Why do some girls like guys that are much older then themselves

2,601 Views | 161 Replies | Last: 18 yr ago by WC87
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where are these younger women who like older men that you speak of?
KT_Ag08
AG
You are married, you don't count. FTA:

Jill
AG
It caught the ghey b/c it didn't turn into drivel like most other threads do? mmmkay.......
KT_Ag08
AG
Man '09. Everyone hates you...
Ervin Burrell
AG
Once again, that picture is the gayest damn thing I have ever seen...
PatriotAg02
AG
**** off.
AlphaBean
AG
Once you get married your opinion on maturity doesn't count? Ok.

And for the record, everybody hates you too Katie.
PhiAggie
AG
Bug, I wouldnt say that. Its a very broad generalization to say that for the most part sex is the most important thing for a 25 year old.
Ervin Burrell
AG
Genius! We'll call him Katie for now on...
AlphaBean
AG
You're not helping Dallas' case 09. You just now saw KT as Katie?
rhoswen
AG
thats why I said "for the most part."

My bf is 26, for the record.
Dre_00
Man, someone's a little defensive.
Ervin Burrell
AG
I think it is because he's from Katy, TX...
KT_Ag08
AG
What ever happened to the love/hate relationship FTA?
65532ag
the answer is very simple.
AlphaBean
AG
Yeah, I've known that for quite a while. But you're just now getting the genius idea to call him Katie.
PhiAggie
AG
Thanks for informing us of that bug. So you are actually going against the grain and dating someone a little younger than you. Are you both on the same maturity level?

I still think its a stretch to say its the most important thing for guys my age.
AlphaBean
AG
Oh it's alive and well Katie. See right now I'm hating you.
Cru
S
I really thought I would stay out of this thread, I have nothing to say, but you've started talking about maturity and other things I can actually give my opinion on.

While I do agree that girls mature more quickly then guys do, that doesn't mean it is always the case for every male.

Bugchick, the thing that caught my eye is that you are saying that sex is THAT important to you, then you played it off on a 25 yr old male. You are the one who said you chose older men because of their skills in the bedroom (or wherever else). You really didn't mention other reasons which I took to mean that sex is THE most important thing to you.

I do agree that sex is very very important, man, I know that. It isn't the end all be all. Many many more things are involved in a relationship that ARE more important than sex, in my opinion atleast.

I do think most college guys are in it for sex, so at what age does that really stop? A girl's sex drive typically heats up at age 27-35 from what I've read. A guy's sex drive is strongest from ages 21 - 29, again, typically.

For the most part, you are crazy if you think that a fr/so college guy is as mature as any college age girl. jr, possibly, sr, maybe, but girls are almost always more mature than a male peer of their own age. Not always, but usually.

People's experiences in life usually cause people to grow up. Girls dream of starting a family, which in turn urges them on to becoming more mature. I can't really say what exactly causes a guy to mature, it just happens at one point.

Me, well, those that know me say I am a kid at heart, but those same people know that I am typically very mature in my decisions/advice, and so forth. There is a time for everything I believe. BTW, I am 27 and still have a ton to learn. Wisdom is passed down from other people and by gaining experience, whether good or bad in this world.

If I had to give my opinion on why girls chose older guys, well, simple....security.

[This message has been edited by GigemCru (edited 1/9/2006 1:39a).]
KT_Ag08
AG
We can never love each other at the same time... Weird how that works out...
Ervin Burrell
AG
quote:
So you are actually going against the grain and dating someone a little younger than you. Are you both on the same maturity level?

I still think its a stretch to say its the most important thing for guys my age.

THIS is why the thread has caught the ghey...
PatriotAg02
AG
I'll second Phi. Sex is not the most important thing to me right now (although it is important). Not everyone is the same.
KT_Ag08
AG
Cru, you are like a miniature Buddha.
rhoswen
AG
you don't date guys your age, we do.

And I wouldn't consider it going against the grain, necessarily. My previous bf was 3 years younger and that was a disaster (not so much because of his age, more because he was a spoiled brat) but other than that, i've only dated guys older than me up to 4 years older, except for one who was in his mid-30s.

I find older men attractive, that's all.
Cru
S
I am a fatty, thank you!
AlphaBean
AG
Can I rub your belly?
rhoswen
AG
I"m not saying sex is the most important thing. I mentioned it first because i thought this was a lighthearted conversation.

Apparently it's not.
KT_Ag08
AG
I meant you were wise but hey, if you want someone to rub your tummy then I doubt '09 would say no.
Jill
AG
I can't really explain it, but I've never liked anyone younger than me (at least not grade wise). I'm just not attracted to younger guys, just like I'm not attracted to guys who are shorter than I am. I think for me the key issue is the maturity level.

Although what do I really know.... Not much experience.
Dre_00
Cru = Baxter
PhiAggie
AG
quote:
People's experiences in life usually cause people to grow up. Girls dream of starting a family, which in turn urges them on to becoming more mature. I can't really say what exactly causes a guy to mature, it just happens at one point.

Absolutely! Thats the bottom line. Life experience influence us to mature and grow up whether its a terminal illness, death in the family, divorce, educational goals, or career situation. Some have more than others at different ages. I think its safe to say that a 25 year old has the experience to influence them in maturity. Im 25 and I dream about starting a family. It isnt just the women.
Cru
S
Get in my belly!!
Ervin Burrell
AG
Yes, because I'm from Dallas I must be a flaming homo...
PatriotAg02
AG
And PhiAg is the winner. Couldn't have said it better myself.
KT_Ag08
AG
Dammit, I am short, young, and immature. I don't have a freakin' shot with '07.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.