Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

ESPN Preseason Rankings

10,797 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 14 yr ago by JuliusCaesarAggie
Stasco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
^^^^^Dude, seriously just stop posting.
Coors Light K
Justifying Texas' preseason rankings with their end of season ranking? If there's bias involved in preseason rankings, how do you not think it's also present in rankings at the end of the year? No doubt Texas has deserved to be ranked every year-they've won 10 games for 8 or so straight years. That's impressive. But I've seen them do things like beat a lower ranked team than them in a bowl game..barely...and then jump about 7 spots up. It makes no sense.

Nguyen-you're hugely annoying and completely myopic. The amount of time you spend here and the length of your posts is disturbing. Why do you feel the need to try and come here and pump up Texas for A&M fans? You're not objective about it at all, and neither are we. You're wasting your time. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Muschamp's 1st year defense? Weren't they ranked like #51 in the country?
TrueAgg13
AG
but dude. i'm just here to post serious and well educated commentary. everything that i right is dead serious and should be because this is a serious board. i refuse to stop posting when it is my duty to tex ags to give yall accurate information about the future
AlexNguyen
quote:

Justifying Texas' preseason rankings with their end of season ranking? If there's bias involved in preseason rankings, how do you not think it's also present in rankings at the end of the year?

Of course the end of season and preseason rankings are related. Not sure what point you are trying to make with this.

quote:

No doubt Texas has deserved to be ranked every year-they've won 10 games for 8 or so straight years. That's impressive. But I've seen them do things like beat a lower ranked team than them in a bowl game..barely...and then jump about 7 spots up. It makes no sense.

Example? The most logical reason I could see for a team making a big jump is because the teams ranked above them lost.

quote:

Nguyen-you're hugely annoying and completely myopic. The amount of time you spend here and the length of your posts is disturbing. Why do you feel the need to try and come here and pump up Texas for A&M fans? You're not objective about it at all, and neither are we. You're wasting your time. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

The simplest answer is usually the correct one. I enjoy Texags so here I am. The fact that you find me annoying says something about you, and on my contrary days, I'd probably have a laugh about you.

quote:

Muschamp's 1st year defense? Weren't they ranked like #51 in the country?

You're not paying attention. I said compared to the job MacDuff and Akina did as co-DCs. And the difference in mood and attitude was clearly different. It wasn't hard to see that better things were on the horizon.
JuliusCaesarAggie

-----------------------------------------------------------
Coors Light K
quote:
Not sure what point you are trying to make with this

I'm trying to point out the flaw in your "where they start v. where they finished" argument. Obviously.

quote:
The most logical reason I could see for a team making a big jump is because the teams ranked above them lost.

It wasn't that simple.

quote:
The fact that you find me annoying says something about you

A lot of people find you annoying, and you should be able to see why. You either do it on purpose or you aren't socially aware enough to understand how people would come to that conclusion.

quote:
And the difference in mood and attitude was clearly different. It wasn't hard to see that better things were on the horizon.

Really? Were you in the locker room every day? Are you part of the inner workings of the team? No. You're a fan. You watch games and read practice reports. You don't really "know" anything.
TrueAgg13
AG
AlexNguyen
quote:

I'm trying to point out the flaw in your "where they start v. where they finished" argument. Obviously.

Well, then you are doing a poor job of it indeed. I said Texas only gets the benefit of the doubt (branding) because UT has performed well recently. That goodwill disappears awfully quickly as evidenced by Michigan and Florida State. UT starts high in the preseason polls because by definition they did well the previous year, and before that, and before that.

quote:

It wasn't that simple.

Again, do you have an example? Or just hot air?

quote:

A lot of people find you annoying, and you should be able to see why. You either do it on purpose or you aren't socially aware enough to understand how people would come to that conclusion.

I have no doubts people find me annoying here purely because I am a Texas supporter. At the same time, I'm mainly factual and I actually try to discuss football. While I don't mind getting into a heated discussion about the merits of my team, I don't bash Aggies or A&M. If you have issues with me just purely on the basis of my team allegiance, you've got issues.

quote:

Really? Were you in the locker room every day? Are you part of the inner workings of the team? No. You're a fan. You watch games and read practice reports. You don't really "know" anything.

I watch the games, many of them in person. Nothing more needs to be said.
Coors Light K
quote:
Well, then you are doing a poor job of it indeed.

No, I'm not. It's very easy to see the problem with your posts, and the explaination you typed after what's quoted above shows that you really don't understand that point I made. It's not that difficult.

It has nothing to do with you being a Texas supporter. It has everything to do with the annoying way in which you come to the A&M football board and say ridiculous things. It also has to do with the idea in your head that you're "really objective" and "just here to discuss." If you aren't socially aware enough to realize that your novel-length posts and the number of them are annoying, you can't be helped.
AlexNguyen
^
|

And that's the online version of stuffing your ears while chanting "I know you are, but what am I?"

