GX550 Waitlist

6,484 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 25 days ago by FTAco07
rab4225
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just curious how many people on here are on the waitlist for the new GX550?

Wanted a spot for people to post any info they receive on allocation or deliveries.

I'm on the list but a few hundred down so likely will be waiting a while. Just hoping to get lucky as I was told the trim and color I picked are not the popular ones.
Jaydoug
AG
Looks like auto companies are taking a page from Franklin's BBQ. Scarcity drives demand
Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
figured i'll get a used one in a year or two
TecRecAg
AG
Curious to see how it goes for you. I'll probably wait a couple of years before I pull the trigger. My truck works just fine and I have a 2.49% rate.. very hard to let that go for just a "want".
drumboy
AG
Here
drumboy
AG
Jaydoug said:

Looks like auto companies are taking a page from Franklin's BBQ. Scarcity drives demand
The popular platform that FINALLY is getting a refresh (other than a grill refresh) and from the dealers I've talked to there won't be a dealer markup.

I've seen some folks on the "2024 Lexus GX 550 Owners" group on FB talking about required dealer add ons in some cases. I'm on the list for a dealer in Dallas (not sure of number but top 3rd) as well as Houston. Possibly selling my 2011 LX once it's ready.
SteveA
AG
There have already been reports of markup up to 100k
AgCPA95
AG
SteveA said:

There have already been reports of markup up to 100k

I thought Lexus was one of the manufacturers not allowing dealers markups above MSRP during the COVID craziness? I know they can always get you with endless "required" dealer add-ons but surprised to hear this if true.
Crispin Torque
My understanding is the first round of allocations were this week. Probably worth calling around to all of the dealerships in your area again to see how they are handling them now that they know what they have.
FTAco07
AG
First allocations are definitely out as of yesterday.
BoDog
AG
FTAco07 said:

First allocations are definitely out as of yesterday.
where are you seeing this?
CuriousAg
drumboy said:

Jaydoug said:

Possibly selling my 2011 LX once it's ready.

Please share more! I would be a possible buyer.
FTAco07
AG
It's being reported on multiple GX 550 forums, some have build sheets posted with VIN numbers.
drumboy
AG
CuriousAg said:

drumboy said:

Jaydoug said:

Possibly selling my 2011 LX once it's ready.

Please share more! I would be a possible buyer.

Just under 200k, white with tan interior, driven by a friends 75 yo mom from 2013 - 2022 with all maintenance documented at Sewell. I can get pics.

Not 100% sure I want to sell and wouldn't be desperate. I love driving it and have a set of 18" Alpha bronze wheels that I was planning on putting ATs on.
CuriousAg
Nice. I bought a low mile cayenne turbo this summer and maintenance thus far is insane. Wish I would have gone the LX route, but wife just didn't understand the reliability price payoff.
FTAco07
AG
Got confirmation that my new GX is being built today and will be on the boat next Tuesday heading my way!
rab4225
AG
Nice,

If you dont mind sharing:

When did you get on a list
What dealer
Trim...

Also what timeframe are you expecting delivery?
FTAco07
AG
rab4225 said:

Nice,

If you dont mind sharing:

What dealer
Trim...

Q3/Q4 last year, but I have a solid connection at the dealer that helped

What dealer
I would rather not say, but it's a random one I wouldn't go through without the above connection

Trim...
Overtrail +

Mid April through late May, should get a tighter window once it gets stateside and again once it leaves the west coast port.
CavitationAG
AG
My wife got the call this weekend to confirm what colors, trim, etc. that she was good with. The salesperson said that they should be receiving vehicles every two weeks now.

This is with Sewell in Dallas.
jmac98
AG
Just added my name to the wait list at Westside Lexus in Houston. I'm excited to replace my 2016 Honda Pilot with the GX....whenever it gets here!

If you don't know what you're doing, do it quickly.
drumboy
AG
jmac98 said:

Just added my name to the wait list at Westside Lexus in Houston. I'm excited to replace my 2016 Honda Pilot with the GX....whenever it gets here!

Did they give you an estimate?
jmac98
AG
They didn't, and i didn't even want to ask. They said that their first deliveries are happening this week. They expect to have a demo by early May. I'll text the salesman to see when he thinks my GX will be coming in. My guess is August.

rab4225
AG
I like hearing that first deliveries are coming this week, I have been watching the website as I thought they would show up in transit and nothing so far.
tk for tu juan
So if I wanted to get on a waitlist now i am guessing a silver with black roof and no sunroof Overtrail or Overtrail+ wouldn't be available for a long, long time
BoDog
AG
probably December...
FTAco07
AG
tk for tu juan said:

So if I wanted to get on a waitlist now i am guessing a silver with black roof and no sunroof Overtrail or Overtrail+ wouldn't be available for a long, long time
If you want an OT with no sunroof in only one specific color you're probably going to be waiting for a while. Lexus is prioritizing higher optioned models so the sunroof delete is going to be your delay there.
jmac98
AG
As suspected, here is the noncommittal answer from the dealer when asked when to expect delivery:

It is still too early to tell. It all depends on production and future allocation. The great news is, we are the #1 volume GX dealership in the country so we will get a healthy supply as long as the production volume is there.

Mas89
AG
tk for tu juan said:

bam02
AG
Was he pretty relieved that he didn't almost buy a Prius?
Mas89
AG
He likes the fuel mileage. In sales and drives a lot some days. Like a couple hundred miles several days a week.
bam02
AG
I drive that much for sales, too. Still!
tk for tu juan
Not really in a hurry to get one, maybe 12 to 18 months down the road. Probably do not even need to put my name on a list just yet.
SomeRandomAg#2580
AG
jmac98 said:

As suspected, here is the noncommittal answer from the dealer when asked when to expect delivery:

It is still too early to tell. It all depends on production and future allocation. The great news is, we are the #1 volume GX dealership in the country so we will get a healthy supply as long as the production volume is there.

Jmac, my wife put a deposit down on a GX at Westside in December and there were 500+ at that time.

The SA said Westside would not be adding "market adjustment" and price would be MSRP. Hopefully they don't play the $5k of dealer addons game.

What did they indicate to you on price?
Any other people have feedback on cost at Westside?
jmac98
AG
My dealer at Westside said that they would not charge above the MSRP and do not play the dealer add-on game either, so I'm expecting a price pretty dang close to the MSRP.

FTAco07
AG
jmac98 said:

My dealer at Westside said that they would not charge above the MSRP and do not play the dealer add-on game either, so I'm expecting a price pretty dang close to the MSRP.

I would be aware of/expecting some port installed options. Not as scammy as the dealer tint, paint protection, vin etching bit, but most early orders I've seen are coming with at least a few port installed options like rock rails, roof rack, dash camera, cargo nets, etc. Those would add up to a few thousand dollars above factory msrp.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.