Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bill Byrne Angry Voicemail

11,933 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Amarillo Slim
BTHOthatguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
yes it does go to the athletic dept. Obviously no one answering it.
MW_111
He promised A&M to the PAC 10 and then was embarrassed when he was overruled and sent on a "vacation". No wonder he is a little touchy.
Ansel
quote:
It's him...just saying.

It sure does sound like him. And I dialed the number and it is the Texas A&M athletic department.

In any case, I also support Bill on this one. What the guy said was classless. He deserves a good thumping.
km_2013
Pretty Funny.

i just hope people dial the right number if they are going to call him. My phone number at work is only 1 digit off.
UTGrad02
Hilarious but I've gotta give props to Bill for that. I'm sure he received about 500 ridiculous emails and the comment about Dodds may have been been the straw that broke the camel's back.

downinaggieland
AG
Totally support him on this. Some guy emails thinking he can talk to a complete stranger that way with no repercussions and gets called on it. I have new found respect for him.

[This message has been edited by downinaggieland (edited 6/16/2010 10:22a).]
sam callahan
"people don't talk to me that way"

get over yourself hotshot...you speak down to us peons regularly.
Ags77
AG
Wasnt me this time
kag2520
AG
Hey Guys,

I know the voicemail is funny and everyone wants to jump all over bill byrne, but the voicemail is not really him.

How do I know this? My wife worked in the athletic department under Bill for her last 3 years at school, talked to him everyday. Its not his voice.

Just thought you should know, this kind of stuff is why other schools laugh at us. We throw our own under the bus without even thinking twice about it.
CDub06
AG
His number is printed in the campus directory. It's not hard to get a hold of. I could create a voicemail just as easily and say "My number is umm..." then read what is printed in the directory.

Once again, I do not believe that is Byrne's voice...
Oilrigaggie2000
You are sadly mistaken! I know it's him for a fact and if you want to compare YouTube one of his speeches...

Cover ups abound

aggie_2001_2005
Man, if that's an imitation, that is 100x better than RC on a Mobile.
Oilrigaggie2000
Because someone would get a 65 + yr old to pull off an elaborate hoax... Gimme a break

koolaid anyone?
CDub06
AG
Yes, you're right. I'm part of an elaborate coverup. Knock on the side window at Cushing next Tuesday night at 9PM and you can be part of the coverup too.

As long as you bring Big Red and wear your Aggie Ring on your left hand.

[This message has been edited by CDub06 (edited 6/16/2010 1:54p).]
Proud Ag
AG
Everybody on the internet knows! Everybody on the internet is an expert. The CIA and FBI could use some of you to determine what the "chatter" is saying on the intercepts they get. LOL!
BigBill
True or not, when I heard this clip this morning, it was the first time I'd laughed all week long.
Hawk2007
1. $ Bill is obviously not very bright for leaving a voicemail that can of course be recorded and uploaded on the internet.

2. After 10 years of generally sucktastic football, you would think he would be a little more thick skinned than Obama and would have heard it all by now...
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
I know the voicemail is funny and everyone wants to jump all over bill byrne, but the voicemail is not really him.

How do I know this? My wife worked in the athletic department under Bill for her last 3 years at school, talked to him everyday. Its not his voice.

Just thought you should know, this kind of stuff is why other schools laugh at us. We throw our own under the bus without even thinking twice about it.

The owner of this website says it is Byrne. I choose to believe Brandon.
djking1994
Personally, I work for a University, and if I had made a call to a parent or student or alum like that, I would be fired. It doesn't matter what the other person said...I'm representing the University and my behavior has to reflect that.
WhiteRock Horn
I support Bill, I would love it if Dodds did something similar, but I think this is a built in excuse to fire him if the Board wants to.
Tomdoss92
AG
quote:
I'm sure he is being stretched very thin.

have you seen a picture lately? Thin is not applicable.
mason12
AG
It is him. I still have a voicemail he left me that I saved. I sent him an email/message on the aggieathletics page asking for a transcript of his state of the department adress or a video link to it and he called me and left a voicemail saying that their was none but that he basically talked about what he has been putting in his wednesday weekly addresses. I was actually surprised that he called. It was nice that he did. I would have liked to talk to him but I didnt pick up because I didn't recognize the 979 number.
85AustinAg
AG
If the Board of Regents and the University President tell you that you are not a part of the decision making on conference alignment, why in the hell should you stick around College Station for the weekend.

A family reunion in Idaho sounds pretty nice to me, and pretty darned timely as well...

100% behind Bill on this one
Maroon KoolAid
AG
ROFL
CDub06
AG
quote:
The owner of this website says it is Byrne. I choose to believe Brandon.

I must have missed this...
brickking
Email and voice mail on espn
97.5 houston
Kampfers
AG
It was Byrne. He confirms here:
http://www.aggieathletics.com/genrel/061610aaa.html
AgPediRPh
AG
Yeah, I read it too on his blog. Awesome! He put that punk in his place! And instead of confronting BB, he posted the VM on the net. What a little beyotch.
coop214
AG
We need a new AD. Not because we stayed in the big 12, but because of our mediocrity and over paying terrible coaching hires.
TxAgswin
AG
quote:
Hey Guys,

FAIL.
TxAggieMichael
AG
100% Support
TxAggieMichael
AG
And yea, epic FAIL on kag2520...
Jelly Bean
quote:
We need a new AD. Not because we stayed in the big 12, but because of our mediocrity and over paying terrible coaching hires.

Seriously? Football is NOT the only sport at A&M.
gigem70
AG
Support him 100% on this.
MW_111
kag2520 and CDub06 have lost all credibility.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.