Do you use blinkers?

3,075 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by File5
Wearer of the Ring
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Only when it's raining. Then i use both.
FJB
Moral High Horse
Quote:

Do you use blinkers?

***k no! I go where I want!
tandy miller
AG
Wearer of the Ring said:

Only when it's raining. Then i use both.

I chuckled
trueaggie2782
AG
Philo B 93 said:

Lake08 said:

Philo B 93 said:

Lake08 said:

Philo B 93 said:

Lake08 said:

fc2112 said:

Always. Those who don't are lazy, selfish troglodytes.

And yes - my blinker is not me asking permission - it's me telling you what's gonna happen regardless of your actions.

I hope some of these posts are troll attempts. U do realize if you're trying to get in another lane that is occupied by another car and get in an accident, it's your fault

As long as the front of your car is ahead of the occupied lane, the "Failure to Yield " citation typically goes to the guy who was cut off, ie the a-hole who tried not to let you get ahead of him.

That is incorrect

Hey, I just looked this up. I WAS wrong. Wow! Ha! I've been so lucky for so many years. But, yeah, everyone listen: Fault does go to the guy changing lanes and using a blinker , NOT the guy tailgating cars to keep anyone from getting in front of him.

You actually had to "look it up"? Of course if you're trying to get in another lane and get in an accident, then it's your fault. A blinker isn't the end of be all.

I always thought "Failure to Yield" would go to the driver with the clear view of the impending collision, not to the driver pulling into a blind spot.

And there lies your folly. You know what they say about assuming.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Philo B 93 said:

Lake08 said:

Philo B 93 said:

Lake08 said:

Philo B 93 said:

Lake08 said:

fc2112 said:

Always. Those who don't are lazy, selfish troglodytes.

And yes - my blinker is not me asking permission - it's me telling you what's gonna happen regardless of your actions.

I hope some of these posts are troll attempts. U do realize if you're trying to get in another lane that is occupied by another car and get in an accident, it's your fault

As long as the front of your car is ahead of the occupied lane, the "Failure to Yield " citation typically goes to the guy who was cut off, ie the a-hole who tried not to let you get ahead of him.

That is incorrect

Hey, I just looked this up. I WAS wrong. Wow! Ha! I've been so lucky for so many years. But, yeah, everyone listen: Fault does go to the guy changing lanes and using a blinker , NOT the guy tailgating cars to keep anyone from getting in front of him.

You actually had to "look it up"? Of course if you're trying to get in another lane and get in an accident, then it's your fault. A blinker isn't the end of be all.

I always thought "Failure to Yield" would go to the driver with the clear view of the impending collision, not to the driver pulling into a blind spot.

Blind spot doesn't mean it isn't your responsibility.

Do you really not look at your blindspot before moving lanes?

And there is a huge difference between tailgating and not leaving enough room for a car to come over. It's funny because you're claiming somebody else is tailgating, but if you're nose is in front of theirs (which you somehow thought was the only requirement), you would be pulling into a spot closer to the car in front of them than they were....

Either way, I'm hoping this is just a troll. It's terrifying to me that there are drivers would could actually believe that you moving INTO somebody else's lane forces them to slam on their brakes if your front bumper is a few inches ahead of theirs.
Philo B 93
JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

Either way, I'm hoping this is just a troll. It's terrifying to me that there are drivers would could actually believe that you moving INTO somebody else's lane forces them to slam on their brakes if your front bumper is a few inches ahead of theirs.

Not a troll, just an instance where I was misinformed decades ago and never had an incident that caused me to check it. One reason my info was never tested is because when I cut someone off, I always use a blinker to alert them. Regardless of who is at fault, I suppose I've never pulled in front of someone who was willing to take a hit to get me a ticket.

And dude, if this terrifies you, you probably shouldn't be driving.

Lake08
Philo B 93 said:

JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

Not a troll, just an instance where I was misinformed decades ago and never had an incident that caused me to check it. One reason my info was never tested is because when I cut someone off, I always use a blinker to alert them. Regardless of who is at fault, I suppose I've never pulled in front of someone who was willing to take a hit to get me a ticket.

"When I cut someone off, I'll always use a blinker to alert them….."

You're an idiot
Philo B 93
Lake08 said:

Philo B 93 said:

JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

"When I cut someone off, I'll always use a blinker to alert them….."

You're an idiot

No need to resort to name calling, Aggie friend. You can rest assured that the guy who started the blinkers thread and just posted that he hasn't any lane change accidents ever is a friendly and respectful driver.
aeon-ag
Philo B 93 said:

Do you use blinkers when driving?

- Some people see blinkers as a weakness, like asking for permission.
- Some people were never taught that they exist. They don't know what that lever does. Kind of like back windshield wipers or the recirculate button.
- Laziness. Why reach over and burn those extra calories by pushing the lever up or down?

I like blinkers. If I put it on and you speed up to block me, we're going to hit, because I'm coming over. I think of them more as cut-off warnings for people behind me.
If your talking about a turn signal indicator, yes I use them and do not like drivers that don't!!!!
File5
AG
Boomer male in my family is bad with signals and stays in left lane always. Somehow born and bred in Texas too. Don't get it.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.