Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

9 Game SEC Schedule Starting in 2026

20,713 Views | 122 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by Zombie Jon Snow
Kozmozag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wonder what our ad thanks of sips driving the sec narrative?
Krautag81
I'm in favor of the cupcake game at the end of the season. It gives our starters a rest and valuable playing time for the 2s and 3s.
dBoy99
AG
DGrimesAg92 said:

Ugh, I hate these mother ****ers. **** everyone who wanted this game back and double **** everyone who allowed this cancer into the SEC.
Sq 17
greg.w.h said:

Rather play Bama which is how the rotation was supposed to work in 7 rotation and 1 permanent…we have been scammed.
Don't care about playing Bama but real tired of playing the chicken I think you were only person that thought the 25 schedule would be the permanent rival and the 7 teams that were not on the 24 schedule
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Sq 17 said:

greg.w.h said:

Rather play Bama which is how the rotation was supposed to work in 7 rotation and 1 permanent…we have been scammed.
Don't care about playing Bama but real tired of playing the chicken I think you were only person that thought the 25 schedule would be the permanent rival and the 7 teams that were not on the 24 schedule
Unless ESPN comes to the table with more money, people should get ready for another 8 game schedule in '26 and it will be built to maximize playoff contenders and protect the rivalries.
greg.w.h
AG
Sq 17 said:

greg.w.h said:

Thats what the conference said not me.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
I like playing LSU, tu, and Arkansas every year. These are traditional rivalries and I am glad that they have been made a priority. I also like playing State and SC annually, and Florida regularly.

It is right that the SEC has prioritized LSU/OM, UGA/Auburn, Bama/Tennessee, Bama/Auburn and UGA/Auburn as well.

Y'all are critical of the league when they are actually doing a really good job of this. Also knowing that the ESPN has not paid for a 9th game yet, and that the Clemson and FSU may be with us soon.

Let it play out.
Bryanisbest
AG
northeastag said:

I thought exactly the same thing. Texas made the decision and announced it. At the very least, they were the driving force behind the decision, and the SEC got shoved into it.

Sankey and the SEC getting what they signed up for.

Snakey surreptitiously bringing tu in was not the worst part. The worst was that it signaled Texas' influence on SEC from then on.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Bryanisbest said:

northeastag said:

I thought exactly the same thing. Texas made the decision and announced it. At the very least, they were the driving force behind the decision, and the SEC got shoved into it.

Sankey and the SEC getting what they signed up for.

Snakey surreptitiously bringing tu in was not the worst part. The worst was that it signaled Texas' influence on SEC from then on.

We've had our chance to exert dominance in the SEC both in the boardroom and in competition over the last 10 years. Yet we've squandered it and done nothing. Texas plays to win; we play to complain about tu.

Like it or not, the SEC is better with tu and A&M together. Soon we'll have UF and FSU, and Clemson with SC.
BMX Bandit
Clemson I agree. But I think fsu goes big 10.

The Chicken Ranch
AG
Maybe, but I see Miami being a better B1G fit. FSU isn't exactly an academic powerhouse, and Miami is.

But who knows? Maybe that doesn't matter anymore.

I hope the SEC can somehow grab VT and NCSU on the way to 20. That way we'd have all the southern Land Grant schools.

But again, purely total speculation.
rgag12
AG
MaroonStain said:

I'm with playing 10-game SEC schedule. Worked in 2020. Oh...and tuck Fexas...we warned 'em.

It works out ok when the rest of the SEC sucks and you're decent.
TXAG 05
AG
rgag12 said:

MaroonStain said:

I'm with playing 10-game SEC schedule. Worked in 2020. Oh...and tuck Fexas...we warned 'em.

This. The 2020 team wasn't as good as people like to think.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Gator92 said:

Should be 10 game conference schedule.

W/ 9, we are losing a home game every other year...
Not really.

We play one P5 non conference team home/away every other year.

They will work it out where everyone has the 4 home conference games when they have the home P5 non conference and the 5 conference home games when that P5 non conference is on the road. Throw in 2 non conference cupcakes and you will have 7 home games every year.

Currently we also have 7 home games every year mostly because of the Arky neutral site game. But that also goes away,

Sq 17
TXAG 05 said:

rgag12 said:

MaroonStain said:

This. The 2020 team wasn't as good as people like to think.

2020 team had a lot of , returning skill players the reduced practice, because of Covid hurt us less than the other teams
Aggie Apotheosis
greg.w.h said:

Ten conference games after we expand to 18…

I say bring it on and let the cream rise to the top.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Aggie Apotheosis said:

greg.w.h said:

Ten conference games after we expand to 18…

I say bring it on and let the cream rise to the top.
The 10 game conference schedule feels more inevitable with the uncertainty of the ACC. Seems like a jump from 8 to 10 is as likely as 8 to 9. I have to wonder if that happens if we see the schedule get changed to a 13 game schedule with one big OOC game and two cream puffs. Season starts the weekend before labor day.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Already extending the postseason with 4 rounds of playoff games possible so I doubt they extend the regular season.

As it is teams that play 12 reg season game and lose their conf championship could then have 4 playoff games. Thats 17 potential games. Winners of conf championship games (for SEC B10 ACC and B12) will likely get those top 4 byes. But still play 3 playoff games possibly so 16 games.

I mean only 2 teams will have that many possibly, but 4 will have just one less.

Seems like a lot when we used to have 11 and a bowl game. Then 12 and conf championship and bowl game or 14 max. And only recently 12 + conf champ + 2 playoffs. We are now talking about 15 or 16 games. Doubt they want to push that to 16 or 17.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.