Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Blaise Taylor (defensive staffer) arrested

25,094 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Cliff Booth
Mongolian Christmas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AGDAD14 said:

I'm rootin' for Coach Traylor as he is from south Texas in my neck of the woods. This has to be an extremely painful time for his family.

However, if he knew about his son's situation and said nothing to his employer about it while knowing his employer was considering hiring his son, that would not be good.

I'm hopeful that both dad and son were forthcoming with both Utah State and Texas A&M about the situation.

As others have said, I can't imagine what both families are going through, and pray for justice if called for.

This is the thing right there. Dude knew his son was under investigation for murder and unilateral abortion, but didn't say anything? Come on, man!
Alex580
AG
I could see trooper taylor being asked to resign to " spend time with his family"
Fatboy Thaddeus
Much less interesting than Pole Assassin TBH.

For real though I wonder how much this will take Trooper away from his job. Who will fill in if his capacity gets diminished?
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Mongolian Christmas said:

AGDAD14 said:

I'm rootin' for Coach Traylor as he is from south Texas in my neck of the woods. This has to be an extremely painful time for his family.

However, if he knew about his son's situation and said nothing to his employer about it while knowing his employer was considering hiring his son, that would not be good.

I'm hopeful that both dad and son were forthcoming with both Utah State and Texas A&M about the situation.

As others have said, I can't imagine what both families are going through, and pray for justice if called for.

This is the thing right there. Dude knew his son was under investigation for murder and unilateral abortion, but didn't say anything? Come on, man!
This thread has several people with no real world experience or they are just trolls. How would Trooper know his son is under investigation for murder? Usually detectives dont go around telling people they have them under investigation. And was A&M supposed to send someone to Tennessee and ask the police what happened with the allergic reaction to the GF a year ago? And when A&M asked why Blaise left the Titans for a college job and Blaise said "I am looking for a new start in college football and it is a better opportunity", A&M was supposed to think he is a killer do not hire him?
So much stupidity in here.
BLSmith04
AG
Obviously innocent until proven guilty and let the justice system do its job and stuff, but if he did this, give him the electric chair, and may he rot in hell.
Furlock Bones
AG
SlobberKnock said:

I wonder how Trooper can do his job with this going on (I wouldn't be able to). I wonder if he steps away from coaching.

This. There was nothing for A&M to or Utah st to find.

Can't fathom how Trooper handles it as a father first and foremost and then how he handles it in his job.
NE PA Ag
In summary:

Police do not publically divulge criminal investigations

The girlfriend died and as far as anyone knew it was due to a tragic, allergic reaction of some kind.

People usually don't admit to anyone, including parents, that they got away with murder.

Why would Trooper talk about his son's girlfriend tragically dying a year ago with anyone on campus?

The arrest just happened, so there is no way A&M could have known about it when the guy was hired, short of expending a large amount of resources for an investigation. Even then they may not have found out.
SBDavis87
AG
arontc09 said:

It looks like the girlfriend didn't die. It only says the unborn child died. She was in critical condition, but nothing says she died.

That said, how likely are we to be able to see that she lost a pregnancy, much less, that it was suspicious? Police won't tell you they're investigating someone, it would taint the investigation, and the medical information is federally protected. Unless she was making accusations publicly, it would be virtually impossible for us to find this.

That said, if he did this, it is unconscionable, and he should serve a good chunk of his life in prison.

Edit: I read the quote form the article and not the whole thing. It says he was charged with two counts, but it makes no mention of the girlfriend dying. It's a poorly written article and things are kind of fuzzy. Still, I don't think a background check would turn this up, and even if it did, TAMU probably wouldn't see it, TAMU would just get a pass/fail, and he won't fail on the possibility that maybe he would be charged, someday.
OP'S SECOND LINK SAYS CLEARLY THAT SHE AND THE BABY DIED
Sip du jour
It's funny how people here are acting like A&M shouldn't or couldn't have known. That's stupid. Of course they would know. If they didn't then they're so bad at their jobs that it's borderline negligent. The likeliest scenario is they knew and thought he was either innocent or that the evidence was flimsy and they believe him. Not knowing at all is a worse look.
Divining Rod
Quote:

It looks like the girlfriend didn't die. It only says the unborn child died. She was in critical condition, but nothing says she died.

unless her obituary last year was greatly exaggerated, she died.
Sterling82
passerby82
AG
Sip du jour said:

It's funny how people here are acting like A&M shouldn't or couldn't have known. That's stupid. Of course they would know. If they didn't then they're so bad at their jobs that it's borderline negligent. The likeliest scenario is they knew and thought he was either innocent or that the evidence was flimsy and they believe him. Not knowing at all is a worse look.

Occam's razor would not apply in anyway if the Aggies knew or if trooper knew. The likeliest scenario is the Aggies didn't know.

