Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

9 Game SEC Schedule Starting in 2026

21,131 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Zombie Jon Snow
Hey Nav
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One less cupcake is fine with me.

That said, get used to SEC Commissioner Deloss Dodds.
20ag07
Quote:

Also Greg Byrne needs to tell Del that in the SEC, all announcement such as schedules only come from the conference office and that no school is bigger than the conference.
Sooooooo, what about that time we announced that Texas/OU were coming to the SEC before the conference was ready for us to?

Is that any more egregious than the non announcement here?

Or Saban publicly *****ing about his opponents in the 9 game model that hasn't been announced yet?

Etc etc etc.
TexAggie1999
LB12Diamond said:

I couldn't see those three cupcakes on Bama Georgia and LSU when they were lifting that NC trophy!

And you think that if they had played another conference game instead of a cupcake, they wouldn't have won those NCs?
eATMup-Reveille
That's unfortunate. A 1-7-7 rotation would be perfect and easy to know what is coming for years to come. Every team would have the same number of conference home games each year.
Bonfire.1996
TexAggie1999 said:

LB12Diamond said:

I couldn't see those three cupcakes on Bama Georgia and LSU when they were lifting that NC trophy!

And you think that if they had played another conference game instead of a cupcake, they wouldn't have won those NCs?
You aren't good at this.

In 2022, Michigan and Ohio State made the playoff, both from the B1G. Clemson went undefeated in conference play and won their conference title game. Their two losses were to Notre Dame and South Carolina, both out of conference. If they had scheduled out of conference like Ohio State or Michigan, they take the 4 seed, but they ended up in the Citrus bowl.

You can't use hindsight to support your argument when the same hindsight destroys it.

The committee values record above ALL other metrics. Until that changes, it is STUPID to do anything but guarantee victories out of conference. Anyone arguing otherwise isn't serious about playoff appearances and is just being selfish with wanting a good personal ROI on their Kyle field tickets.

Personally, I've never felt better about a Kyle Field loss than a Kyle Field victory, no matter who the opponents. To each their own though. I just want yall to admit that you care more about watching competitive games than you do about playoff appearances.
LB12Diamond
AG
TexAggie1999 said:

LB12Diamond said:

LOL

One if we go to 9, those teams will still play 3 cupcakes. They will drop the power 5 non conference game.

Two

You stated the cupcakes are embarrassing or something to that affect. Which is clearly a bad take on your part bc as I pointed out. No one talks about those teams playing those 3 cupcakes.

SEC can stay at 8 and keep flexibility with the non conference slate.

Funniest part on all this is when people say the other conferences are playing 9 games. Who cares, they are not close to the same strength as the SEC.

This crying about the 3 easier games at home is basically old man yelling at clouds type stuff.

Let me state it another way. A&M is not going to get rid of the 3 home games in non conference. Thats pretty much a fact. So complaining about it, etc is just a waste of time on your part.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
The SEC will move to 9 games in the near future. Its a matter of getting paid for the increase in inventory, assuming Sankey doesn't let ESPN get a bargain while he secures a better job with ESPN or as a college football commissioner at the behest of ESPN. When moving to 9 conference games, there will be 2 cupcakes and 1 big out of conference game every year. How big will depend on the season but likely someone from the BIG, ACC, or Big 12. I think 2025 will be an 8 game conference schedule with us playing at LSU and at Texas.
20ag07
Quote:

The committee values record above ALL other metrics. Until that changes, it is STUPID to do anything but guarantee victories out of conference. Anyone arguing otherwise isn't serious about playoff appearances and is just being selfish with wanting a good personal ROI on their Kyle field tickets.

Personally, I've never felt better about a Kyle Field loss than a Kyle Field victory, no matter who the opponents. To each their own though. I just want yall to admit that you care more about watching competitive games than you do about playoff appearances.
When the playoff expands to 12, there is margin for error.

