*** UIL Track and Field State Championships ***

3,685 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by bebhillah
taylorswift13_
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Back in Austin for another State Track and Field Meet next week starting Thursday! The Aggies will have a trio of distance stars competing in the 6A level and a hurdler in the 3A division! We do have a 2025 football/track commit in the 5A discus, and another football signee in the 2A division who I'm not sure will be doing track but has the speed to do so! The Aggies signed a very small in state class this past year so not as many athletes competing at the state meet! They signed many international athletes and out of state ones! They also have 2 of the top private school athletes signed in Jesse Imemba a 7'0.75 high jumper and Nico Signorelli, a 16'6 pole vaulter!

San Juanita Leal: 6A - 800, 1600, 3200
Staucie Lees: 6A - 1600, 3200
Madison Peters: 6A - 3200
Mackenzie Collins: 6A - 300 Hurdles, 4x400

Marcus Garcia: 5A - Discus

Yierra Flemings: 3A - 100 hurdles, 400, Long Jump, Triple Jump

Ernest Campbell: 2A - 100, 4x100, 4x200

Qualifiers and Lane Assignments: https://www.uiltexas.org/track-field/state/track-field-state-meet-qualifiers-results
taylorswift13_
Thursday: 3A and 4a
Friday: 2A and 5A and Wheelchair
Saturday: 1A and 6A
taylorswift13_
Besides our Aggies, there will be plenty of good races all throughout the state meet! The 6A 4x100 is set to be one of the greatest races ever with national record holder Humble Atascocita and Duncanville and North Shore all going at it! The 6A 800 will be fun as Oklahoma State signee Kailey Littlefield is going for 4 straight but will have to hold off Aggie San Juanita Leal the reigning 1600/3200 champ and others! Elizabeth Leachman of Boerne Champion only a sophomore will go for the distance 3 peat as well and is the overwhelming favorite in the 1600/3200!! The 800 race there will be extremely fun! The 6A women's 400 will feature Faith Franklin of Harlingen who looks to break 53 seconds! The girls long jump and triple in 6A is set to be insane with most girls going over 40 in triple and at least 4 or 5 going over 20 in the long! Taytum Goodman in the 1A level has never once lost a state title throughout xc or any race she's entered in Austin! So look for her to cap off her historic senior year! The 5A men's discus is set to be insane as all 9 have Pr's over 175! Jelani Watkins of Atascocita is set to go off in the 200 and get close to 20 seconds! Going to be a fun meet!
taylorswift13_
What events are you all excited to see
taylorswift13_
This year as a throws coach I have 3 athletes competing, one in 4A, 5A, and 6A! Last year was just absolutely phenomenal as one of mine won the 5A Girl's Shot Put with a 48'8.75! They told me I got lucky having her take me to state every year so I said watch this and decided to come back and this time with more it'll be a fun weekend!
ksmith3764
6a men's 400 meter. Bello is a senior. Don't know if he has signed with any. Sanders already signed with Houston. Top guy is a junior from one of the Katy schools. Be nice to get him next year. I think he is in a couple different events
taylorswift13_
He's a monster, I wish we could get him also!! The Region 3 runners and schools have been running crazy times!
JimPat33
AG
Bello is unsigned 46.04 and not recruited by ATM at all. May go to Arizona St. who has a great recruiting presence in Texas unfortunately.
taylorswift13_
To much talent leaving Texas… Georgia has came in recently and took many hurdlers, jumpers, and sprinters
LB12Diamond
AG
Looking forward to watching my cousins daughter finish off her state track career. Aiming to get over 8 gold medals and set more time records.
taylorswift13_
Woah, best of luck to her!
taylorswift13_
Lots of rain over here in the Austin area
taylorswift13_
Yierra Flemings put on a show in the field events! She earned two silver medals jumping 18'2.5 in the long jump and a 39'9.75 in the triple jump! It was pretty ugly conditions out here today! She was wearing her A&M hoodie! I threw her a Gig'em and congratulations and she yelled Gig'em loudly! She has the 400 and 100 hurdles coming up!
taylorswift13_
My athlete got 2nd in the discus and 5th in the shot put! It was her first time ever at this meet and she did amazing! I am so proud!! Got a guy throwing discus tomorrow as well!
taylorswift13_
Yierra Flemings adds a state gold to her collection as she wins the 100 hurdles with an impressive 13.98
taylorswift13_
Just edged out Florida signee at the finish
taylorswift13_
And she won the 400 in 54.48
taylorswift13_
WHAT A DAY FOR YIERRA FLEMINGS!

36 points for her and her school
bebhillah
A ninth grader ran a 1:49.8 in the 5A 800m today - amazing. Hope A&M is putting together a nice NIL package.
bebhillah
And he did that with negative splits!
AGDAD14
How about those Refugio Bobcats! Boys and Girls state champions again! I believe that brings the total team titles to 22. Starting back in 1981.

Congrats to Goliad girls and Hallettsville and Yoakum!
taylorswift13_
Refugio boys sweeping the relays is insane! They deserve more recognition as a state powerhouse!
taylorswift13_
Aggie football signee Ernest Campbell won three golds running a 10.49 in the 100 and anchoring Refugio's 4x100 and 4x200!
taylorswift13_
Aggie football and track commit Marcus Garcia placed 6th in the discus throwing 175'7 just passing my guy on the last throw!!
taylorswift13_
SAN JUANITA LEAL WINS THE 3200 WITH A HIGE PB OF 10:02 in the 3200
taylorswift13_
Madison Peters and Staucie Lees place 4th and 6th with 10:23 and 10:37!!!! Go future Aggies!!!
shady
AG
Have you heard of any schedule changes for the running events tonight due to weather?
taylorswift13_
I heard that they were having discussions about moving it up but nothing official yet! Running still set to start at 5
Guest Commenter
Wow - please verify if that is or is not a state record and where she stands nationally on the performance lists if you can.
JimPat33
AG
Top 5-7 in country, 2nd in state. One of best, if not the best women's distance recruit in ATM history. Has run significantly faster since signing! BIG, BIG pick up for Aggies!
taylorswift13_
Big fan of SJ Leal! A few years ago I joked with her coach about sending her to A&M and he said wouldn't bet on it!!! Well lol
taylorswift13_
She's running the 800 later on and that should be a crazy fun race! I'm hoping for a sub 4:45 in the mile
taylorswift13_
I tried telling you all that we signed the best Aggie distance class ever!!! We should make nationals in xc every year for the foreseeable future!
Guest Commenter
Thanks. Athletic.net updated their national rankings since that race and it shows San Juanita Leal @
4th nationally. A&M is evolving year by year with this year being gargantuous recruiting!
shady
AG
Atascocita wins the 6A 4x1 in 39.13.

That's faster than A&M has run all season...unacceptable for us to be that bad assinga or not.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.