Just imagine when an EMP takes out our grid?

34,543 Views | 342 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TA-OP said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

The fact that you approach this from a conservative v. progressive view point is disturbing. Evil will become more evil and modern day politics will have no bearing on that. Was Stalin a Conservative? Hitler? Pol Pot?
Why? Why would that be disturbing to you?
Maybe because the poster talked about taking as many progressives out with him under a scenario where one's politics mean dookie…
Not how I took that post. Just simple reality not a targeting situation. Progressives don't have stores of water and MREs like preppers do. Progressives have done that to themselves.

I don't live in Florida but I have experienced a few power outages from storma, tornados, freakin' cattly rooting up lines to be out of touch for multiple days on end. Secure the perimeter and hunker down.

Of course, I'm in a rural area now and are neighbors are bad azz former LEO's.

WE COORDINATE. Like with hand signals.
TA-OP
aggiehawg said:

Not how I took that post. Just simple reality not a targeting situation.
The poster stated conservatives should take advantage of the situation to make sure progressive degeneracy doesn't make it to the other side. How is that not a targeting situation?
WT FOX
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

WT FOX said:

I agree that the world as we know it is over. But I can't help but wonder how many progressives I can ring up before someone finally gets me.

Conservatives should absolutely take advantage of the chaos and make sure the degeneracy rampant in our society todays does not make it out the other side.

The fact that you approach this from a conservative v. progressive view point is disturbing. Evil will become more evil and modern day politics will have no bearing on that. Was Stalin a Conservative? Hitler? Pol Pot?

In an extended grid down scenario over 90% in the US will perish. The surviving 10% will be largely rural conservatives. Why would they not take that opportunity to hit the reset button back to 1770s America?

And this time do not make the same mistakes like universal suffrage and birthright citizenship.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Why? Why would that be disturbing to you?
It means that he has a twisted view of the current world as well. Caricatures are rarely ever correct and that goes for caricatures of conservatives as well. People who believe in them would have fallen for the racist propaganda of the World Wars.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
aggiehawg
AG
TA-OP said:

aggiehawg said:

Not how I took that post. Just simple reality not a targeting situation.
The poster stated conservatives should take advantage of the situation to make sure progressive degeneracy doesn't make it to the other side. How is that not a targeting situation?
Exactly who is theateniing who?
e=mc2
AG
WT FOX said:

I agree that the world as we know it is over. But I can't help but wonder how many progressives I can ring up before someone finally gets me.

Conservatives should absolutely take advantage of the chaos and make sure the degeneracy rampant in our society todays does not make it out the other side.

The libs are mainly in large cities full of criminals. They won't last a week. Full on carnage and libs don't prepare for things like this and I'd say the vast majority don't own a gun.
Pumpkinhead
AG
This is really just another 'Civil War' thread but I appreciate the new twist.

In the book One Second After playing out a terrorist EMP blast it was obviously better to live in a rural community than a big city. That has been the main theme of any post-apocalyptic or disaster story. More people around always means a worse situation from Walking Dead to 2012 to whatever. Duh!

In the One Second After, what the rural folks had to eventually worry about were the renegade military units. See the soldiers get hungry too and even if the rural folk have all their nice farms and cows and chickens out in the country-side well eventually here comes a bunch of ex-soldiers with some EMP hardened military hardware living off the land and the poor towns folk have a real fight on their hands.
LMCane
Pumpkinhead said:

In the book One Second After playing out a terrorist EMP blast it was obviously better to live in a rural community than a big city. That has been the main theme of any post-apocalyptic or disaster story. More people around always means a worse situation from Walking Dead to 2012 to whatever. Duh!

In the One Second After, what the rural folks had to eventually worry about were the renegade military units. See the soldiers get hungry too and even if the rural folk have all their nice farms and cows and chickens out in the country-side well eventually here comes a bunch of ex-soldiers with some EMP hardened military hardware living off the land and the poor towns folk have a real fight on their hands.

first book was excellent

second was not as good

I'm thinking it's best to live near the coastline of the Atlantic to be able to get to ships heading to Europe- food and supplies will be coming in to the east coast ports

the midwest is going to be @#$#
El Gallo Blanco
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

FrioAg 00 said:

Of all the SHTF scenarios, I find this one the most likely or plausible in my lifetime.

Could you survive without an electricity grid? Does that answer change with a few investments?

The only way for me and my fam to survive an EMP is if I become a cold blooded killer AND we get very very lucky. I don't like that at all. I have family with lots of land in deep east Texas (endless water supply, more animals than you could ever shoot, small farm etc), but in an EMP or long term grid outage scenario, I would probably have to kill to make it up there in once piece…assuming my truck even ran at all.

I would much rather a nuke or meteor just take us all out than to try to endure a desperate every man for himself scenario where all of a sudden millions of people within a 20 mile radius are all trying to survive.

If an EMP does this to the U.S., the world is done.
Yep, done as we know it at least. I have my doubts that a "One Second After" type attack could actually be pulled off successfully, at least in the manner it was in the book. But the thought of every business/store/service effectively being shut down in an instant, only to be ransaked within hours, is pretty terrifying. The avg clueless American would realize within 1-2 days AT MOST that the government will not, and couldn't possibly, come to save them.

Any type of grid outage and my family understands that we are packing up and leaving the city IMMEDIATELY. Even a short term one could turn a major city on its head.
El Gallo Blanco
LMCane said:

Pumpkinhead said:

first book was excellent

second was not as good

I'm thinking it's best to live near the coastline of the Atlantic to be able to get to ships heading to Europe- food and supplies will be coming in to the east coast ports

the midwest is going to be @#$#
We always bemoan the existence of invasive hogs in Texas, and shoot them with smiles on our faces feeling we are doing a good deed with each one we slaughter. But in a SHTF scenario, these will be one of the main staples for anyone who has been fortunate enough to find themselves on some remote land...you will be thanking God every day for their "invasion". I am convinced you could survive off their meat, water, and very little else for years, in places where they are bountiful.

