Rice University students set to declare their allegiance to Hamas today

9,497 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by Faustus
SW AG80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

torrid said:

Panama Red said:

So that means A&M COULD have an encampment?
He didn't say what sport. Don't we have a basketball title?

Basketball, baseball, tennis, women's golf
txags92
AG
Want to declare allegiance to a known terrorist group? Ok. Now let's gather up names and put them all on the terrorist watch list, prevent them from boarding commercial aircraft, make sure they fail a background check when purchasing firearms, etc. If you throw your lot in with terrorists, there is a price to be paid. Treat them like the terrorists they want to be. Only a matter of time before one of them chooses violence.
El Gallo Blanco
Can you imagine trying to win people over and gain their sympathy by being as nasty, thuggish and abrasive as possible?

I didn't hate Gaza before, I really had no feelings, but now I do not care what happens to that place, and I despise anyone who openly expresses support for Gaza. Anyone who does so is now trash in my book. Degenerate, communist trash.

Great work libs.
Gilligan
AG
Burdizzo said:

Burrus86 said:

What comes out of Hamas' ass? RICE RICE RICE

Hummus, hummus, hummus!
Don't be disrespecting chickpea recipes with Hamas!
MAROON
AG
aggiez03 said:

Not surprised about Rice considering it's makeup at this point:

https://admission.rice.edu/apply/class-profile

Looks like only 35% Texan and 27% Caucasian

40% of international students are from China.

Scores are still off the charts high, but they seem to be actively trying to eliminate white male Texans.

could have told you that. If you are a white male, you are a minority at Rice.
one safe place
nortex97 said:

The communists think they are on the 'winning' side right now, but eventually it devours its own no matter what.
That ring of pencil-necked geeks trying to prevent arrests of this trash needs to be met with billy club wielding cops. A few cracked skulls and shattered kneecaps and they will lose their desire to be a part of it.
JWinTX
nortex97 said:

The communists think they are on the 'winning' side right now, but eventually it devours its own no matter what.
Well, it takes financial bankruptcy to defeat communism, which is the only reason the Soviet Union collapsed upon itself in 80 years. Of course, the social controls stifled ingenuity, creativity, freedom, and breathing, so that doesn't help the situation, either.

China has one major issue they will have to deal with, the lack of females born in their country for decades. They will be Japan 2.0 in about 50 years, with an aging population that isn't being rebuilt. Now, they could try to be the Soviets and take over other countries, but that was another way the Soviets got financially bankrupted, too. Maybe the Chinese take over all of Asia, except for India and Pakistan, but they seem pretty content with their current situation.
4stringAg
AG
txags92 said:

Want to declare allegiance to a known terrorist group? Ok. Now let's gather up names and put them all on the terrorist watch list, prevent them from boarding commercial aircraft, make sure they fail a background check when purchasing firearms, etc. If you throw your lot in with terrorists, there is a price to be paid. Treat them like the terrorists they want to be. Only a matter of time before one of them chooses violence.
Biden's admin is too busy putting white suburban parents who show up to school board meetings to protest what their kids are getting taught on their watch lists, or law abiding gun owners.
dmart90
AG
Arrest the faculty members, too. Problem solved.
dmart90
AG
one safe place said:

That ring of pencil-necked geeks trying to prevent arrests of this trash needs to be met with billy club wielding cops. A few cracked skulls and shattered kneecaps and they will lose their desire to be a part of it.
User name does not check out.
usmcbrooks
aggiez03 said:

Scores are still off the charts high, but they seem to be actively trying to eliminate white male Texans.

The jokes write themselves sometimes.
Shoefly!
AG
ds00 said:

4stringAg said:

maxag42 said:

Just wild how students in universities across the country support gender inclusion, equality, equal pay, etc. are willing to support Hamas who would destroy people for supporting these beliefs at the very first chance.

That's like me saying I don't believe in abusing women but in another country it's totally ok because it's under the guise of a religion. The logic they have when faced with facts are mind boggling and absolutely ridiculous. I just don't get it.
Its because they all sign on for the cause du jour. Oh, there are some true believers, actual Muslims and Palestinians in the mix but a large portion of these dumbasses are white kids who are so guilty and have been indoctrinated to feel like they are part of an oppressor class that they must make amends by supporting whatever cause comes along that can assuage their guilt. Currently that's Hamas and Palestine. Next month or year it'll be trans, LGB, etc.
Exactly. Most aren't evil or crazy or whatever. Of course they are misguided, but they're just kids following the crowd. They'll be on to something else next month.

Hmmm! Just imagine if they could get rid of our guns and ammo!
MouthBQ98
AG
45-70Ag said:

Just heard in the radio.

I hope that campus burns. Austin, you're on the clock to join in the stupidity.

Texas U get saved often because the state capitol is just a short walk away and protestors go there instead.
ABATTBQ11
AG
maxag42 said:

Just wild how students in universities across the country support gender inclusion, equality, equal pay, etc. are willing to support Hamas who would destroy people for supporting these beliefs at the very first chance.

That's like me saying I don't believe in abusing women but in another country it's totally ok because it's under the guise of a religion. The logic they have when faced with facts are mind boggling and absolutely ridiculous. I just don't get it.

They're all about "decolonization" too, but when it comes to the Jews retaking their homeland from the colonizing arabs, all of a sudden it's a bad thing.

Somehow, the Jews are the "colonizers," but you have to completely ignore the definition of a colony to label them that. They were never wholly or partially politically controlled by another country. They were migrants and refugees from many places.

