Trump v RFK Jr

4,473 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 13 days ago by Leonard H. Stringfield
Russ Dalrymple
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Im Gipper said:

Quote:

Well, can't exactly say you're a conservative if you vote for Trump either

Way to try to be edgy, but completely DUMB!

Trump is far from perfect conservative, but he's far and away the most conservative candidate still in the race!

So, vote for the less liberal guy? Cause there isn't a conservative option.
MouthBQ98
AG
Strategy:

Team Trump feels that RFKJ will draw more third party votes from Dems looking for an alternative to a terrible Biden than from Trump himself. Therefore, keep RFKJ in the news as much as possible and make him seem like the more effective anti-Trump opponent to divide the Dem vote.
Im Gipper
I think it's pretty clear that Trump is more worried about RFK pulling votes from him.

That's why he is emphasizing that he is "worse than Biden."

Personally, I think it is nuts that a person could be on the fence between RFK and Trump. But even on this board, there are lots of bizarre people that try to justify that.

I'm Gipper
Science Denier
AG
Russ Dalrymple said:

Im Gipper said:

Quote:

Trump is far from perfect conservative, but he's far and away the most conservative candidate still in the race!

So, vote for the less liberal guy? Cause there isn't a conservative option.

There is an option that has proven he's for
Border security
Lower taxes
Energy independence
Strong foreign policy
Not starting new wars
Getting out of horrible trade deals

And will actually publicly fight for these policies.
And will actually challenge Republicans that are not for these.
LOL OLD
dmart90
AG
This Smerconish piece shows RFK's impact in the polls.

I think Trump drew in a lot of people because he said he was an outsider and would "drain the swamp". He did nothing of the sort. Maybe those same people are drawn to RFK.

Either way, Trump sounds like his normal unhinged self in his tweets where RFK shows he can call Trump an idiot without getting into a mudslinging match.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Im Gipper said:

I think it's pretty clear that Trump is more worried about RFK pulling votes from him.

Personally, I think it is nuts that a person could be on the fence between RFK and Trump. But even on this board, there are lots of bizarre people that try to justify that.

I feel the same way about those hardcore Trump supporters who only blame Biden for inflation when Trump signed 2 massive stimulus bills loaded with pork that got it all started. They won't admit that both of those bozos are to blame.
FIDO*98*
AG
Russ Dalrymple said:

Elections are binary. A non-vote or third-party vote only helps the dims
No Spin Ag
Im Gipper said:

Quote:

Only because Maga made sure DeSantis, who's been a conservative his entire life and done amazing conservative things in Florida (DeSantis) and never had a chance.

But yes, as the only candidate left standing, Trump is the most conservative one left.

There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
No Spin Ag
Im Gipper said:

From what I've seen online, it seems that RFK pulls the Kraken, Q, tin foil types who, even when their guy. is in office, that person can never do enough to "drain the swamp." And because of this, these "nuts" as you say, see RFK as someone who doesn't have a record of not draining the swamp, so why not give him a try, as maybe this time, this new "outsider" will take whatever they see as a threat down.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Ragoo
AG
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Trump wants Never Trumpers to vote for RFK and not Biden. So by making RFK an enemy he is hoping to divide the votes against trump.
agz win
AG
Makes more sense for Never Trumpers to just sit this one out. RFK won't even pull the votes Ross Perot did.
Leonard H. Stringfield
Im Gipper said:

Right or wrong, Trump views Jr as a threat.

Trump tells the absolute truth here:

Quote:

No Republican can vote for this guy.

If you are contemplating voting for RFK Jr, don't ever dare to claim you are conservative again!
A Progressive Conservative perhaps.
MiamiHopper
This is ironic and funny because RFK Jr is a right-wing plant. Just look at his big backers and campaign surrogates.
Im Gipper
Quote:

Reminds me of:

LBGTQ+ for Hamas
Catholics for Choice
Democrats for Common Sense

I'm Gipper
Muy
AG
Trump is right about who RFK is, but dammit the way he sounds on X is embarrassing.
richardag
Russ Dalrymple said:

Im Gipper said:

I feel the same way about those hardcore Trump supporters who only blame Biden for inflation when Trump signed 2 massive stimulus bills loaded with pork that got it all started. They won't admit that both of those bozos are to blame.
In my experience reading this forum most people defending President Trump absolutely admit the spending during COVID by Congress under President Trump was insane and not conservative.
I seem to remember most people that voted for President Trump have also complained his egregious spending was uncalled for and failure to fire Fauci and Birx.
Texas velvet maestro
"golly if Trump hates junior, then I love junior. Junior might get my never-trump vote after all."
richardag
FIDO*98* said:

Russ Dalrymple said:

Elections are binary. A non-vote or third-party vote only helps the dims
Correct and by broadcasting this to family, friends, coworkers and on social media only exasperates the cognitive dissonance.
richardag
Texas velvet maestro said:

"golly if Trump hates junior, then I love junior. Junior might get my never-trump vote after all."
Sarcasm duly noted.
Old McDonald
MouthBQ98 said:

Strategy:

Team Trump feels that RFKJ will draw more third party votes from Dems looking for an alternative to a terrible Biden than from Trump himself. Therefore, keep RFKJ in the news as much as possible and make him seem like the more effective anti-Trump opponent to divide the Dem vote.
we've spent the last decade with Trump and at this point know better than to assume there's a secret strategy at play here.

more likely his campaign's internal polling is showing rfk steals more votes from him than biden, enough so that trump feels threatened enough to lash out.
MagnumLoad
Voting for someone who has no chance to win is a wasted vote. It is going to be Biden or Trump. Pick the one whose policies will be best for our country.
Old McDonald
MiamiHopper said:

This is ironic and funny because RFK Jr is a right-wing plant. Just look at his big backers and campaign surrogates.
this much has been plainly obvious from the beginning of rfk's campaign. perplexing that the right propped him up as a biden spoiler, when his whole vibe is tailored to low-institutional-trust voters who skew toward trump.
NicosMachine
AG
Im Gipper said:

Seems strange to me also.

It's the "issues don't matter, just personality" bloc of voters that are picking between Trump and RFK. There's no way any person that thinks about issues would have such different candidates as the two they are choosing between!
Things have changed with regard to the political divide in America. What used to be "left vs. right" and "haves vs. have nots" has changed to "establishment vs. outsiders". That is what appeals to many voters - disrupting the ruling class, elites, and entrenched establishment.
Im Gipper
Exactly. Its the "issues don't matter" crowd. Easily duped by platitudes and promises of "I'm an outsider! Trust me"

I'm Gipper
NicosMachine
AG
Im Gipper said:

Exactly. Its the "issues don't matter" crowd. Easily duped by platitudes and promises of "I'm an outsider! Trust me"

Not exactly. There was very little difference between "left" and "right" with regard to the pressing issues of foreign aid to Ukraine, deficit spending, the border, and their responses to Covid. Kennedy and Trump largely agree on those issues (except Trump has the indicated he's more willing to give money we don't have to Ukraine). The establishment Republicans have done nothing to fix immigration or curb deficit spending all while involving the U.S. in costly and futile foreign wars. On those policies, they've allied with their establishment Democrat buddies. The issues very much matter, but where candidates stand on issues is more often determined by whether they are establishment more so than party affiliation.
Leonard H. Stringfield
Im Gipper said:

Quote:

Reminds me of:

LBGTQ+ for Hamas
Catholics for Choice
Democrats for Common Sense

Perhaps not?
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.