Joe Rogan's Treatment

12,411 Views | 65 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
bigtruckguy3500
How long do you want to ignore this user?
KidDoc said:

Jabin said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Jabin said:

Quote:

Of those 99%, over 90% will never have to step foot in a hospital or doctor's office.
Completely false. Of those who test positive for Covid in Pennsylvania, 7.5-9.0% end up being hospitalized. I believe that the data is similar over most of the States.

The number of people that have had Covid are higher than reported cases.
Exactly how much higher, and how do we know that? Who is collecting the data and how is it collected?

The numbers I've seen have all been estimates and have been wildly different. In addition, the ones thrown around early in Covid have proven to be wildly wrong.
CDC says more than 80% of blood donors show immunity of some kind. ( I linked a CNN article that summarizes it rather than the CDC one that is a bit dense.

More than 80% of Americans 16 and older have some immunity to coronavirus, blood survey finds (cnn.ph)
If I recall correctly, less than 1% of eligible donors actually donate. So not a randomized sample of the population. Some may also assume that those who donate on a regular basis as an attempt to help out their fellow citizens may also be inclined to get vaccinated to help out their fellow citizens.
Petrino1
Bruce Almighty said:

Over 99% of people will survive Covid no matter what medicine they take. Of those 99%, over 90% will never have to step foot in a hospital or doctor's office. I didn't take anything and other than lose my smell and taste for 5 days, it was nothing more than a minor head cold. I could have taken Ivermectin and claimed it as some miracle drug when in reality, it didn't do anything. That's the problem with these studies. When people end up being fine, how do you know it was the medicine or their immune system? They likely would have been fine without it. Plenty of people have still died taking Ivermectin, so it's definitely not some cure all miracle drug.
Whats considered plenty of people? I read somewhere that 20 people have died from Ivermectin in 40 years. Its a safe drug if taken as the proper dose. Ibuprofen kills 16,000 people per year and hospitalizes 100,000.
TarponChaser
Jabin said:

So what's your point and how is it germane to the conversation?

People go to the ER for dumb **** that is in no way necessary.
TarponChaser
Jabin said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Jabin said:

Quote:

Of those 99%, over 90% will never have to step foot in a hospital or doctor's office.
Completely false. Of those who test positive for Covid in Pennsylvania, 7.5-9.0% end up being hospitalized. I believe that the data is similar over most of the States.

Exactly how much higher, and how do we know that? Who is collecting the data and how is it collected?

The numbers I've seen have all been estimates and have been wildly different. In addition, the ones thrown around early in Covid have proven to be wildly wrong.
NIH studies put about a 5x multiplier on it. Meaning, for every one positive covid test almost 5 more people have it but are asymptomatic but are never tested.
KidDoc
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

KidDoc said:

Jabin said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Jabin said:

Quote:

CDC says more than 80% of blood donors show immunity of some kind. ( I linked a CNN article that summarizes it rather than the CDC one that is a bit dense.

More than 80% of Americans 16 and older have some immunity to coronavirus, blood survey finds (cnn.ph)
If I recall correctly, less than 1% of eligible donors actually donate. So not a randomized sample of the population. Some may also assume that those who donate on a regular basis as an attempt to help out their fellow citizens may also be inclined to get vaccinated to help out their fellow citizens.
Yup and the CDC article clearly states that as a limiting factor- but still it was 1.5 million blood samples so it is nice to see high rates of either wild or vaccine immunity.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jabin
How does the NIH reach that conclusion? What data is it relying upon.

Quite frankly, I'm skeptical. That would mean that some huge percentage of Americans have had it. Add to that the number that have been vaccinated, and you'd think that we'd be long past herd immunity.
superunknown
AG
P.U.T.U said:

The government has never mentioned getting healthier the entire time, this would have been a great opportunity to save thousands of lives, not only from Covid. But no wear a mask and get a vaccine.

'member when Michelle Obama was first Lady and suggested more veggies in the school lunch program? I wonder how well that idea was accepted.
Bruce Almighty
AG
ea1060 said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Over 99% of people will survive Covid no matter what medicine they take. Of those 99%, over 90% will never have to step foot in a hospital or doctor's office. I didn't take anything and other than lose my smell and taste for 5 days, it was nothing more than a minor head cold. I could have taken Ivermectin and claimed it as some miracle drug when in reality, it didn't do anything. That's the problem with these studies. When people end up being fine, how do you know it was the medicine or their immune system? They likely would have been fine without it. Plenty of people have still died taking Ivermectin, so it's definitely not some cure all miracle drug.
Whats considered plenty of people? I read somewhere that 20 people have died from Ivermectin in 40 years. Its a safe drug if taken as the proper dose. Ibuprofen kills 16,000 people per year and hospitalizes 100,000.

