Outdoors
Sponsored by

*** Ski Season 2023 - 2024 ***

207,223 Views | 2446 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by RangerRick9211
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JustPanda said:

Nice! Love the 100 waist. Lmk what you think of them.

I'm excited but the reviews make them sound very damp (multiple reviews describing them as boring) so I'm still on the lookout for a deal on some faction mana 3 (maybe 2) or black crows camox
rather be fishing
AG
JP - do you have a discount on Hestra?
JustPanda
AG
As an owner of all of those - great ideas!
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Well they were your ideas!
JustPanda
AG
If I know 3 things it's skis, yoga, and herb.
RangerRick9211
AG
I just got to Bend. The wife and daughter won't be here until tomorrow night.

Full gazz tomorrow. Phil's MTB in the morning. Bach ski for lunch. If the legs are there, a skin up South Sister for a backcountry evening. Then dinner with my girls on the Deschutes. I'm so excited. Then 1/2 day of skiing Saturday with the fam and more playing around Bend. I love this place.
JustPanda
AG
I have a set of 70cm and 80cm tiny person skis if anyone would like them. Spring cleaning.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Decent shape?
JustPanda
AG
Haha yeah - 70s and 80s are the legit smallest skis they make. So like 3/4/5 year olds. They kinda last forever. On rental bindings so easy to adjust.

Here's a link to the same setup -https://www.snowsportsoutlet.com/atomic-vantage-jr-x-kids-skis-e5-bindings.html?id=100268866&quantity=1

Just looking to get them some use. Couple hundred bucks probs between the 2. Above like are used and asking $100+ tax shipping etc. They looked super sad in the closet.

You almost never find these lengths at ski swaps because they are usually the first to go.
RangerRick9211
AG
Bend is for dual sport days. Skied Bach this morning and then found the snow line again in the afternoon from Bend on the bike. It gets much colder here overnight compared to Hood, so true corduroy-to-corn conditions. Not just mashed potatoes. South Sister skin tomorrow morning. I'm toast and the fam got here at 4.

ChipFTAC01
AG
JustPanda said:

Haha yeah - 70s and 80s are the legit smallest skis they make. So like 3/4/5 year olds. They kinda last forever. On rental bindings so easy to adjust.

Here's a link to the same setup -https://www.snowsportsoutlet.com/atomic-vantage-jr-x-kids-skis-e5-bindings.html?id=100268866&quantity=1

Just looking to get them some use. Couple hundred bucks probs between the 2. Above like are used and asking $100+ tax shipping etc. They looked super sad in the closet.

You almost never find these lengths at ski swaps because they are usually the first to go.

Looks like mine are more on 95-110s. Thanks.

Did you ever hear back from your atomic guy or has that window closed?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
JustPanda said:

I have a set of 70cm and 80cm tiny person skis if anyone would like them. Spring cleaning.

I'll take the 80s if they're still available. My little girl was on 70s this year so those would be a good next step
JustPanda
AG
PM me your address.
JustPanda
AG
Let me give him a buzz.
JustPanda
AG
Decided to hit up closing day Aspen vs. closing day Vail. Way less crowded and FAR less drugs and drinking and overall childish behavior.

Last closing day for us in CO. Moving to Tulum on Friday. Ayyy! Movers come Wednesday to box and Thursday to load all of our stuff. Still shocked that the entire apartment was only $3,300 to move from here to Tulum.

If you guys and gals are in the area, feel free to shoot me a PM or text!

Losing my parking spot in TOV was our last straw. We didn't really see much point in living up here if it was going to cost us $50/day+ to ski when we were already barely breaking even. That's like 4-5k a year in the excess parking costs.

We will be back and staying at my dads old place for the month of February and 2 weeks in December so plenty to time to scratch the ski itch.
wessimo
AG
Good luck with the move!
Yesterday
AG
Good luck! I'm sure we'll be down in that area soon!
RangerRick9211
AG
We back!
InfantryAg
AG
You forgot to label the one at the bottom! Mt Shasta.
RangerRick9211
AG

Yesterday
AG
Does anyone ski on these days when the hills are closed? Just hike up? Do they ever run the lifts randomly?
RangerRick9211
AG
Yesterday said:

Does anyone ski on these days when the hills are closed? Just hike up? Do they ever run the lifts randomly?

Luckily, the major OR resorts (Timberline, Meadows and Bachelor) are all still 100% open.

However, yes, they also all have uphill policies (you can find the dedicated climbing routes on their trail maps).

Should also add the Timberline spins Palmer through August most years!
JustPanda
AG
The new digs.
smstork1007
AG
Top button undone, enjoying an evening on the patio, taking a hit, that girl is living the life. Glad you found a new place to call home bro, looks like a great place and I hope it was the right move for ya'll, short and long term.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Probably last day of the season for us. Finished it off with a beautiful day on Bachelor.

JustPanda
AG
I got my Mexican work permit approved! If anyone ever has questions about the process of getting a residence visa and work visa for MX, feel free to shoot me a message

If any of you guys / gals are down here and need rides to and from airport or around town or need restaurant recs or activity recs or want to grab a tequila lmk too!

I hope everyone's having a great summer. Crazy to think it snowed in Vail this week and it's 92 degrees here.
trip98
AG
JP,
I replied to your email

Trip
InfantryAg
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Probably last day of the season for us. Finished it off with a beautiful day on Bachelor.
May and you're still skiing with the kid. I had to make a trip to central Texas. May 11th and it's 83 degrees today and 70% humidity. This is why I don't live in Texas anymore. I would spend the next 5 months indoors.

Summer a couple of years ago, when it was 100 degrees and low humidity in northern CA, I could still drive an hour into 55 degrees and snow on the ground.
RangerRick9211
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

We were at Bach last weekend as well! Cutie btw!

Finale turns with my daughter yesterday at Meadows. We finished the day in Hood River swimming. Ski to swim!

Palmer is officially spinning, so I'll keep the Turns All Year streak going every month. But it's full gazz gravel and MTB season! See you all in November!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Looks like your kid is the same age as mine… we gotta get them on the slopes together next year!

Love Oregon, we're on the coast (Gold Beach) now enjoying the sunshine and warm weather this weekend.

Yesterday
AG
So awesome you get to ski this long. We're blessed to do 2 ski trips a year and we always want more but I can imagine we want more because we don't have it easily available.

Three years in now with the whole family and we are loving every minute of it. There is a giant barrier to entry for this sport but once you break through it's awesome.
RangerRick9211
AG
We're game to sync up.

If you're back in Bend during June holler! We're there every weekend for bike races.

Enjoy the coast. We may get another round of aurora tonight if you're still there!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.