Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Dead weight team - Ouch!

7,397 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by lwrother
CBattBQ87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
i seriously dont understand why everyone thinks we are a worse program than baylor. last year, yes. the last 15 years, hell no

quote:
BU keeps getting more mileage out of a 4-8 season than any 4-8 team in history.

There are two reasons. They have two Football Jesuses - Art Briles and The Annointed One. In the eyes of many these two can do no wrong.

Underserved or not, this is the truth.
Cowtown Red
Have you guys considered the possibility that the whole point of these guys is to generate attention and a reaction? Reaction means hits on the website.

He throws Baylor in there, and the Baylor faithful just shrugs and says "Yep", and that's the end of it. But he puts A&M in there, knowing full well that the Aggies get their teets in a knot.

I think it was a business decision, personally.
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
quote:
I think it's telling that people are trying to refute Mandel's dead-weight jab by saying that three of the four teams have won Big 12 championships. Those championships occurred in 2003, 2001, and 1998. That is a LONG time ago in the world of college football.

And yet OSU, Texas Tech, Kansas, Baylor, Missouri, and Iowa State have never won the Big 12.

Success is marked in championships, period. Winning records, finishing ranked, etc, are good markers, but at the end of the day it's whether or not you got the ring.

lwrother
howtrue it is
lwrother
bump

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.