So yes. Everyone (season ticket holders, athletic departments, TV networks, etc) want better games. It's what everybody is paying for.

And everybody recognizes there is (and should be) a little more margin for error.

I'd rather have Georgia visit Kyle Field (and potentially lose), than see Abilene Christian or whoever in November. (I end up dumping those tickets for pennies on the dollar to folks who want to show their kids Kyle Field for cheap.)
Emilio Fantastico
AG
You aren't good at this either or you would realize that Clemson didn't schedule Notre Dame specifically. They just happened to be one of the 5 ACC schools Notre Dame plays each year in that particular year.
BMX Bandit

Quote:

One if we go to 9, those teams will still play 3 cupcakes. They will drop the power 5 non conference game.

perhaps on the latter, but on the former I bet we see FCS schools no longer allowed on the schedule.

Quote:

hate to break it to you, but SEC is going to 9 games. its not a matter of if, but when.

HowdyGetRowdy409
BkYdPitmaster said:

Gator92 said:

BMX Bandit said:

so is everyone.

Yes and part of the reason Presidents didn't go for it in 24.

Not only were they not going to get more $$$, but loose 1/2 a home game revenue/yr...
How loose is a 1/2 game?
I will never understand how over the past few years people continuously use "loose" instead of "lose". I shouldn't be irritated by it, but I just can't help myself.
LB12Diamond
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

perhaps on the latter, but on the former I bet we see FCS schools no longer allowed on the schedule.

Quote:

hate to break it to you, but SEC is going to 9 games. its not a matter of if, but when.

You cherry picked comments to respond to and it doesn't matter.

I just pointed out we lose non conference scheduling flexibility if they go to 9. Which I prefer. But will not lose any sleep on it if they make a bad choice. So we will have 9 SEC game schedule and the 3 home mid level games. So be it.

Texas wanting to go to 9 does not means it's best for them. They are not the smartest athletic department out there. They wanted to go to the PAC 12 years ago. We wanted the SEC. We all see how that one turned out. Little brother following 12 years later and the PAC dead.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
LB12Diamond said:

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

Quote:

You cherry picked comments to respond to and it doesn't matter.

I just pointed out we lose non conference scheduling flexibility if they go to 9. Which I prefer. But will not lose any sleep on it if they make a bad choice. So we will have 9 SEC game schedule and the 3 home mid level games. So be it.

Texas wanting to go to 9 does not means it's best for them. They are not the smartest athletic department out there. They wanted to go to the PAC 12 years ago. We wanted the SEC. We all see how that one turned out. Little brother following 12 years later and the PAC dead.
So you think we will host teams like Fresno, Memphis, and East Carolina every year and never do a home & home with programs like Georgia Tech or Arizona?
LB12Diamond
AG
Georgia Tech and Arizona

LOL

Really

Yes I think that 90% we will do the three guaranteed home games.

And that other 10% would probably be an average game such as Georgia Tech.

They will definitely not schedule the fun out of conference games such as Notre Dame or Clemson moving forward.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bill Superman said:

Sip already calling the shots.
Burnt Orange Bogeyman has already taken this to Twitter. Thanks for giving them more ammunition.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
LB12Diamond said:

Georgia Tech and Arizona

LOL

Really

They will definitely not schedule the fun out of conference games such as Notre Dame or Clemson moving forward.
Espn, Fox, NBC, and CBS are driving this ship and paying billions. They are not going to sit by and let a bunch of big name programs have three snoozers. There will be a demand to have home & home series with programs such as Michigan State, North Carolina,. GT, and other somewhat big name programs on a regular basis. Sure, some programs will naturally have ten "big" games due to OOC rivalry games, but the programs that do not will shift to playing 10 "big" games.
Bryanisbest
AG
hunter2012 said:

DamnGood86 said:

Alex Delarge said:

Surely the SEC offices aren't happy that a (non)member is leaking this already.

