Baseball Game Today [betting discussion - Staff]

2,324 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 9 days ago by Tobias Funke
Tanker123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A$M -215 over Ole Mias looks good. $100 has a payout of $147. I am anxiously waiting for the college football because it is more predictable in regard to the system I will use. There are a lot of upsets for ranked teams in college baseball and basketball.
MSFC Aggie
AG
Tanker123 said:

A$M -215 over Ole Mias looks good. $100 has a payout of $147. I am anxiously waiting for the college football because it is more predictable in regard to the system I will use. There are a lot of upsets for ranked teams in college baseball and basketball.
I don't see how anybody could bet on baseball.....too risky
Wicked Good Ag
I like the bet with Prager on the bump...

I was in Vegas for March Madness and when Aggies played Houston the sports book had a prop bet for whoever got to 15 pts first

we start slow a lot Odds on Houston were horrible so i took the Ags and won

These are better odds then that game
HoustonAg2106
AG
Tanker123 said:

So you get less than half the amount you bet on a baseball game? Pass.
Fairview20
AG
Betting a heavy favorite on the road in college is super tricky. We should win on paper, but college players are so volatile you never know what could happen any given day. What are the odds for the series if there are any?
StinkyPinky
AG
Fairview20 said:

Betting a heavy favorite on the road in college is super tricky. We should win on paper, but college players are so volatile you never know what could happen any given day. What are the odds for the series if there are any?
SEC road games = scary. Agree high risk for only winning half your money
Tanker123
Betting on college football is my go-to sport. Moneyline is the only way to go for me. I look for ranked teams who have a tremendous disparity of talent against opponents. For example, if Georgia plays South Carolina, who is going to win?
Wicked Good Ag
Tanker123 said:

Betting on college football is my go-to sport. Moneyline is the only way to go for me. I look for ranked teams who have a tremendous disparity of talent against opponents. For example, if Georgia plays South Carolina, who is going to win?
I bet quite a few money lines in Vegas some with great odds as underdog and some with no so great but likely good money
Tanker123
Wicked Good Ag said:

Tanker123 said:

I bet quite a few money lines in Vegas some with great odds as underdog and some with no so great but likely good money

I put a $1 down on the Cleveland Cavaliers who were overwhelming underdogs and won $7.10 last night! lol

I have found out that college basketball and baseball can be quite unpredictable.
Tanker123
I found something interesting today. I saw that Tennessee was losing to Vanderbilt 3 - 4 in the fifth inning. The moneyline for TN was +170 at that point in the game. I put $10 and took TN + 170. TN would win 8 - 4 and my payout was $27. I know it's not big money, but it gives me another paradigm.
guadalupeag
Everyone knows the best bets are when you bet a lot to win a little. Solid strategy.
Tanker123
guadalupeag said:

Everyone knows the best bets are when you bet a lot to win a little. Solid strategy.
I am going to make a ton of money on college football.
Texags Meltdown
guadalupeag
Tanker123 said:

guadalupeag said:

I'm sure you will. Just make sure to post your picks before the game starts or no one cares. And might also be good to learn how payouts work, you don't get to count your bet as profit.
threeanout
AG
Tanker123 said:

Betting $100 to win $47 doesn't look so good now.
aggietony2010
AG
My one consolation tonight is that this weirdo/AI bot/potential sock for a future ticket scammer likely lost $100.
Mike Elko
AG
This is tonight's silver lining.
guadalupeag
Now -$100. Need to win your next 3 bets to get back in the black. Betting a lot to win a little never works.
Tanker123
guadalupeag said:

Tanker123 said:

guadalupeag said:

I'm sure you will. Just make sure to post your picks before the game starts or no one cares. And might also be good to learn how payouts work, you don't get to count your bet as profit.
You are wrong about the payout. lol

SPORTS BETTING PAYOUTS STAKE + PROFIT

[url=https://thegamehaus.com/igaming/betting-guide/betting-payouts-explained/#Betting%20Odds%20and%20Payouts]Betting Payouts Explained | 2024 Beginners Guide [+Promos] (thegamehaus.com)[/url]

Tanker123
threeanout said:

Tanker123 said:

Betting $100 to win $47 doesn't look so good now.
I am not sweating it. I won on other games. It's college football that I want.
Tanker123
guadalupeag said:

Now -$100. Need to win your next 3 bets to get back in the black. Betting a lot to win a little never works.

Define little.
guadalupeag
For someone that claims to be so committed to helping people your commitment to this troll is really strange.
Tanker123
guadalupeag said:

For someone that claims to be so committed to helping people your commitment to this troll is really strange.
Who are you referring to?
HoustonAg2106
AG
Tanker123 said:

guadalupeag said:

Define little.

Less than half your initial investment. It was never a good bet.
Sean98
AG
Tanker123 said:

guadalupeag said:

Tanker123 said:

guadalupeag said:

[url=https://thegamehaus.com/igaming/betting-guide/betting-payouts-explained/#Betting%20Odds%20and%20Payouts]Betting Payouts Explained | 2024 Beginners Guide [+Promos] (thegamehaus.com)[/url]

I mean, of course your initial bet is part of the payout... But that doesn't make it part of the profit. If you bet $100 and receive $147 for winning you didn't clear $147, you cleared $47.

Nothing more annoying than having someone tell you they "won $1000 last night" only to learn they bet $800 and got a total payout of $1000. Sorry buddy, you only won $200. Good for you but Gross vs Net are two very different things.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Sean98 said:

Tanker123 said:

guadalupeag said:

Tanker123 said:

guadalupeag said:

I mean, of course your initial bet is part of the payout... But that doesn't make it part of the profit. If you bet $100 and receive $147 for winning you didn't clear $147, you cleared $47.

Nothing more annoying than having someone tell you they "won $1000 last night" only to learn they bet $800 and got a total payout of $1000. Sorry buddy, you only won $200. Good for you but Gross vs Net are two very different things.

Anyone who does not understand this is not a regular gambler
RED AG 98
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Sean98 said:

Tanker123 said:

guadalupeag said:

Tanker123 said:

guadalupeag said:

Certainly not for very long.
Sean98
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

I think it's less about understanding and more about bragging. Intentional obfuscation if you will.
Tobias Funke
AG
It's interesting to watch someone learn how sports betting works in real time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.