What are Your Favorite Movie Battle Scenes?

4,155 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 8 days ago by Yordaddy
BQ78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is that when he recited from memory Marcus Lucanus' Chronicles of Cesar or was that at Fredericksburg? Sometimes I get confused.
Bighunter43
AG
BQ78 said:

Is that when he recited from memory Marcus Lucanus' Chronicles of Cesar or was that at Fredericksburg? Sometimes I get confused.

That was at Fredericksburg…."hail Caesar….we who are about to die salute you!"…lol. Jeff Daniels was such a hit in Gettysburg that Maxwell kind of over did it in G&G. The worst part to me…G&G being a prequel made ten years after Gettysburg…..using many of the same actors….and they look so much older when in reality they'd have been a few months younger! I will say that Stephen Lang captured George Pickett in Gettysburg and was just as believable as Stonewall Jackson in G&G….sorry to hijack….carry on!
Cen-Tex
AG
Watched a pretty good movie titled Warsaw 44. A Polish language movie, so subtitles are a must. One scene in the movie featured an unmanned German Goliath track mine used during a battle. It's the first time I had seen one highlighted in a movie.

Rabid Cougar
AG
All of the films are mostly about the history of our forefathers.

Lots of us lived this history...

"The Outpost"... The Outpost

The Battle of Kamdesh October , 2009.

I lived this experience. "The Hornets Nest." Cougar Company, 327th Inf. Reg. 101st Inf, Division
27 Medevacs.
Rabid Cougar
AG
I am rewatching "The Pacific" . Along with "Flags of Our Fathers" and "Letters from Iwo Jima" just horrible conditions...
Windy City Ag
AG
Two not mentioned so far:

We were solders - Battle of Ia Drang - From the Broken Arrow scene to the Air Cav relief landings to the illustration of modern artillery precision to the final hill charge, awesome across the board. The story did a good job portraying it from both sides as well.

I know that final charge never actually happened, but still fun to watch.

I am also partial to the Gladiator conflict with Germanic Tribes in Vienna at the start of the film. Historians have praised it as decently accurate in regard to Roman armor and encampments. They did piss on many of the formations used in the scenes.

Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

I am rewatching "The Pacific" . Along with "Flags of Our Fathers" and "Letters from Iwo Jima" just horrible conditions...

I stood on the deck of the USS Missouri over Spring Break looking up over those big guns. I can't imagine what those Japanese soliders were thinking when the Navy was lighting up those Iwo Jima Beaches. I guess they were dug way into tunnels so it didnt matter, but still an amazing display of firepower.

BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Great topic!
Rabid Cougar
AG
Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

I stood on the deck of the USS Missouri over Spring Break looking up over those big guns. I can't imagine what those Japanese soliders were thinking when the Navy was lighting up those Iwo Jima Beaches. I guess they were dug way into tunnels so it didnt matter, but still an amazing display of firepower.

The same thing that the Marines thought when the Hiei and the Kirishima bombarded Henderson Field.....
Gator92
AG
Can't believe this hasn't been posted...

Longest Day Point Du Hoc...

Yordaddy
AG
I second beginning scene of Gladiator when the Romans are fighting the Germanic tribes.

I also love some of the naval battle scenes in Master and Commander. Pretty rare to see detailed operations on a man-of-war engaging another ship, the chaos and gun crews in action. No idea how accurate it is though.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.