Maybe the SEC offices had not yet been told themselves.
Snakey isn't even aware that the conference lost the initiative when they rolled out the red carpet for the sips.

He was aware and did it anyway
AGinHI
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Bill Superman said:

Sip already calling the shots.
Burnt Orange Bogeyman has already taken this to Twitter. Thanks for giving them more ammunition.
You're being facetious, right?

Grown men trolling fan message boards to find frivolous talk they post elsewhere to gain approval and satisfaction in their pathetic lives are nothing short of

losers who think a win for their team is somehow a win in their personal lives.
MooreTrucker
AG
No, I'm not being facetious. I saw this on Twitter and every reply is dumbass horns talking about "little brother is learning" and nonsense like that.

The original post on here was stupid, and yeah, sips come here looking for stuff like that to post on OB and tweet out to make themselves feel important, and this helps them do that.
fightinag
Alex Delarge said:

Surely the SEC offices aren't happy that a (non)member is leaking this already.
welcome to having fexas in the conference......(What are these things called rules ?)
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
TexAggie1999
Bonfire.1996 said:

TexAggie1999 said:

LB12Diamond said:

You aren't good at this.

In 2022, Michigan and Ohio State made the playoff, both from the B1G. Clemson went undefeated in conference play and won their conference title game. Their two losses were to Notre Dame and South Carolina, both out of conference. If they had scheduled out of conference like Ohio State or Michigan, they take the 4 seed, but they ended up in the Citrus bowl.

You can't use hindsight to support your argument when the same hindsight destroys it.

The committee apparently does NOT value record above ALL other metrics. If they did, then Florida State would have bene in the playoffs. You say it is "stupid" to do anything but guarantee victories out of conference. However, scheduling strong opponents out of conference can help. Is Texas in the playoffs if they do not schedule and beat Alabama. Maybe, but very possibly not.

Wanting a 9 game conference schedule is not just about being selfish and wanting a good ROI on Kyle field tickets. It is the right thing to do. It provides far better games for people to watch. It aligns with the other conferences. College football is just entertainment. Nothing more, nothing less. Having better games to watch is a good thing. The playoffs are going to be 12 teams. If playing one additional conference game keeps you out of the playoffs, then you aren't good enough to win the championship anyway.
Sq 17
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

The SEC will move to 9 games in the near future. It's a matter of getting paid for the increase in inventory. . . I think 2025 will be an 8 game conference schedule with us playing at LSU and at Texas.

I agree 25 will be just like 24 with the home teams flipped
26 will be 9 games and

I am calling it here bookmark this thread in name of schedule parody the Ags will get stuck playing either tu or LSU on the road consecutive years hopefully we get UGa at home and iirc our first road game at UK
greg.w.h
AG
Sq 17 said:

The SEC will move to 9 games in the near future. It's a matter of getting paid for the increase in inventory. . . I think 2025 will be an 8 game conference schedule with us playing at LSU and at Texas.

I agree 25 will be just like 24 with the home teams flipped
26 will be 9 games and

I am calling it here bookmark this thread in name of schedule parody the Ags will get stuck playing either tu or LSU on the road consecutive years hopefully we get UGa at home and iirc our first road game at UK
Absolutely not. We play the backend of the biennial rotation against the teams we played this last season. LSU and everyone else we didn't play. Or everything so far has been a lie.
Sq 17
Maybe you've seen official releases from SEC HQ that I did not see but Most press releases state plans without guaranteeing that the plans will actually happen

I am not sur3 what the backend of the biennial rotation is
njohn87
AG
LincolnBorglum79 said:

The 9 conference game plan is likely coming even faster than 2026. I expect it to happen for the 2025 season too. Otherwise the tsips will play ou plus the 7 sec teams they don't play in 2024. We will not play tu in 2025 without a 9 game 3-6-6 model in place.

tu in 2025 without the 9 game schedule will play Bama, LSU, Auburn, Ole Miss, Tenn, S Car, Mizzu and ou. They really don't want to lose the Texas Aggie game or the Arky game but they will for 1 Year.

