***** 2024 NASCAR Cup Series *****

11,371 Views | 228 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by PJYoung
Verne Lundquist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Between this and the Derby two amazing finishes.
horse racing is Amish nascar

/Stolen joke
Gap
AG
Wow. 0.001 seconds.

Fantastic.

Controversy to come as that finish line paint job doesn't look perfectly even.
scd88
AG
Wow!!!!!!!

Awesome finish.

ETA - Harvick made a great call regarding Larson right before Larson made his move.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Gap said:

Wow. 0.001 seconds.

Fantastic.

Controversy to come as that finish line paint job doesn't look perfectly even.

Bunk Moreland
Pahdz
For all the suck this car is on short tracks and super speedways it's revitalized 1.5 mile circuits.

spadilly
S
scd88
AG
I feel terrible for Buescher. I hope he can pull one of these upcoming races out for a win.
TRM
AG
scd88
AG
That's great.
Artorias
AG
Nascar noob here. Saw the video of the finish. Why is it ok that Larson came down and bumped Buescher before the finish line? Seems like that would have made the difference? Apparently it is legal?
Bunk Moreland
Artorias said:

Nascar noob here. Saw the video of the finish. Why is it ok that Larson came down and bumped Buescher before the finish line? Seems like that would have made the difference? Apparently it is legal?

Bumping is allowed in NASCAR. They were driving into each other going into turn 4 and all the way down the front stretch. The intention isn't specifically to bump the other driver, but they're both trying as hard as they can to be first to the line. And there are lines around the track that are faster than others. It's natural cars are going to come into contact in those situations.

This one was especially fantastic because they raced each other so well that they didn't take each other out. Too often you'll see the front 2 cars just wipe each other out because they cross the line from aggressive to reckless. Or sometimes it's just bad luck on when contact happens and the air will turn the car real fast.

As they say...rubbin' is racin'
spadilly
S
Also, getting right up against someone is a way to side draft them, which essentially puts more air from your car onto their spoiler and slows them down. Combine that with finishing the lines they wanted as mentioned above and there it is!
aggiephoenix02
My man Larson pulls out another one…
PJYoung
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

My man Larson pulls out another one…
Loved his reaction after.
Bunk Moreland
I'm pumped to see him try the double later this month. Larson is one of the best racers in the world in any car right now.
spadilly
S
scd88
AG
Larson is just a good dude.
PJYoung
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.