J&J Vaccine

4,701 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by CrystalLakeAgbu
GisselMcDonald
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So what is the mechanism causing all the clotting problems with the J&J vaccine? I was considering that one if the mandate was upheld.

98Ag99Grad
AG
If it makes you feel any better I got it in April and I'm still alive.
Another Doug
AG
The official wording of the warning...

Blood Clots with Low Levels of Platelets Blood clots involving blood vessels in the brain, lungs, abdomen, and legs along with low levels of platelets (blood cells that help your body stop bleeding), have occurred in some people who have received the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine. In people who developed these blood clots and low levels of platelets, symptoms began approximately one to two weeks after vaccination. Blood clots with low levels of platelets following the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine have been reported in males and females, across a wide age range of individuals 18 years and older; reporting has been highest in females ages 30 through 49 years (about 1 case for every 100,000 vaccine doses administered), and about 1 out of every 7 cases has been fatal.

Again the recommendation is just stating the other vaccines are preferred, not that this one isn't worth the risk.
ORAggieFan
The number of clots is insanely rare. Think it was 9 or so. Believe most were women.
88planoAg
AG
The issue will be finding the vaccine now that the CDC doesn't like it anymore.

That and whether one would still be considered vaccinated.
Petrino1
The Pfizer vaccine gave me dizzy/vertigo symptoms for the past 8 months. I still experience these symptoms daily. Ive read dozens of other stories and know a few personally that experienced the same thing with the Pfizer vaccine. Its funny that you dont hear any of these stories in the media, its always the blood clots.
AgsMyDude
AG
ORAggieFan said:

The number of clots is insanely rare. Think it was 9 or so. Believe most were women.

I believe your more likely to be struck by lightening.
GisselMcDonald
98Ag99Grad said:

If it makes you feel any better I got it in April and I'm still alive.
If it makes you feel better, I'm probably alive since I didn't take it. During my last check up, I had a low platelet count and it has continued. I hope there are some new studies coming out soon for the subgroups that experienced side effects from Moderna and Pfizer, so I can make an educated decision.

Thanks for the info Another Doug.
Aust Ag
AG
Is there a booster for the J&J? If so, what's the word on it?
94chem
Another Doug said:

The official wording of the warning...

Blood Clots with Low Levels of Platelets Blood clots involving blood vessels in the brain, lungs, abdomen, and legs along with low levels of platelets (blood cells that help your body stop bleeding), have occurred in some people who have received the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine. In people who developed these blood clots and low levels of platelets, symptoms began approximately one to two weeks after vaccination. Blood clots with low levels of platelets following the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine have been reported in males and females, across a wide age range of individuals 18 years and older; reporting has been highest in females ages 30 through 49 years (about 1 case for every 100,000 vaccine doses administered), and about 1 out of every 7 cases has been fatal.

Again the recommendation is just stating the other vaccines are preferred, not that this one isn't worth the risk.

What is the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine?
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
98Ag99Grad
AG
Aust Ag said:

You can either get another j&j shot or one of the mrna boosters. Cdc has recommended the mrna booster over another jansen shot due to the chance of blood clotting.
TommyBoy
Janssen is same as J&J i believve.
CDub06
AG
98Ag99Grad said:

Aust Ag said:

You can either get another j&j shot or one of the mrna boosters. Cdc has recommended the mrna booster over another jansen shot due to the chance of blood clotting.
The others as boosters have also proven to be more effective than another shot of J&J.
ORAggieFan
Aust Ag said:

I got the Moderna booster. Had zero side effects.
Joan Wilder
AG
We got the J&J shot in March, and boosted with Moderna in November.
Aust Ag
AG
Well, with all the Moderna responses, I'll assume J&J has no booster.
AgsMyDude
AG
They do. Not too hard to Google that too.
Fireman
AG
Omicron appears to be the best natural vaccine available. Don't understand why we're not encouraging everyone to get it.
Aust Ag
AG
AgsMyDude said:

Well then, I'd be curious as to why the folks above chose to not get it, and instead choosing to "mix" their vaccines?
Charpie
AG
Most docs are not recommending getting boosters by the J&J.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Aust Ag said:

AgsMyDude said:

Well then, I'd be curious as to why the folks above chose to not get it, and instead choosing to "mix" their vaccines?
I answered this above but I'll answer again. The "booster" is either a full shot of J&J again or the booster dose of one of the others. The CDC has recommended getting the mrna over another J&J due to the risk of clotting. To my knowledge and limited research, there have been very few issues with clotting, mostly in women. Only like a few deaths too. J&J has shown though to virtually do nothing against Omicron. The best has been Moderna.
RoyVal
AG
Clarke95 said:

We got the J&J shot in March, and boosted with Moderna in November.
exact same, except I boosted this week. I had covid summer 2020 and got pretty bad there at the end of a 2 week sickness. came pretty close to going to the ER but pushed through it. Got the J&J in March even though I still had off the charts antibodies. Vaccine made me pretty miserable for 2-3 days (fever, chills, body aches).

I did NOT want to get boosted but our company had other plans so I bit the bullet this week, especially with all the omicron stuff going around. I test for antibodies 2 weeks ago and STILL test positive for antibodies. Took the booster and felt a little warm that night but by morning, 100% normal. My arm is still sore but no other symptoms.
Joan Wilder
AG
Preliminary results showed higher antibody levels with a Moderna or Pfizer booster following J&J vaccines, that's why we chose Moderna for our booster.
Aust Ag
AG
Yeah, just found out my company is going to force the booster too, that's why I'm asking all the questions. Wasn't on my radar.
Proc92
Got j&j in April. No covid yet. Been around many infected but so far so good.
CrystalLakeAgbu
Always felt like this one is the lesser of three evils, but just don't know about that. Time will tell.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.