No example, eh? I guess it does not exist except in your frustrated mind.

Coors Light K
Huh? Is there something wrong with you? I'm not going to go research it just to prove it to a guy who can't even understand a basic point like the one I made before. I know it's occurred multiple times and if you'd like to go look it up be my guest. 2001 Holiday Bowl comes to mind to help you out. You're an awkward, oblivious guy.
TrueAgg13
AG
this is some domesticated trash talk up in here. look out
Ags9192
Dear Lord wtf is this?
AlexNguyen
What a crock. You make an argument and then when called on it, you say you're not doing the research, while throwing out a few odd insults. And as I vaguely recall, the myth surrounding UT's unjustified rise after the Applewhite game has been thoroughly debunked, even on TexAgs. I'm surprised this one is still floating around. If I come across the old post in my email archives, I will post it here for public edification.

I'd say goodbye and wish you pleasant dreams, but you're apparently already having them with the aid of Coors. How fitting.

Face
AG

[This message has been edited by Face (edited 4/13/2010 3:52p).]
TrueAgg13
AG

Coors Light K
quote:
You make an argument and then when called on it,

Where did this happen? You couldn't even understand the coorelation between preseason and postseason rankings that I made, and you're saying that you "called me out"? That's funny. All you've done is get your feelings hurt when I told you that you're annoying others with your posts. You've also proven you have entirely too much time on your hands. I'm not going to continue the back and forth with you while you're whining.
BoyNamedSue
There is now ZERO doubt that BLK is back - staff, didn't you ban this jackass for this very reason?
AlexNguyen
quote:
I'm not going to continue the back and forth with you while you're whining.

Good.

I think everything I said already stands for itself. As with your posts.
Coors Light K
I'm not BLK. You've said that 100 times on another board and it isn't true. You're upset that I'm telling a fellow Horn that his posts are annoying.
Coors Light K
quote:
I think everything I said already stands for itself

You've made it pretty clear that you believe what you're tying. I've just showed you that you're wrong.
AlexNguyen
I thought you said you were stopping? Let's see if you can control yourself and let me post last.
Coors Light K
I said I'm tired of the back and forth with you while you're whining. Now you're trying to play that card while you can't help yourself from responding to me? Is that how you try to salvage a "win" in a discussion that you've lost? Interesting.

[This message has been edited by Coors Light K (edited 4/13/2010 4:09p).]
AlexNguyen
I never said I was quitting. YOU did.

I think the evidence shows YOU'RE the fellow with a few quirks. Some self-examination might be fruitful.

But I am done now with you. I won't be replying for the rest of today, and unlike you, my boy, I CAN control myself.

TrueAgg13
AG
man, i wonder what a date night would be like for a woman if she refused coors light k's advances. i have a feeling things could get scary in no time.
Coors Light K
quote:
and unlike you, my boy, I CAN control myself.

Wow. That's awesome. Maybe by tomorrow you'll actually realize what I was saying. You pretty much missed the boat today. Unlike you, I don't run over to Texas sites and try to sell my long, ridiculous posts as "just trying to be objective." I have no idea how you find that interesting to do every single day. Don't take it so personally. You need thicker skin buddy.

[This message has been edited by Coors Light K (edited 4/13/2010 4:22p).]
Coors Light K
quote:
man, i wonder what a date night would be like for a woman if she refused coors light k's advances. i have a feeling things could get scary in no time.

She'd better not.
10PennyNail
AG
Why are the tsips yelling at each other on our board?
TexasBB
This thread HAD potential.
Face
AG
quote:
This thread HAD potential.

No, it didn't. Look at who started it: if you post .gifs, he whines to the mods and they lock it. If you argue with supporting data, he gets pedantic and fussy. It's a lose-lose.
RetiredpostalMarine
Good Lord! For the 6,000,000 time why do you let these sips troll on this forum? Take it to the Rivalries forum sip.It was put there for punks like you.
JuliusCaesarAggie
Face with the headshot

-----------------------------------------------------------

[This message has been edited by JuliusCaesarAggie (edited 4/13/2010 7:12p).]
sparkplug
Stasco
AG
Damn yall that was EPIC.
AlexNguyen
quote:

if you post .gifs, he whines to the mods and they lock it. If you argue with supporting data, he gets pedantic and fussy. It's a lose-lose.

Hmm, twist the truth much?

1) I don't mind the pictures if they are used judiciously. A couple of unoriginal drones like you were posting the Tommy Lee Jones picture on every single thread. I objected to that, and some agreed with me. As I recall you got banned for a while for said actions too, so you were obviously out of line. Nice to see you toned down the absurdity, but it obviously took a dressing down from the staff for it to happen. And for the record, it takes no thought for you or Star Trekkie Boy to post images that someone else made. Talk about a waste of bandwidth...

2) You're biased and nonobjective and you've yet to make any solid points other than a pile-on remark. Par for the course for you, though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.