****Track and Field 2023-2024****

65,247 Views | 466 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by box65
DoitBest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
bebhillah said:

Sub 7:10 looks very possible with that lineup. Hope the weather is decent.

Just checked the forecast, looks cool but dry, much better than last year....
brodhead75
Congratulations to Kennedy Fontenot for breaking the school record in the steeplechase at Penn Relays. Kennedy finished fifth overall but broke Julia Blacks school record!

blommy
Definitely some concerns, healthwise or other, for our teams heading into SEC's and regionals. McCray I don't believe has run in weeks, not sure what's going on with our hurdler Scott and Carter didn't clear a height in Lubbock last night. Also Nissi seems to be a question mark in the high jump and 400 hurdles for the women. There are still some positive elite performances happening week to week but to compete for a natty, we've got to have everybody healthy and competing at a high level in May and June. It just seems like many of our top performances were early in the season. Anybody closer to the team have any insights?
brodhead75
follow texas a&m track and field and cross country on X. Bryce McCray won the 400 intermediate hurdles in 50.32 and kirk collins was second at the TT invitational.
blommy
That is good news! Thanks for the update. I was thinking all of our runners were at the Penn Relays this weekend.
box65
AG
Has ANYONE seen any kind of an update on Assinga? Almost afraid to ask......
brodhead75
i was told he was going to have a hearing, this week. and if cleared they would find a meet for him to run this weekend prior to SEC. Haven't heard anything as of today but still hoping he gets a favorable ruling.
taylorswift13_
box65
AG
brodhead75 said:

i was told he was going to have a hearing, this week. and if cleared they would find a meet for him to run this weekend prior to SEC. Haven't heard anything as of today but still hoping he gets a favorable ruling.
Thanks.That would be great ! I imagine they already have a meet lined up. If you hear something, I trust you will let all of us know. that information is hard to come by!
box65
AG
Broadhead, any news on Assinga?
brodhead75
unfortunately no news.
box65
AG
brodhead75 said:

unfortunately no news.
TOO BAD. Guess they decided they are going to punish him anyway by not giving him enough time

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.