Houston
Sponsored by

HISD School Choice first round of results today

4,090 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by Aggiemike96
MAS444
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Psshf - valedictorian at Lamar… How pathetic.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I have a kid at WDLA. She's been "immersed" in Spanish since birth. The hard part for us is helping with Spanish language homework. Also, just heads up, there are a LOT of parents that are not bi-lingual so playdates, etc., can be a trick.
Furlock Bones
AG
ThunderCougarFalconBird said:

I have a kid at WDLA. She's been "immersed" in Spanish since birth. The hard part for us is helping with Spanish language homework. Also, just heads up, there are a LOT of parents that are not bi-lingual so playdates, etc., can be a trick.

My wife is a native Spanish speaker. So fortunately that's not issue for us.

Other than that how has your experience been at Wharton? What grade is your kid in?

What part of town do you live in?
Aggiemike96
AG
The youngest has gone from #74 on the waitlist originally to #4 as of this morning. There evidently is a bolt from HISD to private schools. My understanding is that Carnegie takes 185 incoming freshmen; therefore, 70 have been accepted and rejected their offer.

Edit (5/16/2024): She was accepted today after becoming #1 on the waitlist Friday, 5/10.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.