Is there any type of preventative to help not get Covid, excluding the Vaccines

3,244 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by CrystalLakeAgbu
DDub74
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am not a doctor, but why isn't there a preventative nose spray or something you can use after a large gathering to help prevent getting Covid, colds, etc. I assume its because of the time it takes to technically get the virus into your system is instantaneous or within a few minutes? I did find one obscure nose spray online but that's it.

I though Dr. Peterson or someone mentioned a spray concoction that helps kill viruses in the nasal cavity? Why can't this become mainstream where if you go to restaurants, grocery store, large gatherings, you can spray something in your nose/mouth to kill viruses before they take hold?

I went to several large gatherings (10 plus people) within a few days and got Covid right after. I know a LOT of people that got Covid in last 3 weeks, like a lot. Everyone has a mild cold to mild fever for a few days and that's it. Nothing serious but annoying over the holidays. I think this will be the norm going forward that you get a Covid Cold every winter.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
The vaccine isn't a preventative to help not get covid, anyway. There's nothing.
NewOldAg
AG
I believe eating healthy, exercise, and vitamin D, along with other vitamins, are the best preventative.

Not to say that these will guarantee you won't get Covid, but they can help.
Capitol Ag
AG
Quote:

though Dr. Peterson or someone mentioned a spray concoction that helps kill viruses in the nasal cavity? Why can't this become mainstream where if you go to restaurants, grocery store, large gatherings, you can spray something in your nose/mouth to kill viruses before they take hold?

I went to several large gatherings (10 plus people) within a few days and got Covid right after. I know a LOT of people that got Covid in last 3 weeks, like a lot. Everyone has a mild cold to mild fever for a few days and that's it. Nothing serious but annoying over the holidays. I think this will be the norm going forward that you get a Covid Cold every winter.
There isn't some "take as you go" type mist available for any virus that I know of. Anything that does exist is a vaccine. Like the flu mist. But why do we really need it anyway? At this point, if all that the vast majority are getting is a mild, annoying illness, why even worry about it?

Here is the deal to me. This is no longer an emergency situation and any efforts at this point to try to limit the spread are futile at best. It's like spitting in the ocean. Given that most are safe now from serious side effects from the virus (including long covid which is being shown to be rarer than initially thought), why even try to prevent spread? I am even amazed that some still test at this point. Heck, I am amazed to see anyone with a mask in public now. Even if one is immunocompromised, which probably most are not. Ok, you are visiting your 95 year old great grandmother and feel a cough, sore throat etc.. But, just skip the visit, don't test. You shouldn't probably visit if you feel sick anyway. Just my 2 cents, but one I think the majority are starting to realize if they haven't already.
01agtx
AG
All the pre and post exposure info is hereā€¦

https://covid19criticalcare.com/treatment-protocols/i-prevent-protect/
tmaggies
Science Denier
AG
NewOldAg said:

I believe eating healthy, exercise, and vitamin D, along with other vitamins, are the best preventative.

That will lower the harm COVID does to you. It won't keep you from getting it. The most probably outcome is that you won't even know you have COVID so you may think it keeps you from getting it.

Of course, that's over 90% of the cases anyway.
LOL OLD
CrystalLakeAgbu
NewOldAg said:

Words to live by that we all should follow.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.