Outdoors
Sponsored by

*** Ski Season 2023 - 2024 ***

207,210 Views | 2446 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by RangerRick9211
JustPanda
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where's everyone skiing this winter/spring?

We got the Epic Pass, the Aspen Alpine pass, and the Sunlight weekday pass. We didn't get an Ikon Pass but we get medallions from Steamboat through my work and we get JH/Snow King passes through my FIL. Outside of the occasional drop into Steamboat and Christmas in Jackson, here's our plan:

Epic Pass: Beaver Creek, Breck, Crested Butte, Keystone, Park City a couple weekends, Telluride for 7 days, and Vail.

Aspen Alpine - Aspen Highlands & Snowmass

Sunlight: Sunlight Mtn & Monarch

Edit to add: Trying to find a good time for a Heli ski in AK. We usually close the season with a Heli trip to the Tetons the week after JH closes to visit the in laws and spend time around Easter.
clinte234
AG
Going to Purgatory between Christmas and New Years for the second year in a row. Last year we hit it perfect...snowed about a foot the night we got there! Hoping for similar conditions this year, but just excited to get the kids on the mountain!
rak1693
AG
Wife and I are making a trip to Wolf Creek and then we'll head from there to Crested Butte. It'll be my first time at Wolf Creek. We'll be there over New Years
rather be fishing
AG
Have my season pass for Schweitzer and plan to be up there a ton with my soon to be 5yo. Schweitzer was bought out by Alterra and I'm a little apprehensive about the coming changes.

Will probably try to get our 2yo on skis some, may just be in the front yard, but we'll see.
rather be fishing
AG
JustPanda said:

Where's everyone skiing this winter/spring?

We got the Epic Pass, the Aspen Alpine pass, and the Sunlight weekday pass. We didn't get an Ikon Pass but we get medallions from Steamboat through my work and we get JH/Snow King passes through my FIL. Outside of the occasional drop into Steamboat and Christmas in Jackson, here's our plan:

Epic Pass: Beaver Creek, Breck, Crested Butte, Keystone, Park City a couple weekends, Telluride for 7 days, and Vail.

Aspen Alpine - Aspen Highlands & Snowmass

Sunlight: Sunlight Mtn & Monarch

Edit to add: Trying to find a good time for a Heli ski in AK. We usually close the season with a Heli trip to the Tetons the week after JH closes to visit the in laws and spend time around Easter.
Were you able to find the price on those Kendos, Ripsticks, and Prodigy?
h1ag
AG
Cannon NH resident veteran pass

Burke gives 60% with any other mountains' passes plus free lift tickets mid week for veterans

Those two will be my primary hills with random friends trips around New England I'll pay out of pocket for. Probably going to hit up Saddleback, Sugarloaf, and Killington for the bear mountain comp at least

One trip to Taos planned, and I'll probably try to scoot out for a solo long weekend out west at some point. I've been meaning to get to Palisades for a few years now.
YZ250
Most likely Beaver Creek but could also go to Breck.
DSAg99
Wolf Creek in late Jan
LRHF
AG
Purgatory for the epic upcoming winter with daily stops at the Nugget! Not sure if I have a skiing problem or a drinking problem
mrad85
AG
Angel Fire starting Christmas Eve for the week.

With 3 young grandsons, their ski school is pretty good.
MouthBQ98
AG
Not sure where yet but my knee should be able to ski again by New Years or so.
Yesterday
AG
Got an Epic Pass through the military retired discount which is awesome. Skiiing Park City in early February and Beaver Creek during spring break.

Thinking about a third Epic location. Maybe Heavenly or Keystone. Might even go back to Beaver Creek first week of January. Is Keystone kid friendly at all?
2wealfth Man
AG
Whistler is on the list this year! Looking forward to it.
clinte234
AG
I have not personally been to Keystone...but it is considered one of the best big ski areas for kids/families. We love taking our kids up the road to Copper Mountain...I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
I don't want to give away my favorite spots so less people go there!

