Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bill Byrne Angry Voicemail

11,913 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 13 yr ago by Amarillo Slim
CoastGuardAg00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I support him responding! But sorry he deserves it!
AggieInvestor
I don't mind him defending himself but to leave it on voice mail was stupid. We all put up with crap in our jobs for less money than he makes. I have went off people but I make damm sure it not freaking recorded.
1876er
AG
Byrne.

He can talk down to us lowly Aggies, but the second we question him, he gets all defensive.
1876er
AG
quote:
Seriously? Football is NOT the only sport at A&M.

Football sucks, we have a 16 million dollar deficit, and you think he has been successful because of T&F??
Cheeks
quote:
He can talk down to us lowly Aggies, but the second we question him, he gets all defensive

exactly. now shut up and be a good Aggie and buy some overpriced ticket to watch us play iowa state or florida international
Midtown SAHD
Curiously, BB made a point to list each complaint and then his rebuttal. The only exception was the complaint: "You are just Deloss Dodd's lapdog, or much, much worse", to which he just apologized for his temper but he offered no rebuttal. Which begs the question, is he indeed Dodd's lapdog?
Dandy 76
AG
All I can say is good for BB - the guy who sent the email deserves to have his ass kicked and I admire Bill for standing up to him. All of you people on here who think Byrne hasn't done a great job for this university is FOS. He has brought more championships in his short time here than probably all the other years combined and has made us competitive across the board.

I know for many of you nothing besides football matters, but for the student athletes competing in these other sports they are all very important.
AggieAtty
AG
And the winner is . . .
quote:
Statement Three: You are DeLoss Dodds' lapdog and things worse, actually much worse.

After reading over 200 similar e-mails the other night, I finally had one set me off and I called the writer. I'm a very competitive person and like many of you, I was raised not to back down when challenged. I've also got a bit of an Irish temper which came across in my voicemail. I regretted what I said as soon as I hung up. I should have been above that, and I made a mistake. For those of you who were offended by my response, I apologize, and I assure you that it will not happen again.

http://www.aggieathletics.com/genrel/061610aaa.html
aggie_2001_2005
I knew no one could outdo RC on a mobile as far as imitation.

I don't particularly care a whole lot for Bill Byrne, but I give him a bigtime kudos for calling that azzhole out.

[This message has been edited by aggie_2001_2005 (edited 6/17/2010 12:03a).]
SB in H-Town
Just freakin hilarious. What a dumb ass to call back and leave a voice mail. I'd laugh if the student was a 6'5 bad ass that likes to whip old fart ass. He deserves it. He's a the head of the athletic department at a major university. Toughen up. Maybe if the school hadn't just made the worst decision in the history of school he wouldn't have to deal with **** like this.
jptheaggie
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/texas-am-ad-confirms-voicemail-issues-apology-28546

Read his weekly letter... he confirmed it there...
angus55
1876er...uh you ever go to a game in Reed??? I don't even know if we had thump-thump when I was at A&M...seriously you are in real denial if you can't see that the Athletic Program is in better shape as far as being competitive
rather be fishing
AG
I gotta say... I don't agree with our direction in the whole realignment issue, but I support Byrne. He's been pretty damn good for our athletics as a whole.

Also, it was nice to have something offset me F5ing the FB Board every 20 seconds....
Amarillo Slim
AG
I like $Bill more now than ever. I like a leader who knows just exactly whose ars to kick. Just because someone is in a leadership position doesn't mean they have to put up with that kind of idiotic message. I am glad he called the jerk that left that message and really would have been more glad if he was able to talk to this hole in person.

Good Bull Bill!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.