These idiots are all about fighting "xenophobia" too, but it's like they forget all about how the arabs in Israel in the late 19th and early 20th century didn't want any Jews moving there. Nooooooo, can't have those dirty foreigners moving in and taking over things. Guess "xenophobia" is fine and good as long as it's fixed at the right people...
deddog
AG
Rapier108 said:

Nailed it
akm91
AG
torrid said:

Panama Red said:

Uh, we've won multiple SEC championships.
shiftyandquick
UT-D students are having a pro-Gaza protest on campus in 27 minutes. I didn't see anything in the material about it that said it was "pro-Hamas" like the usual red-meat MAGA guys here describe things.
TheCurl84
AG
SW AG80 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

torrid said:

Panama Red said:

Meat Judging

torrid
AG
BadMoonRisin said:

torrid said:

Panama Red said:

Maybe so, but I kind of figured football was implied.
Owlagdad
MAROON said:

aggiez03 said:

Somehow or the other in the 60s, being intelligent at Rice morphed into arrogance. More than likely by the liberals brought in to teach and students from other states and countries who thought they were above Texans. No longer does the valedictorian at Jessie's Creek get a chance to advance and do some good for Texas and Houston via Med school or engineering (those kids go to A&M or tu now). Rice has lost Houston as a result. Add to the mix was they started the DEI thing years ago and created worthless degrees. A worthless degree plus arrogance is a bad mix.
88Warrior
TheCurl84 said:

SW AG80 said:

BadMoonRisin said:

torrid said:

Panama Red said:

Meat Judging

You're mistaken…it was Chapter Conducting…
aggiepanic95
AG
akm91 said:

torrid said:

Panama Red said:

Per this site, we have won 13 SEC championships in various sports:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-football/what-sec-team-championships-sports

BadMoonRisin
AG
torrid said:

BadMoonRisin said:

torrid said:

Panama Red said:

Maybe so, but I kind of figured football was implied.
Well he might have. I believe Vandy is having a pro-terrorism support party and they've definitely won a baseball SEC championship + Natty.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
JWinTX said:

nortex97 said:

Well, it takes financial bankruptcy to defeat communism, which is the only reason the Soviet Union collapsed upon itself in 80 years. Of course, the social controls stifled ingenuity, creativity, freedom, and breathing, so that doesn't help the situation, either.

China has one major issue they will have to deal with, the lack of females born in their country for decades. They will be Japan 2.0 in about 50 years, with an aging population that isn't being rebuilt. Now, they could try to be the Soviets and take over other countries, but that was another way the Soviets got financially bankrupted, too. Maybe the Chinese take over all of Asia, except for India and Pakistan, but they seem pretty content with their current situation.
I wouldn't call threatening to invade Taiwan, the second largest Navy in the world, upgrading their nuclear arsenal, belt and road, attempting to copy all our high end military hardware and using loans to third world countries as economic sabotage to vital strategic assets as "content"

The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
jkag89
aggiepanic95 said:

akm91 said:

torrid said:

Panama Red said:

Per this site, we have won 13 SEC championships in various sports:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-football/what-sec-team-championships-sports

I'm pretty sure the site is counting Natty Titles won by each SEC school whether they were in the SEC or not when they won those titles. MSU has won close to 20 SEC in baseball alone baseball titles (regular season & tournament) and shows only one title for clanga on the page.

List of A&M Conference Titles (SWC, Big XII & SEC)
TexAgs91
AG
Panama Red said:

Not a single school with an SEC championship has a pro-Hamas encampment yet...
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
MouthBQ98
AG
Looks like you could part the human seas there just by walking through with a sign or placard that you are ill with CoVID.
IndividualFreedom
Does Rice have matching tents yet?
H2Ag
AG
agent-maroon said:

I wonder if these hamas support groups are the not so bright students that made their way into these (formerly) prestigious universities on some DEI criteria. They can't compete with the real students academically, so they imagine themselves to be elite in some other way, as in supporting terrorists, all the alphabet groups, social justice, etc. They're still idiots doing idiotic things, but they've convinced themselves that they are more important than the selfish entitled jerks that they really are.

But supporting terrorists has no place in civilized society whether you're on campus or in a homeless encampment.
Nookie. half have it, the other half wants it. Explains most human behavior but especially college students!
He Who Shall Be Unnamed
MAROON said:

aggiez03 said:

My son is on the waitlist for Rice, but odds are slim he gets in. He is a National Merit finalist with a perfect ACT (single score), but he is White and he is conservative (and his resume shows it). Not exactly what Rice is looking for. It looked exactly like the same joyless place I remember it being back in the day when we toured it. The library was hopping. The rest of the campus - not so much.
agent-maroon
AG
H2Ag said:

Nookie. half have it, the other half wants it. Explains most human behavior put especially college students!

Wat?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TXAG 05
AG
Haven't seen anything in the news yet, have the Rice Owls actually started a protest or was it all talk?
Phil*D-1*77
We could just shoot the *******s.
PhilB*D-1-'77
FCBlitz
Closest thing to an encampment was the anti apartheid shanty back in the 80's. I remember helping early one morning to make it disappear. It disappeared a few times.
deddog
AG
He Who Shall Be Unnamed said:

MAROON said:

aggiez03 said:

My son is on the waitlist for Rice, but odds are slim he gets in. He is a National Merit finalist with a perfect ACT (single score), but he is White and he is conservative (and his resume shows it). Not exactly what Rice is looking for. It looked exactly like the same joyless place I remember it being back in the day when we toured it. The library was hopping. The rest of the campus - not so much.
Of all the schools we visited, Rice was the biggest disappointment. Not as arrogant as tu. But close.
Like tu, they didn't even try. It was like applying to a magnet high school. Very underwhelming.
They were clearly going out of their way to attract minorities.

The only thing cool about it was the number of student athletes (10%?) which i thought was impressive.
FWIW, SMU was the most impressive of the schools for engineering - but way out of our budget. Aggie Engineering was impressive too.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.