Nursing Homes

1,839 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pizza
dshedd41
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
http://www.khou.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-updates-live-blog-houston-texas-national-world-march-15/285-f19dc9b0-4d3e-416d-a45c-2993eeed4254

Quote:

MARCH 15 2:39 p.m. In new guidelines announced Sunday to "protect older, medically fragile individuals from COVID-19," Texas' Health and Human Services department is now requiring nursing facilities to prevent 'non-essential visitors' from entering their facilities.
The guidance comes at the direction of Gov. Greg Abbott.
Visitors are being asked to communicate through FaceTime, Skype and other digital services unless it's a compassionate care situations, such a resident's end-of-life, state health officials said.
Facilities are also going to be required to have screening protocols for anyone entering the premises including staff and medical professionals, according to federal guidelines. Read more here.
Gig’em Aggies!
JaneDoe02
AG
My mother in law lives in Assisted Living in Bryan. I went to pick her up on Friday to go to the CPA to do taxes and when I got there the attendant at the front desk took my temperature. She told me they're "not really allowing visitors" but I could go up to her apartment to get her.

The family has been discussing if or when we need to pull her out of there. Weighing options on what would be best for her.

She has Alzheimer's and COPD but is otherwise fairly healthy.

Tough decisions
Thomas Ford 91
AG
My grandparent's facility locked everybody out mid-last week. If yours did that, she'd be safest there. But it sounds like yours has a problem with rule enforcement. That makes it quite a bit more dangerous.
Pizza
Thomas Ford 91 said:

My grandparent's facility locked everybody out mid-last week. If yours did that, she'd be safest there. But it sounds like yours has a problem with rule enforcement. That makes it quite a bit more dangerous.

Wrong.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.