Atlantic might not be a bad idea, but give me super remote land with wild game and fresh water course all day every day over any other option.
tk for tu juan
Video on a EMP from a nuclear explosion in space, example from one in the early 60's

Quote:

The Starfish Prime electromagnetic pulse also made those effects known to the public by causing electrical damage in Hawaii, about 900 miles (1,450 km) away from the detonation point, knocking out about 300 streetlights, setting off numerous burglar alarms, and damaging a telephone company microwave link. The EMP damage to the microwave link shut down telephone calls from Kauai to the other Hawaiian islands.
ProgN
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13340087/Living-Nostradamus-predicts-three-days-darkness-caused-technology-blackout-2024-world-teeters-brink-electronic-warfare-amid-WWIII-fears.html
Quote:

A man who was dubbed the 'living Nostradamus' has claimed his forecasts are frequently misunderstood as he predicts the world will see technology blackouts this year due to the use of Electromagnetic Pulse technology.

Athos Salom, 36, who is a trained parapsychologist from Brazil, is often referred to as a psychic due to the accuracy of his insights and predictions, after previously foreseeing the coronavirus pandemic, Elon Musk buying Twitter and even Queen Elizabeth's death.

Speaking exclusively to FEMAIL he has now warned that advancements in warfare, such as Electromagnetic Pulse technology (EMP) could have devastating effects on the world.
techno-ag
AG
ProgN said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13340087/Living-Nostradamus-predicts-three-days-darkness-caused-technology-blackout-2024-world-teeters-brink-electronic-warfare-amid-WWIII-fears.html
Quote:

A man who was dubbed the 'living Nostradamus' has claimed his forecasts are frequently misunderstood as he predicts the world will see technology blackouts this year due to the use of Electromagnetic Pulse technology.

Athos Salom, 36, who is a trained parapsychologist from Brazil, is often referred to as a psychic due to the accuracy of his insights and predictions, after previously foreseeing the coronavirus pandemic, Elon Musk buying Twitter and even Queen Elizabeth's death.

Speaking exclusively to FEMAIL he has now warned that advancements in warfare, such as Electromagnetic Pulse technology (EMP) could have devastating effects on the world.

Who coulda seen that coming? Guy is obviously legit.

/s
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Stat Monitor Repairman
eric76
AG
Want a location where you could live on your own pretty well.

One is the northwestern portion of the island of Molokai. It is said to be a very rugged hike to get there. Nobody living there would have electricity unless they have solar panels. You could grow your own food year round.

One big issue is with outsiders overrunning your area. One place that would be rather difficult for people to reach in en masse would be Sitka, Alaska. It has a pretty decent population, but being very difficult for city people to reach, the people would largely be left to themselves. You would need fishing equipment and it would be helpful to have some kind of boat that didn't depend on petroleum products to run. There are other places in the Alaska panhandle that would have similar advantages.
eaa84059-c3ef-468a-998c-75e682c328fa@8shield.net
Kozmozag
Geomagnetic storm to cause havoc starting today at 12. Hope you all have Faraday cages for all electronics. Climate experts announce they have no idea what this means for the climate crisis, they never thought of this problem in there assumptions.
Stat Monitor Repairman
tk for tu juan said:

Video on a EMP from a nuclear explosion in space, example from one in the early 60's

Quote:

The Starfish Prime electromagnetic pulse also made those effects known to the public by causing electrical damage in Hawaii, about 900 miles (1,450 km) away from the detonation point, knocking out about 300 streetlights, setting off numerous burglar alarms, and damaging a telephone company microwave link. The EMP damage to the microwave link shut down telephone calls from Kauai to the other Hawaiian islands.

Anyone hear that guy on Rogan a few weeks back claim that the Starfish Prime test somehow increased the strength of the Von Allen radiation belt?

It sounded like during the Apollo missions they were trying to see if they could blow a hole in the Van Allen belt and when they tested it out it caused the radiation they were trying to avoid to get worse.

Wild story if true.
techno-ag
AG
Kozmozag said:

Geomagnetic storm to cause havoc starting today at 12. Hope you all have Faraday cages for all electronics. Climate experts announce they have no idea what this means for the climate crisis, they never thought of this problem in there assumptions.
12 Central? Pacific?
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Kozmozag
Obviously 12 pacific. My phone is still working.
eric76
AG
techno-ag said:

Kozmozag said:

12 Central? Pacific?
The news story I read early this morning said eastern time.
eaa84059-c3ef-468a-998c-75e682c328fa@8shield.net
Roll the Bones
AG
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-13402759/Severe-solar-storm-watch-alert-NOAA.html

Quote:

A rare and powerful solar storm may occur in outer space today which could wreak havoc on earth, officials have warned the first in nearly 20 years if it happens.
At least five streams of plasma, known as coronal mass ejections (CMEs), are heading toward Earth, prompting the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to issue a severe geomagnetic storm watch for Friday into the weekend.
This is the first such alert aired since 2005 when Earth was hit with the highest dose of radiation in a half-century.
This time around, the 'unusual event' could disrupt electronic devices like GPS and parts of power grids, NOAA said while citing how it may also drape a huge portion of the country, as far south as Alabama, in colorful natural lights.

AggieVictor10
AG

Edit: ah ****, the caption got cut off.
Less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real.

RFK/brain worm 2024
wessimo
AG
flakrat
AG
Panick and run!
wessimo
AG
wessimo
AG
Highest level unlocked:

wessimo
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.