***** 2024 SEC Outdoor Track & Feild Championship *****

16,628 Views | 313 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by brodhead75
LB12Diamond
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2nd leg for Hogs won that race for them.
taylorswift13_
LB12Diamond said:

2nd leg for Hogs won that race for them.
and our 2nd leg lost it
sharpdressedman
Can't. Beat. Arkansas.
brodhead75
That was a fast race. A&M ran a season best and finished 4th. Never expected Arkansas to come out like that. Hats off to them!
taylorswift13_
Zero points in the 100, 200, 4x100, 10,000, Shot Put, Discus, Hammer Throw, Triple Jump
brodhead75
we need sprinters. thats why Asinga was soooo important!
taylorswift13_
taylorswift13_ said:

Zero points in the 100, 200, 4x100, 10,000, Shot Put, Discus, Hammer Throw, Triple Jump
and for the women no points in the 100, 200, 800, 1500, 5000, 10000, Shot Put, Hammer Throw, Long Jump, Triple Jump
taylorswift13_
brodhead75 said:

we need sprinters. thats why Asinga was soooo important!
Pat Henry couldn't even line up a 4x100… that's inexcusable
taylorswift13_
Not sure if he did we could score in the 6A State Meet
AGDAD14
taylorswift13_ said:

Is this because of recruiting or coaching?

Does the Flash from Refugio immediately help the Aggies, or does he have more development to do before he can have an impact?
sharpdressedman
Wow. So many skunks for men and women. Not really a team effort for either group.
brodhead75
we haven't broke 40 in the 4x100 this year.
shady
AG
The title was lost because we have no sprinters. Yes Asinga is great but where are the others?

shady
AG
brodhead75 said:

we haven't broke 40 in the 4x100 this year.

Our best time was a 39.90..but that would have placed 6th at the 6A Texas state meet...ridiculous.
taylorswift13_
Both we've brought in some sprinters but they just haven't improved and are nowhere near the rest of the sec sprinters Bryce Foster was 6 feet behind his PR in shot put all year we have so many 400 guys on scholarship but many haven't PR'd all year, Escobar and Hemphill had rough years… we haven't signed a shotput/discus thrower in multiple years
Dumbfounded
How do we stack up at nationals. We should score in the 110 hurdles and 800 - where else?
taylorswift13_
Ernest Campbell will absolutely help! Give us a leg in the 4x100 and can hopefully in a couple years develop and score in the 100
taylorswift13_
Dumbfounded said:

How do we stack up at nationals. We should score in the 110 hurdles and 800 - where else?
we'd need points in the javelin as well and possibly in the 400 hurdles! Victor Kibiego could podium in the steeple and be a key difference maker! And the 400 and 4x400
taylorswift13_
By the end of tomorrow or Monday morning I'll list out all our regional qualifiers and where they stand for nationals!
taylorswift13_
Women 4x4 finishes 6th… Kennedy Wade has just hurt us all year! Nowhere near where she ran last year! It'll take a lot for this group to score at nationals
shady
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Women 4x4 finishes 6th… Kennedy Wade has just hurt us all year! Nowhere near where she ran last year! It'll take a lot for this group to score at nationals

Wade got absolutely demolished in that lead leg...and as you said it's been that way all year with her.
taylorswift13_
On the women's side at nationals we will get points in the javelin, the heptathlon, high jump, and pole vault… but Arkansas should win it all easily
shady
AG
Anybody know what Whitmarsh runs in the 400?

Surprised we haven't seen him get a shot at a leg on the 4x400.
brodhead75
1:45 today. Not sure Sam has the turnover speed for the 400. I'm sure he'd run a good one just not elite. Great 800 guy though. He's built for it. Tall and lean.
taylorswift13_
I think he's split like a high 46 one time on a b relay! Not sure what he could drop now! But we'll need his 10 points in the 800! The 800 is tricky for regionals and nationals! Hopefully we can get 3 Aggies all the way to the finals!
taylorswift13_
Caden Norris is hitting his stride at the right time! That's back to back PR'a for someone who has had a struggle with injuries! He's been running really really well!
AG75FYL
I would like to say a few words about Eric Carasez. He knew when he ran we needed points and he showed up big time. Way to go Eric.
sharpdressedman
Henry got his facilities which were needed, but not within his timetable due to other priorities with greater donor support.

Those with whom his continuous public carping created discomfort are unhappy with the ROI. Fortunately for the new AD, he has a great facilities package to offer the next guy.

Henry is weary, and has expressed his disdain for the new world of NIL/recruiting. It is not unreasonable to anticipate his retirement in the near term after a very distinguished career.

Get the right guy, and very significant improvements in the program could be quickly forthcoming.
taylorswift13_
AG75FYL said:

I would like to say a few words about Eric Carasez. He knew when he ran we needed points and he showed up big time. Way to go Eric.
I know he only has a few more races in an Aggie uniform! He's had a hell of a career in the maroon and white! We are really going to miss him!
taylorswift13_
Appreciate all who joined in the conversation today! Track is my favorite sport and Aggie track is my favorite team to root for and watch! Love talking track any and every day!
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Appreciate all who joined in the conversation today! Track is my favorite sport and Aggie track is my favorite team to root for and watch! Love talking track any and every day!
Me,too!
brodhead75
Really proud of our guys and girls! They put up a good fight. On to nationals!
agAngeldad
Arkansas has had an advantage in recruiting for years. Their state laws provide housing allowance that is significant (3/4) of years dollars. They also give dicount cards to their athletes that provides food. Add that to their LD kids and they have been winners for years.

NIL should balance this out, however PH doesnt like NIL. No sprinters is terrible.
brodhead75
the sprint corps has been hurt by injuries. Keanu Jones sat out 2023 with a torn achilles and that's a tough one to come back from. he's run a best of 10.2 prior to his injury. i heard that there were a couple of other kids who had injuries that really could have helped. It's tough. Honestly, for us to be in the team championship right up to the last race is impressive. Arkansas kills people with there depth and no one saw that 4x400 from them coming. Hats off to them. Still hoping for a go at the NCAA championship. Stay tuned.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.