But I'll be skiing!
SockDePot
Whistler in Jan

Whitefish in Feb

Haven't figured out snow or sand for spring break
NoahAg
Didn't y'all hear? This is the earth's hottest year in 2 billion years so ski season is canceled.
docb
AG
NoahAg said:

Didn't y'all hear? This is the earth's hottest year in 2 billion years so ski season is canceled.
Lol. I am kind of hoping for just an average snowfall this year. Last year killed a lot of wildlife in Colorado unfortunately.
h1ag
AG
docb said:

NoahAg said:

Lol. I am kind of hoping for just an average snowfall this year. Last year killed a lot of wildlife in Colorado unfortunately.
Send it east!

I've started following the solar minimum, el nino/la nina cycles more closely than I ever had before once I moved up here. NH got average snowfall last year, but something like 75% of that came in March....
JustPanda
AG
Colorado's in an El Niño pattern. So, likely colder and slightly wetter than average.
JustPanda
AG
The Vail/BC skiers should come into Charter Sports for rentals. I'll give you the friends and family rate: $0.

We have spots in Breck, too but I don't really have a connection to those stores.
JustPanda
AG
I'll be in purgatory the first week of March for the SkiBike.com races.
Ragoo
AG
h1ag said:

Burke gives 60% with any other mountains' passes plus free lift tickets mid week for veterans

Those two will be my primary hills with random friends trips around New England I'll pay out of pocket for. Probably going to hit up Saddleback, Sugarloaf, and Killington for the bear mountain comp at least

One trip to Taos planned, and I'll probably try to scoot out for a solo long weekend out west at some point. I've been meaning to get to Palisades for a few years now.
saddleback is in Tannersville PA right?
rak1693
AG
I may have to schedule a trip to BC then. I haven't been in a few years but it's been one of my favorite places to go in Colorado
Hoyt Ag
AG
Powderhorn as long as I am in CO till December, Japan, La Parva and Portillo.
h1ag
AG
Ragoo said:

h1ag said:

Camelback is in PA. Saddleback is western Maine.
Ragoo
AG
h1ag said:

Ragoo said:

h1ag said:

Camelback is in PA. Saddleback is western Maine.
ah. Cool.
Otto 08
AG
Kid friendly from the perspective of ski school, small group instructors, and rando kid stuff at the base. Two small short greens and a bunny slope with a practice lift. Shortest full run green is school marm and she's 3.5 miles long. That being said my 9 and 5 year old love it there.
Otto 08
AG
Love Copper! We run epic but if I wasn't a cheapie and got the icon I'd be there ever weekend. Great runs and never seems as crowded.
JustPanda
AG
Schoolmarm
Otto 08
AG
Funny enough iPhone doesn't recognize marm and wants to correct it.
LRHF
AG
Let's catch up then!

LRHF
(720) 425-6138
chet98
AG
Curious about Angel Fire. We went to Taos for spring break last year with my brand new teenaged skier. Their lesson area was really good. May do that again and get him a private lesson but also thinking about Angel Fire. Any experience with Taos by any chance and if so can you compare Angel Fire pros & cons to Taos?
clinte234
AG
Taos is an overall tougher/steeper mountain. No experience with their ski school. Angel Fire has a really good reputation for their ski school (if you get signed up early enough...they book up fast!) Easier mountain overall, no long drive up to the mountain each day, but not much to do outside of skiing.

We've gone to Angel Fire for years and know the mountain really well. The last few times have been really crowded (Spring Break and MLK weekend).

We switched gears and went to Santa Fe Spring Break of 2022 and found it to be a lot less crowded after we got off the front of the mountain. Our kids are past ski school now so I can't give an opinion on that.
JustPanda
AG
Taos would be considered a premium ski hill on the level of Vail, Park City, Palisades, Steamboat, Heavenly, JH, etc

Anglerfire would rate as a middle graded hill for NM and probs a middle to lower in CO/CA. Shorter runs, easier runs, less technical and less vertical. Snow conditions can vary dramatically as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.