We will play Bama; Miss, Vandy, Kentucky, ou, Georgia, Tenn and LSU in 2025 as it stands right now.

It's not like the law that we're on a strict 1-7-7 until expanding to 9 games; the conference can make whatever schedule it wants in 2025.
LB12Diamond
AG
Exactly

And as long as ESPN is not going to give a proper bump. No reason to jump to 9.

The problem with the 1-7-7 though is that certain teams have to play each other. So with 8 sec games they will just keep making schedules that ensures those games are played.
LB12Diamond
AG

LB12Diamond said:

Georgia Tech and Arizona

LOL

Really

Espn, Fox, NBC, and CBS are driving this ship and paying billions. They are not going to sit by and let a bunch of big name programs have three snoozers. There will be a demand to have home & home series with programs such as Michigan State, North Carolina,. GT, and other somewhat big name programs on a regular basis. Sure, some programs will naturally have ten "big" games due to OOC rivalry games, but the programs that do not will shift to playing 10 "big" games.

What the

So all the SEC teams have been doing this forever. You do realize this? Right?

Do you not understand how much more money these teams make having home games. Why do you think they pay these schools to play them? Bc in the end they still make more than a home and home. If they go to the 9 game SEC schedule there will not be a provision in the contract that's states a power 5 non conference game must be scheduled.
Ag CPA
AG
20ag07 said:

Quote:

Also Greg Byrne needs to tell Del that in the SEC, all announcement such as schedules only come from the conference office and that no school is bigger than the conference.
Sooooooo, what about that time we announced that Texas/OU were coming to the SEC before the conference was ready for us to?

Is that any more egregious than the non announcement here?

Or Saban publicly *****ing about his opponents in the 9 game model that hasn't been announced yet?

Etc etc etc.
No kidding, talk about short memories.
mrfun83
AG
The Collective said:

Goodbye our FCS brothers

Yep -less football opportunities for guys who want to play college ball.
Class of 65
AG
#Mke said:

Better be 3-6-6 and not 1-7-7.

In addition to LSU, I want to humiliate Texas every November and continue owning Arkansas every September!
Well other then a short stint in the 90's texas has eaten our lunch so you may have a long wait
E A DANNHAUS Class of 65
Carmine Scarpacio
Bonfire.1996 said:

whoop_99 said:

I don't understand how anyone wants to argue to keep 3 cupcake games. Those are equivalent to preseason games. Find a way to get rid of one of those!
Thats funny. Your goal is to be entertained for your money spent at Kyle. You don't mind multiple games a year with yell practice at the end.

I want to maximize the odds of a playoff appearance every year.

We are not the same

Georgia's OOC in 2023: UT Martin, Ball State, UAB, Georgia Tech
Michigan's OOC in 2023: East Carolina, UNLV, Bowling Green

Again, some teams are committed to championship opportunities, some want to present the toughest possible road to greatness. It's amazing how many fans of Texas A&M don't understand this.
Georgia was supposed to play OU in 2023 but it got cancelled due to SEC expansion/add of OU.

Had they played OU and beaten them, they are in the playoffs and Texas is out.
BMX Bandit
No surprise, 8 game in 2025

greg.w.h
AG
Rather play Bama which is how the rotation was supposed to work in 7 rotation and 1 permanent…we have been scammed.
Rectitude
AG
WC94 said:

Sips have classic Narssastic Personality Disorder and we have Battered Spouse Syndrome. What could go wrong?
It's almost like Deloss Dodds is back as AD at tu again. Like old times.
AGDAD14
So we joined the SEC over a decade ago… and we are back playing tu, Arkansas, Mizzou, and LSU like the decades before joining the SEC. Boy ain't this fun! As they say, history does have a way of repeating its else. I have now lived long enough to see it first hand!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.