I meant that people have died of Covid while taking it, not from the drug itself.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Jabin said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Jabin said:

Quote:

I have no idea but the current cfr is over 2% and the estimated ifr is less than 1%, so based on the math, plenty have had it that never tested for it. Also, you seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing. The point of my initial post had nothing to do with hospitalization percentages. Even if my initial % was off, it doesn't change my initial point.
traxter
superunknown said:

P.U.T.U said:

The government has never mentioned getting healthier the entire time, this would have been a great opportunity to save thousands of lives, not only from Covid. But no wear a mask and get a vaccine.

'member when Michelle Obama was first Lady and suggested more veggies in the school lunch program? I wonder how well that idea was accepted.
I completely forgot about all the outrage over that.

Also, when over the last 50 years have doctors not told patients to maintain a healthy weight? When have they not pointed out the correlations between being overweight/obese and heart disease/cancer/diabetes/arthritis/stroke/etc.? Suddenly a respiratory virus that half the country thinks is a liberal ploy to make the president look bad before the election is going to convince them to get healthy?
bay fan
S
JesusQuintana said:

JFABNRGR said:

JesusQuintana said:

The biggest takeaway i got from his treatment is that very few people on earth have the means to get that done that rapidly. Maybe its a full scale cure for covid or maybe he was always going to have a easy case of it, but how many people can test positive on a sunday and within hours have all that stuff dripping thru their veins without leaving their house? He said he already had a plan and was ready to go for if/when he got covid, so the message should be if you don't get vaccinated, ensure you have a private personal physician with all those treatments lined up and ready to roll right?
The question that should arise from your biggest take away is the following:

WHY DOESN'T THE MAJORITY OR EVEN EVERYBODY HAVE EASY ACCESS TO THIS TREATMENT?

We are almost 2 years into this mess billions of dollars and the worthless criminal health organization of this county have yet to even post recommendations for prevention and or early treatment that could most likely keep people from dying or going to the hospital.

This stuff should be passed out at every street corner in place of the testing centers.
The answer is likely cost, access and proven effectiveness. It would be interesting to hear how much he paid for his services and how easy this was to access for him. As stated above, he is likely healthier than 99% of American's so maybe this whole event would have amounted to very little for him without the treatment. Its also very hard to pass out IV treatments of any kind like candy as it requires professional administration. He tested positive and within hours had someone at his house getting him on IV drips on a sunday....thats not going to happen for the majority or everybody....ever.
How do people fail understand the cost to insurance companies or worse the cost of the uninsured when compared to a simple shot?

In Florida the Median cost without insurance:
$49k Hospital stay
234k with ICU or Vent
Median cost with insurance:
23k Hospital stay
115k with ICU or vent.

Interesting article saying many insurance companies no longer waiving copays etc but the uninsured are all of our problem.
https://www.fox13news.com/news/financial-burden-of-getting-covid-19

It's a Fox News article so I am making an effort to speak a different language.
bay fan
S
TarponChaser said:

Jabin said:

So what's your point and how is it germane to the conversation?

People go to the ER for dumb **** that is in no way necessary.
Perhaps because as told by the Dallas morning news:

And with about 5 million uninsured people about 17.7% of the total population Texas remains the state with the highest uninsured rate out of all 50 states, the census data released Tuesday shows.

Somebody (anyone paying taxes) is going to be paying for the greater cost of medical care as compared to the vaccine, particularly as Disparities by education level remain, with adults holding a bachelor's degree or higher continuing to have the highest vaccination rate at 90.8%, and adults without a high school diploma having the lowest vaccination rate at 68.6%. https://www.nevadacurrent.com/blog/household-education-levels-insurance-factor-in-vaccine-rate-says-study/
Which group is likely to have insurance? Yep, the vaccinated.

This is an enormous waste of money and it does make many "personal choices" problematic for the rest of us.
TarponChaser
Jabin said:

How does the NIH reach that conclusion? What data is it relying upon.

Quite frankly, I'm skeptical. That would mean that some huge percentage of Americans have had it. Add to that the number that have been vaccinated, and you'd think that we'd be long past herd immunity.

