***** 2024 SEC Indoor Track & Field Championship *****

5,870 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by DoitBest
Guest Commenter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like both men's and women's program have an opportunity to finish 3rd in team scoring going into the 4x400 barring something crazy happening. That would be a remarkable finish in this beginning NIL era. This is reflective of a great team effort. Let's see how it pans out.
cheese85
This turn around from last year made me think back to Coach Henry's quote in the Athletic Communications release after the SEC meet from last year...

https://12thman.com/news/2023/2/26/track-and-field-aggies-sweep-high-jump-in-final-day-of-sec-championships

"...we are Texas A&M and we will bounce back. This program has been strong for a long time, and we will be strong."

Quite the bounce back! Gig 'em Aggies!
taylorswift13_
Madison Brown and Kennady Fontenot run extremely well 3000's, 9:38 and 9:41!!!! 5th and 8th in the first heat!
AG75FYL
Schwartzman was the slow leg for Florida and he didn't beat any of our splits. I guess the transfer portal doesn't make you any faster.
taylorswift13_
Men's 4x400 places 2nd and women place 3rd! 3:03.62 and 3:28.77! Great solid splits throughout!
taylorswift13_
Team wise the men finish 3rd and the women finish 4th! A great showing after a rough couple of years at this meet!! Tomorrow we know more or less who has a top 16 mark to advance to nationals
taylorswift13_
Where's Triniaggie
blommy
Good showing and that was without our two best 400m runners Robinson and Arnold scoring in their event. Also John Baker our long jumper was a DNS and he most likely would have scored as well.
Guest Commenter
Ntnl ath.........rank...optimism
400 Robinson...#13...1-6pts
800 Whitmarsh..#16 1-10pts
60H Schulman...#4 1-10pts
.........Jaqualon...#5..1-10pts
4x400.................#7..1-10pts
HJ Ushan...........#13.1-10pts
-----------------------------
"6bullets" as Pat would say; not alot but potent.
Robinson-slow heat/good lane/no traffic/bumps=45-mid/low
Ushan...gets amped: 7'3" or 7'4"
Whitmarsh-Pat mentioned last wk he cld go faster. 1:45.high-ish?
I don't foresee Robinson nor Ushan medaling though talented to do so.
I do see the potential kill-shot from other bullets, though:
4+6+6+5+6+3=30pts Optimistic
6+8+8+6+4+4=36pts Herculean
2+3+4+5+5+0=19pts Realistic
6+8+10+8+8+6=46pts Utopian
**projections??**
ksmith3764
Probably been said before and I have heard Henry talk about Arkansas advantage. Thought each team could bring only so many athletes. Looking at Arkansas list it seems they had a lot more people competing and How are they taking athletes from
Us, LSU and so many other schools with scholarship limits?
taylorswift13_
Not exactly sure but I know they offer in state tuition to out of state athletes… but it is kind of absurd watching them just buy their championship teams, it is unbelievable how they can just have so many elite people in nearly every event! Sprints, jumps, throws, distance, multis all of it!
OKCAGS
Their TOPS program allows basically free tuition to any athlete that lives in a state that touches Arkansas . They use it to their advantage in baseball and track and field better than just about anyone in the country . Add in their new NIL program with Tyson and Wal Mart and you get a track program that has more very good athletes than any other program ( their depth is unmatched ).
AG75FYL
I have no idea about this but I have always wondered about Arkansas and also as of late Florida. It was rumored that Florida has some big donor funding their NIL. For Arky they have always had more than anyone for a long time. Tuition is one thing but that only goes so far. They have a stadium named Tyson so does that family fund their track program. Hell the Sam Walton family is from Arkansas. Maybe they even get some of their money. Like I said, I don't know anything, just speculating.
AG75FYL
Your post came in while I was typing. I think my speculation was close.
TRM
AG
After a year, you can declare residency in Arkansas, so someone like South African Dom Scott would get that tuition benefit.
LB12Diamond
AG
Kind of makes all their SEC championships hollow.
DoitBest
DoitBest
S
Want to star that again..
mullokmotx
AG
Watching the highlights it didn't seem like the crowd was very big.
mullokag
DoitBest
S
You should've seen the traffic leaving the parking lot, I have no doubt we will be more organized here next year...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.