ags said:

I swear we must have a signal jammer at BBP with how often there are communication device issues.

I said this recently
you moran
AG
Jace with 26 HR and 67 RBI. Monty 24 and 76. Tight races there.

Sorrell at 6 HR, 5 trips, 6 two bags in 110 ABs. 4th in slg % behind the big 3. Two Fish All-Americans (fish team)?

T-nut scores 75% of the time when he gets on base and he has a .494 ob%. Jace and Grav at a 64% clip and Sorrell at 62%. Sorrell and t nut obviously have the big 3 behind them and the other two in front of ribbie machine Monty who is still over .400 with runners on base. But we've seen both Chestnut and Caden manufacture runs with their speed, especially t nut. T nut is a scoring machine. There are no holes up and down our lineup. Even in conference only our numbers are good 1 through 9. Bubbles everywhere.
you moran
AG
With that said...and I know Schloss will call me an idiot when he consults with me in the a.m. (not really on the consulting part, but the idiot part...)

We have guys like Kent, Binderup and Bell coming on at the plate. No room in the starting lineup with our top starting 9. Good for depth.

Which leads me to Kent ABs when Burton gets back. Chestnut is strong and has become one of my faves. But if Kent stays hot and he did have the big hit against a conference foe this past weekend... Chestnut hits .211 against lefties and .333 against righties while Kent is now .429 against lefties and .264 against righties. Now this is for all games and not conference only and it goes against Hoyle (lefty-lefty, righty-righty) but they are both getting up there in ABs...so maybe in certain matchups against righties, we get Kent some ABs there. Just saying looking at the stats rather than righty/lefty and lefty/righty.
RED AG 98
AG
Sean98 said:

By the way, since RedAg isn't here tonight, that's 18, 17, 16, 15 HRs until the record.

Thanks.. Out unexpectedly but will be back this weekend.
you moran
AG
We still need your numbers!!! You can catch up when you get back but even being in full swing at Ole Miss...we need the numbers from today worked in.
RED AG 98
AG
I'm not sure all of you are aware of this, but prior to 2024 the Aggies have had only FOUR individuals hit 20+ home runs in a single season.

Daylon, 1999- 34
Kuuzzz, 1998 (WHOOOP!) - 25
Jace, 2023 - 21
Scanlin, 1986 - 20

That's it. That's the entire list of 20+ HR season in our history.

I say that because we have 2 in 2024 already, and there's a very real chance we have three, because...

GG just went big fly to lead off the 1st inning! That's his 18th of the year. The kid has a real shot to have the best freshman campaign in our history, one-upping what Jace did just last year.

Also a first of the year, we have a HR total of the batter matching the countdown because we're are 18 away from tying that record 1999 club!

RED AG 98
AG
1st inning -- BMONT IS BACK ON THE BOARD! His 24th is team number 111.

17 to go!
RED AG 98
AG
4th inning -- Caden's shot is his 6th of the year.

16 to go!
RED AG 98
AG
4th inning - Big Jace! His 26th and the teams 113th.

15 to go!
tjack16
AG
So pretty much we just have to hit one homer per game through super regionals. Yeah, we can definitely do that.
Sean98
AG
I don't remember Swayze playing all that small but it's a full ten feet shorter than Olsen in the alleys and dead center. 330, 365, 390, 365, 330 left to right.

Stadium faces NE. Wind appears to be negligible this weekend with light winds out of the North, turning to the S on Sunday. Despite Boomer not understanding weather North winds man the wind blows FROM the North and won't be helping.
histag10
AG
tjack16 said:

So pretty much we just have to hit one homer per game through super regionals. Yeah, we can definitely do that.

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THIS!?!?!?!
tjack16
AG
histag10 said:

tjack16 said:

WHY WOULD YOU SAY THIS!?!?!?!

Because it's not a jinx. Just a prediction/projection
Agdad081216
Red you are doing the Lords work!!! Thanks
Just an old dad who raise 3 Ags. Inherited 2 more. GIG’EM
usmcbrooks
How many games have they mercy ruled the opposition this year?
RED AG 98
AG

McNeese 10-0
Wagner 21-2
Lamar 13-2
Texas St 12-2
Vandy 15-0
Air Force 15-5
Georgia 19-9
Rice 16-3
HoustonAg2106
AG
RED AG 98 said:

McNeese 10-0
Wagner 21-2
Lamar 13-2
Texas St 12-2
Vandy 15-0
Air Force 15-5
Georgia 19-9
Rice 16-3

Should we count Sunday against LSU as a half one?
RED AG 98
AG
Not sure if serious, but if so nope. They got to bat in the bottom of the 9th which is by definition a complete game.
HoustonAg2106
AG
RED AG 98 said:

Not sure if serious, but if so nope. They got to bat in the bottom of the 9th which is by definition a complete game.

Definitely a joke, but just pointing out other games that we won by double digits
RED AG 98
AG
that was my assumption; just checking

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.