*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,309,412 Views | 27056 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Capitol Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Andyzipp said:

Capitol Ag said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Says she's walking out of Master Mold, which is interesting since X-Men '97 is also deadling with that plot right now.

IO9 says it can see Azazel from First Class and Lady Deathstrike from X2 in this shot.

I am pretty sure this isn't Master Mold. It is the skull of Giant Man/Scott Lang, or another Ant-Man/Giant Man variant.
It's Giant Man's entire skeleton/suit. Otherwise known as Pym Falls.
A lot of speculation that Scott will be in this, especially since the DP calls Wolverine "Peanut" at the beginning of the trailer, just like Lang calls his daughter. Maybe not, but possible...
TCTTS
AG
cav14 said:

TCTTS said:

Wasn't this already speculated last year when Ryan Reynolds, Hugh Jackman, and the director of DP3 were all hanging out within Taylor Swift's luxury booth during a Chiefs game?

Yes, the rumor has been around for months now. It's not that it's just now being speculated, it's that it's adding more fuel to the fire.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ugh. Please keep her the hell away from movies.
TCTTS
AG
It feels like she's all but confirmed at this point. That said, I'd be shocked if she's in it for more than five minutes, tops.
TCTTS
AG
jokershady
AG
cool thing to notice but my guess is this is more due to it being a "type of coreography" rather than a nod to that spiderman movie....
jokershady
AG
woah......they ended up losing some money on that deal.....

turns out the budget for antman 3 was way higher than the 200 million that was mentioned over a year ago....looks like it was more like 326.6 million......and that's just pre and post production doesnt include marketing at all....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolinereid/2024/04/19/ant-man-and-the-wasp-quantumania-set-to-blow-its-budget-as-costs-surge-to-nearly-330-million/?sh=16a8a1d06864
TCTTS
AG
So many easter eggs in this thing, without getting into much plot speculation...

jokershady
AG
Your PSA for the day.

Just remember folks…before he was Captain America, he was Jake Wyler….

And if Jake Wyler was able to become Captain America after this, then dangit there's hope for all of us!

That's America's Banana!

Also just to be cautious….NSFW

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Yes, in the words of Three Days Grace, it's not too late, it's never too late.
fightinags2013
AG
"I wouldn't wanna fight me neither"
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg
his nose is yuuuge. should call him the anteater instead of the wolverine.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I pray to baby Jesus that Blade shows up in D&W and kills Morbius.

Audience goes absolutely wild.
The Porkchop Express
C@LAg said:

his nose is yuuuge. should call him the anteater instead of the wolverine.

He has had several skin cancer surgeries on his nose in the past decade, with doctors having to reshape it accordingly.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

I was going to comment that it looks like they are trying to make him look old. And then I realize the dude is 55.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
YouBet said:

TCTTS said:

I was going to comment that it looks like they are trying to make him look old. And then I realize the dude is 55.
So what are you trying to say here? I'm a bit older than HJ, but news to me that I'm old.
#FJB
C@LAg
TCTTS
AG
This was the first thing I thought during that two-second clip from the trailer of her waving her hands and manipulating Wolverine...

TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express
Marvel films should take a lesson from Marvel animation and try to make something as cool as this.

WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
jokershady
AG
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

I don't know why they can't just acknowledge that. Such an absurd thing to blame it on viewing habits.
CowtownAg06
AG
Because to continued revenue from the MCU is baked into to Disney's stock price and they can't say that they don't know what they are doing.
BenFiasco14
AG
Occam's razor says that if you make good tv shows and movies, people will watch …
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
jackie childs
Casting thoughts for Occam?

Krasinksi? Cavill? Taylor Swift?
The Porkchop Express
They should have just started telling small cool stories without trying to connect them all. Infinity War is a one in a cosmos event. Nothing else will ever match it.
Gigem314
AG
YouBet said:

TCTTS said:

I don't know why they can't just acknowledge that. Such an absurd thing to blame it on viewing habits.
It feels like their egos have gotten too big because of the original MCU and they've gone full 'Disney' in thinking that whatever they decide to put out is going to be great and groundbreaking.

Just look at the next Captain America film, they're already trying to market it as the next Winter Soldier, and I think that's only going to make it seem disappointing to viewers - even if it turns out to be a solid film.

The characters and storylines simply haven't been very good. Some have, but none of it stacks up to the original MCU films.

It's become Star Wars in a lot of ways. Riding the success of the original characters but trying to market it as being as good as the original.
The Porkchop Express
Gigem314 said:

YouBet said:

TCTTS said:

It feels like their egos have gotten too big because of the original MCU and they've gone full 'Disney' in thinking that whatever they decide to put out is going to be great and groundbreaking.

Just look at the next Captain America film, they're already trying to market it as the next Winter Soldier, and I think that's only going to make it seem disappointing to viewers - even if it turns out to be a solid film.

The characters and storylines simply haven't been very good. Some have, but none of it stacks up to the original MCU films.

It's become Star Wars in a lot of ways. Riding the success of the original characters but trying to market it as being as good as the original.
I will maintain that the biggest problem post Endgame is Chadwick Boseman dying tragically young. If that doesn't happen, you have a future Avengers film led by him, Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Holland, possibly Hemsworth, possibly Ruffalo, and Cap 2.0 is still more of a peripherial player. I think Anthony Mackie is a ton of fun, but there's nothing in his story that makes me think people flock to the theaters to see that movie. I liked F&WS more than most people, but I will admit a lot of my reason for that is Emily Van Camp

maroon barchetta
She seems smart.
YouBet
AG
CowtownAg06 said:

Because to continued revenue from the MCU is baked into to Disney's stock price and they can't say that they don't know what they are doing.

I get that but it's insulting to everyone's intelligence. Everyone knows what happened here. If they would just admit it gracefully the vast majority of people would forgive them and just move on and any stock hit would be temporary.

Rip the bandaid off. They are going to end up hiring McKinsey to produce a PowerPoint that tells them exactly what I posted here before they will change their tune.
rhutton125
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

They should have just started telling small cool stories without trying to connect them all. Infinity War is a one in a cosmos event. Nothing else will ever match it.

Isn't that kind of what they did? Shang-chi and Moon Knight have virtually no connections to anything else. I guess they all kinda set up a thing (White Vision, or John Walker getting a new suit, or She-Hulk teasing Skaar) but it's not been very tied-in at all lately, IMO.
TCTTS
AG
Every last rumored cameo and character so far in Deadpool & Wolverine. Because the vast majority of these aren't even remotely confirmed, I'm not going to treat as full on spoilers. But just in case, I'll put the tweet lower down in the post so there's a bit of a warning to scroll past. That said, what's visible in the tweet hardly scratches the surface. Click on it to see the entire list, which is pretty insane...

*** POTENTIAL SPOILERS BELOW ***

Tweet Link
The Porkchop Express
Prepare to get the flame thrower for not using spoiler tags, TC
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why not just post the link and not embed the tweet?

If you open threads on the last post there's no way to avoid seeing it, which I did immediately.
First Page Last Page
Page 766 of 774

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.