Be skeptical all you want but the data has been out there from the beginning that the number of people who have had asymptomatic infections dwarfs the actual number of infections confirmed by tests. This is such common knowledge I really can't believe you're disputing it. You might as well be asking how I know the Astros home field is Minute Maid Park.
Proposition Joe
aggierogue said:

Proposition Joe said:

He's absolutely got a willingness to listen to anyone, but I feel one of his faults is that soon after listening to that person he'll change his opinion on something completely. He'll have a scientist on and suddenly he's terrified of COVID. Then he'll have Berenson on and suddenly he feels like COVID is no big deal.
You sound like someone who has rarely listened to Rogan. I've never heard him terrified of anything other than polar bears.

I've actually only listened to him since COVID started. I enjoy most of his interviews. He went from laughing about people wearing masks to being terrified and hunkering down afraid to leave his house to back to laughing about people wearing masks.

He's an enjoyable guy to listen to and for the most part relatable, but every once in a while he can't help but let his "im an alpha male and anyone that is struggling in life is because he isn't an alpha male. and by the way do you know i know ju-jitsu?" out.

He's a lovable meathead trying to educate himself. He asks good questions and lets people talk. But he's not really educated on any subject.
aggierogue
AG
Proposition Joe said:

aggierogue said:

Proposition Joe said:

He's absolutely got a willingness to listen to anyone, but I feel one of his faults is that soon after listening to that person he'll change his opinion on something completely. He'll have a scientist on and suddenly he's terrified of COVID. Then he'll have Berenson on and suddenly he feels like COVID is no big deal.
You sound like someone who has rarely listened to Rogan. I've never heard him terrified of anything other than polar bears.

I've actually only listened to him since COVID started. I enjoy most of his interviews. He went from laughing about people wearing masks to being terrified and hunkering down afraid to leave his house to back to laughing about people wearing masks.

He's an enjoyable guy to listen to and for the most part relatable, but every once in a while he can't help but let his "im an alpha male and anyone that is struggling in life is because he isn't an alpha male. and by the way do you know i know ju-jitsu?" out.

He's a lovable meathead trying to educate himself. He asks good questions and lets people talk. But he's not really educated on any subject.
Yeah, I wouldn't describe him as a meathead at all. He's definitely above average intelligence and has a great memory for facts. He wouldn't have the caliber of people he's able to get on his show if he was a "meathead."

We're talking people like Sam Harris, Jordan Peterson, Elon Musk, Dan Crenshaw, presidential candidates Andrew Yang, Tulsi Gabbard, Bernie Sanders, etc. Not to mention a who's who list of celebrities and musicians like Maynard James Keenan, David Lee Roth, Miley Cyrus, Rob Zombie, Steven Tyler, Post Malone, etc.

This is why he is so popular. He is like many Americans who don't have a political home. He has friends on all sides, and can have a 3 hour conversation with just about anyone.

Sure, he has his occasional podcast of comedians and friends on at times, where he lets loose and smokes pot and drinks on the set, and goes down some crazy rabbit holes with guys like Eddie Bravo and Alex Jones. But that makes him even more endearing to a lot of folks.

He also discusses health issues that most Americans could stand to benefit from. Topics like Intermittent fasting, benefits of sauna, ice baths, various diets, supplements, and workouts with guests like Gabrielle Reece and Laird Hamilton.

And he's always been careful about Covid. He was testing every guest when Covid started. He just seems to be a person with vaccine hesitancy. But he's obviously planned for it.
Stat Monitor Repairman
They gonna come after Rogan hard this next year.

Whoever 'they' is.
cmag
They're going to come at him hard for everything now that he's triggered them and is an enemy of their state.

Also, weird ttt
Stat Monitor Repairman
Yeah.

They gonna go after Rogan as hard as they can this next year.

Since that cnn / horse dewormer deal, Joe has been on a tear lately.

Really seems like he's pissed. He bitter. If you listen to him all the time, he thinks he's been f***** with, and is pushing back.

Joe Rogan is the most listened to and influential man in the world right now.

Take note of that.

Has Spotify even released any numbers on him?

Last I heard he had 100 million downloads. Who knows if thats even real, i get a sense that joe knows he has way more listeners through youtube clips.

Youtube is how Joe Rogan gets new listeners.

I saw a clip on youtube around 2017. Eventually started downloading the podcast to listen in the car.

Joe has a huge amount of listeners in Europe, Asia, Africa, Brazil, Ireland and the rest of the UK due to MMA.

