*** FURIOSA: A MAD MAX SAGA ***

13,709 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
TXAG 05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YouBet said:

How much time has passed between last Mad Max film and this one?

I think this one is a prequel to Fury Road.
redline248
AG
I need to watch Fury Road again, I sort of forgot about Charlize Theron's character.
YouBet
AG
redline248 said:

I need to watch Fury Road again, I sort of forgot about Charlize Theron's character.

lol. You forgot about the protagonist?
Danger Mouse
AG
Not exactly sure how that could happen. Like saying you need to watch The Wizard of Oz again since you forgot about Judy Garland's character.
Class of '91 (MEEN)
Project Gemini
AG
There are some interesting takes already regarding Fury Road in here. I thought it was widely accepted that this is one of the best action moves of this century thus far. What else is in the mix? The Dark Knight and John Wick would be on my list. MI Fallout and Snowpiercer probably next.
redline248
AG
YouBet said:

redline248 said:

I mean, Tom Hardy is the 1st billed actor...

...but honestly, I don't remember a whole lot about the movie in general. I only watched it once.
redline248
AG
Project Gemini said:

There are some interesting takes already regarding Fury Road in here. I thought it was widely accepted that this is one of the best action moves of this century thus far. What else is in the mix? The Dark Knight and John Wick would be on my list. MI Fallout and Snowpiercer probably next.
Bro, there are 10 Fast and Furious movies in this century
Cliff.Booth
To be fair everything was very forgettable other than hood-ornament guitarist and explosions.
The Dog Lord
AG
redline248 said:

YouBet said:

redline248 said:

I mean, Tom Hardy is the 1st billed actor...

...but honestly, I don't remember a whole lot about the movie in general. I only watched it once.

That's still like remembering Luke Skywalker and forgetting Han Solo, but you made Han Solo sound like he was Biggs.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I've never gotten the hype personally. Sure, there's cool stunts, but there's hardly enough plot in there to keep me interested.

I take all the John Wicks and most of the M:Is and F&Fs over Fury Road.
PatAg
AG
Cliff.Booth said:

To be fair everything was very forgettable other than hood-ornament guitarist and explosions.
and 'WITNESS ME, BLOODBAG" scenes
MSFC Aggie
AG
PatAg said:

Cliff.Booth said:

and 'WITNESS ME, BLOODBAG" scenes
I pretty much say witness me every time I go to Walmart
fig96
AG
Different kind of film relative to the others, but The Raid. Also Bourne.
TCTTS
AG
Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12037194/
May 24, 2024
Theatrical Exclusive

Hagen95
AG
I feel like the entire plot was laid out in that trailer.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, Warner Bros is usually better about that, but this one feels like damn near everything but the final fight is laid out.
TCTTS
AG
At least this version has an intro with Anya Taylor-Joy looking smoking hot and speaking Spanish...

Quad Dog
AG
for those of you that couldn't quite place it, it is The Man Who Sold The World.
FL_Ag1998
AG
TCTTS said:

Yeah, Warner Bros is usually better about that, but this one feels like damn near everything but the final fight is laid out.

And that's why I only watch the first, maybe second trailer put out for any movie I'm interested in. Don't need to watch 5 trailers to know whether I want to watch the movie or not. If i'm interested in the movie I sure as hell don't want all the surprises or good scenes spoiled before I even get to the theater.

I knew I wanted to watch this movie as soon as it was announced. I watched the first trailer out of pure curiosity to see what the movie is going to look like. It's now possibly my most anticipated movie of this year, so no way am I watching any more trailers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The very obvious bald cap / wig is bugging me.
aggierogue
AG
Looking forward to this!
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Cromagnum
AG
TCTTS said:

At least this version has an into with Anya Taylor-Joy looking smoking hotand speaking Spanish...

I'm going to stop you right there.
TCTTS
AG
I can't tell if you emphatically agree or, insanely, don't agree at all.
Madmarttigan
AG
You do realize she is very … unique… looking and not attractive to everyone right?
TCTTS
AG
What I realize is that a number of middle-aged message boarders with next to no game and not a chance in hell with someone like her are about to be their usual, ultra-critical selves, anonymously/from behind a keyboard, and that this conversation is apparently about to devolve into yet another "My wife is hotter" / "I see hotter chicks at Target" conversations that TexAgs is hilariously known for.
FL_Ag1998
AG
TCTTS said:

What I realize is that a number of middle-aged message boarders with next to no game and not a chance in hell with someone like her are seemingly about to be their usual, ultra-critical selves, anonymously/from behind a keyboard, and that this conversation is apparently about to devolve into yet another "My wife is hotter" / "I see hotter chicks at Target" type conversations that TexAgs is hilariously known for.

Yeah, middle-aged message boarder here with next to no game and not a chance in hell with her just dropping in to confirm that she's hot and looks fantastic in that intro clip.
The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

What I realize is that a number of middle-aged message boarders with next to no game and not a chance in hell with someone like her are about to be their usual, ultra-critical selves, anonymously/from behind a keyboard, and that this conversation is apparently about to devolve into yet another "My wife is hotter" / "I see hotter chicks at Target" conversations that TexAgs is hilariously known for.

Respect the game
Sea Speed
AG
TCTTS said:

She's not going to **** you, bro.
TCTTS
AG
So in your mind I'm commenting on her hotness solely out of some desperate hope that she reads a college football message board, randomly happens upon this thread, and is so charmed by my defense of her that, sight unseen, she figures out my identity, somehow finds my contact info, reaches out to me, and then ****s me as a reward? That's what you're going with?
Sea Speed
AG
I honestly can't tell if that is a serious post or shtick. If it is not a serious post then I salute you, great job. If it is serious, then you're much more volatile and incapable of taking a joke than I imagined and you really need to brush up on internet white knight humor that has been on mesaageboards since probably 5 minutes after the first female posted on one.
TCTTS
AG
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TCTTS said:

At least this version has an intro with Anya Taylor-Joy looking smoking hot and speaking Spanish...

https://instagr.am/p/C50g-KBihXL
Cromagnum
AG
TCTTS said:

I can't tell if you emphatically agree or, insanely, don't agree at all.

She looks like a catfish and a siamese cat got together.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.