phil being phil

6,358 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by 98Ag99Grad
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
98Ag99Grad said:

Yeah but they can only wait around so long. Speith stated the PIF isn't even needed now that the private money deal has been made.

Which I don't think is true, but if they want to double down on stupid again then I guess so be it.
JCA1
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Yeah but they can only wait around so long. Speith stated the PIF isn't even needed now that the private money deal has been made.

Which I don't think is true, but if they want to double down on stupid again then I guess so be it.

Yeah. I think private investment would probably suffice if all they were doing was maintaining the current tour financially. I don't think it's enough to maintain the current tour and fend off the PIF's bottomless bankroll.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
If the money gets much bigger than where it is today, I will be turned off by that. A single tournament victory shouldn't result in generational money.
GIF Reactor
AG
JCA1 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

98Ag99Grad said:

Yeah. I think private investment would probably suffice if all they were doing was maintaining the current tour financially. I don't think it's enough to maintain the current tour and fend off the PIF's bottomless bankroll.

Bottomless bankroll? All the PGAT players and supporters need to boycot buying gas next Friday. I was told thats how you show the OPEC nations who's boss.
dc509
AG
The tour didn't change because they didn't think they had to. The people in charge were getting rich and why figure out how to change? Then the Netflix to their Blockbuster showed up and it's probably already too late.

I don't know what "too late" means at this point, but they can't compete with the money the Saudis can throw around.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Jimmy Dunne has resigned from the policy board.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.