Bottom line

I think people underestimate the number of people Joe Rogan influences on at least weekly basis.

Joe Rogan is one of the most visible men in the world.

With that comes a lot of power.

Stat Monitor Repairman
Rogan hasn't let up one bit the past couple episodes.

He's got to be pushing a lot of people's buttons.
Boo Weekley
traxter said:

superunknown said:

P.U.T.U said:

I completely forgot about all the outrage over that.

Also, when over the last 50 years have doctors not told patients to maintain a healthy weight? When have they not pointed out the correlations between being overweight/obese and heart disease/cancer/diabetes/arthritis/stroke/etc.? Suddenly a respiratory virus that half the country thinks is a liberal ploy to make the president look bad before the election is going to convince them to get healthy?
Come on, you know what the other poster was saying. At the start of the pandemic, especially in the early vital months, Fauci and the other prominent voices should have been hammering that THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS YOU CAN DO TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM THIS VIRUS ARE:

- Exercise
- Eat Healthy
- Get plenty of sunlight
- Take vitamin D and other supplements
- LOSE F-ING WEIGHT!

This should have been front and center as the most vital means of arming yourself against this virus, and IT NEVER WAS. I watched all of the pressers for a few months.

Instead, on top of crazy things like arresting people for engaging in the healthy and safe hobby of surfing and paddle boarding, it was:

- Isolate
- Be afraid!
- Stay indoors
- Wear ineffective mask if you absolutely must go out that gives you false sense of protection
- Be afraid!
- Do not see your friends or family members
- Be afraid!

Basically HORRIBLE things for ones mental and physical health. I am glad we chose to live our lives as normal the whole time as much as possible and am sorry for those who did not. I know plenty of people who seem like they are forever changed ina weird way from all of this and will never be the same. My inlaws stayed glued to the fear-tube for just about the entire time and it has really done a noticeable number on them and it's heartbreaking. Won't be surprised if it has taken years off their lives. They just asked if we have had our 6mo old baby vaxxed yet and are perplexed as to why I, a healthy male who beat Covid and has superior immunity to what vaccine provides, haven't been vaxxed yet. They have turned into borderline psychos, like millions of others. They are fully vaxxed and are still living lives as hermits. No Thanksgiving this yr.

The chickens haven't even begin to come home to roost with all of this in terms of addictions, depression, suicide, crime etc. The fallout will likely be spread over the next few years. I can tell you liquor stores BOOMED during Covid. And millions of new addicts were born.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Signel
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

I've already expressed my thoughts on Rogan's treatment in another thread. But do you think it's possible that Rogan is a smart person that understands stirring up controversy could help him gain more viewers/listeners, and boost his bottom line? Any publicity is good publicity?
He doesn't need the help. His number already far exceed all the cable networks. That should tell you something.....

Joe Rogan has more than three times as many people per episode as his next greatest competitor "Tucker Carlson Tonight" on Fox News, according to newly released data.

"The Joe Rogan Experience" reaches a reported average of 11 million people per podcast episode.

https://justthenews.com/accountability/media/joe-rogan-podcast-reaches-millions-more-cable-news-report
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Rogan and the top brass at Spotify after getting this petition:

Picadillo
Regardless of motive, he provided a valuable service to create awareness of early treatment, which most doctors ignore.
Stat Monitor Repairman
cmag said:

They're going to come at him hard for everything now that he's triggered them and is an enemy of their state.
Posted this on November 28th. Two months ago.

What have we seen?

Where are we at with this Rogan thing?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Its 2022.

The guy with the biggest show on the planet is joe rogan.

Distributed by Spotify, a company based in Sweden.

You are right. The establishment is pissed and are clearly going after him on multiple fronts.

The more controversial they make joe rogan, the more people are gonna listen to joe rogan.

What do you make of all this?

Somebody make some sense of this madness..

c-jags

You are right. The establishment is pissed and are clearly going after him on multiple fronts.

i for one removed him from my podcast rotation after the scathing letter from the dozens of dentists, veterinarians, medical students, and podcasters changed my mind.
AggieIce
AG
c-jags said:

i for one removed him from my podcast rotation after the scathing letter from the dozens of dentists, veterinarians, medical students, and podcasters changed my mind.
94chem
Neil Young went after him, but a southern man don't need him around, anyhow.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Stat Monitor Repairman
A month into the year and Rogan is public enemy #1.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Spotify planning to use AI technology to translate Rogan podcasts into Spanish, French and German.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.