****Track and Field 2023-2024****

70,087 Views | 495 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by brodhead75
taylorswift13_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No but you have to think it could be soon because he had not once spoken about Asinga all season till then
shady
AG
Henry is the one that said it had drug out longer than expected so from that it could be any day or could drag out the rest of the season.

Hopefully soon as we are running out of meets before SECs.
TRM
AG
Hope we have Ajee WIlson's attorney on the job and not Shelby Houlihan's.
taylorswift13_
https://instagr.am/p/C5YwTO0AX45 Recruiting news but looks like we added a strong transfer! I'm assuming for next year but she has a PR of 22.09 in the 200 and 51.21 in the 400! Latasha Smith! She's been UCF's anchor for a while but is currently injured I believe! This is a great addition! 400 runners always transfer and thrive here!
fitzwatema
AG
Great news!
taylorswift13_
Men's and Women's team both ranked first
DoitBest
aggie67,74&76
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Great job by Coach Henry to have both teams ranked Number 1.
Aggie02
AG
I just saw that the womens 800M at the Prefontaine Classic will include Moraa, Keely Hodgkinson, and Athing Mu.

Should be a good Olympic preview. Race is scheduled for May 25.
wangus12
AG
Interested to see Mu run again. I don't think she's done any competitions since placing 3rd in the World Championships last year.
DoitBest
S

Aggie02
AG
wangus12 said:

Interested to see Mu run again. I don't think she's done any competitions since placing 3rd in the World Championships last year.
I think she went on to race at the Diamond League Final where she placed 1st. She beat the other two girls from the World Championships. It was a very different event and she ran it much different than the World Championships.
wangus12
AG
You're right. It wasn't showing those results in the World Athletics page
Verne Lundquist
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

you think we can carry it through win team Championships?
shady
AG
IMO...

The Arkansas women will win.

Men...we would need Asinga to get cleared to run and get points in the sprints for us to win.
DoitBest
S
Thought I would share the news...

Pahdz
Pro track news

Starting in 2025 the Diamond League will be exclusively streaming on FloTrack...which carries an absurd $30/mo fee.

Way to work to grow the sport. Check out the commentary, athletes are universally pissed.
TRM
AG
On page 4, https://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=12331738

Quote:

His lawyers got him off, they were able to prove an Informed Sport supplement which was certified by all the usual/proper methods and reported on his intake was tainted, the suspension will be revoked and he'll be back with immediate effect. To be announced by AIU on Friday likely.
taylorswift13_
shady
AG
TRM said:

On page 4, https://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=12331738

Quote:

His lawyers got him off, they were able to prove an Informed Sport supplement which was certified by all the usual/proper methods and reported on his intake was tainted, the suspension will be revoked and he'll be back with immediate effect. To be announced by AIU on Friday likely.

This is huge if true...only 2 meets left before SECs.

And there were some salty people hoping for the worst for Asinga on that thread.
DoitBest
S

dlbarnes76
AG
Yep. I've never been to that site before, but there are a number of folks there certain Assinga is one guilty and bad man who deserves all the punishment he could get! Personally not sure of all the facts, but if he's not guilty, would love to see him compete.
box65
AG
TRM, I probably shouldn't even be asking this and could be safe to assume that you will address it because you and Taylor are absolutely great at keeping us all very well informed, but as soon as you find a formal announcement about The removal of Assinga's suspension would you please let us all know? I have been a big AggieT & F fan all my life and I am really hyped about what his addition can do for us!
brodhead75
I have been hoping to see this guy run in maroon and white all year! The staff has been saying it could be any day but every passing day that goes by seems less likely. Hopefully the poster has knowledge of the situation and is not just getting our hopes up. Having Asinga is a game changer! Waiting on pins and needles for positive news!
Z3phyr
Lol stay off that site, makes reddit look positive and F16 look like its full of rational people
AG75FYL
No Asinga on start list.
shady
AG
AG75FYL said:

No Asinga on start list.
trackaggie76
AG
where are the heat sheets?
DoitBest
S
https://flashresults.com/2024_Meets/Outdoor/04-20_AlumniMuster/index.htm
trackaggie76
AG
Thanks !
taylorswift13_
Our men are set to run the 4x800 at the Penn Relays!

Caden Norris - Cooper Cawthra - Kimar Farquharson - Sam Whitmarsh

OH MY
bebhillah
Sub 7:10 looks very possible with that lineup. Hope the weather is decent.
DoitBest
S
Definitely looking forward to the 4x800 on Saturday, but did you see what's scheduled for the DMR Friday....
Cooper, Demarco, Sam, Ondrej....
DoitBest
S
SMR looking good as well...

taylorswift13_
That DMR should be really fun too!!! Georgetown, Villanova, and Oregon will make it fast! Hopefully we break some relay records this weekend!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.