RMD10
How would A&M know? Taylor had not been charged with anything when he was hired. The school likely ran a background check which would not have shown anything and Taylor probably had references to vouch for him who also did not know he was under any investigation. Likely the only people who knew of the investigation outside of Taylor and his attorney were the Nashville detectives.

Apparently the autopsy from Jade Bennings showed she was poisoned by cocaine:

https://www.wsmv.com/2024/03/15/it-was-relieving-friends-react-arrest-former-titans-scout-after-pregnant-woman-poisoned-death/

Quote:

Benning's autopsy says she was poisoned with cocaine. It also says she was having dinner with Taylor and another friend. After the friend left, she called her saying her legs were numb and she was vomiting.

The Porkchop Express
This is the most maroon washed thread I've seen in years. God forbid alumni of a university speculate that said university might have done something poorly in its hiring process.
Al Bula
AG
LOL! The coaching world is super small. I can't believe anyone thinks that hundreds of people at the very least didn't know that the son who used to be on staff with the Titans was in deep doo-doo because his gf and unborn child were killed due to cocaine ingestion.

Sadly the guy will have a decent defense lawyer who will create enough doubt among the jury that the cocaine could have been taken by a depressed mom who just wanted to party but the pregnancy was ruining her life. He may get a slap on the wrist for supplying her with drugs but unless there is a smoking gun, justice for the Jade Benning and the unborn child doesn't have a great chance in America 2024 if you look at crime trends.
45-70Ag
AG
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Al Bula said:

LOL! The coaching world is super small. I can't believe anyone thinks that hundreds of people at the very least didn't know that the son who used to be on staff with the Titans was in deep doo-doo because his gf and unborn child were killed due to cocaine ingestion.

Sadly the guy will have a decent defense lawyer who will create enough doubt among the jury that the cocaine could have been taken by a depressed mom who just wanted to party but the pregnancy was ruining her life. He may get a slap on the wrist for supplying her with drugs but unless there is a smoking gun, justice for the Jade Benning and the unborn child doesn't have a great chance in America 2024 if you look at crime trends.
Surely the top part is in jest. I still cant figure out how A&M HR is supposed to know he was under investigation in what was originally ruled an allergic reaction death. A&M is not going to call Nashville Pathology and the Nashville police to confirm, what a childish though that A&M should have been privy to that info. Y'all act like A&M has a dozen Nancy Drew's on the staff. "Hey Trooper, I heard about the passing of your son's girlfriend and baby due to an allergic reaction, I am really sorry. By the way if you want to participate in the caching clinic you need to speculate that she was poisoned and tell all of our coaching buddies."
All this info came out in the past 48 hours. Prior to that, it was a freak tragedy that no one wanted to talk about because people do not go around speculating about death like some tv show for women.
themissinglink
AG
Sip du jour said:

How would A&M have known? What in the standard hiring process would have alerted them? The closest thing is maybe Trooper knew there was an ongoing investigation and should have told. I would be surprised if he said anything to A&M about it. I think it's likely Trooper either didn't know the extent of the investigation or believed his son/son minimized it as just a standard due diligence. It's certainly worth asking what Trooper knew and whether he put A&M at risk.

I think it's likely A&M didn't know. It wouldn't have come up on a standard criminal background check and would be unlikely to have been mentioned when checking references.
Krautag81
She passed away as well.
Furlock Bones
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

This is the most maroon washed thread I've seen in years. God forbid alumni of a university speculate that said university might have done something poorly in its hiring process.

You must be ****ing kidding.
oysterbayAG
AG
Mike Elko will have to make sure this doesn't effect the team in any way !
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
No, he was revealed as a pos a long time ago, and it's a mystery why he's allowed to post here. Weird axe to grind with the Athletics Department too; I've seen him post an ancient personal rumor about a longtime employee and then delete it presumably before the moderators saw.
The Porkchop Express
DustysLineup said:

No, he was revealed as a pos a long time ago, and it's a mystery why he's allowed to post here. Weird axe to grind with the Athletics Department too; I've seen him post an ancient personal rumor about a longtime employee and then delete it presumably before the moderators saw.
Actually I got a month's ban for that and had to apologize to staff.
vander54
S
This thread is great for laughs.
World's worst proofreader
TAMUallen
AG
45-70Ag said:

Her?!

I mean he's not exactly the bachelor but woof
Al Bula
AG
45-70Ag said:

yeesh, scanning that twit's twitter is a beating. She claims she went on a date with him because she's an Auburn alum and had a mutual acquaintance through athletics. Some of the comments are great though, calling her out for being trashy and possibly lying.
MagnumLoad
Good grief, when will it stop?
Shoefly!
AG
passerby82 said:

monarch said:

Asking the obvious question again: And Trooper Taylor didn't know about this? I'm finding that very hard to believe. Just wondering.

Would you tell your parents about something like this?

Particularly if you were already rolling with the allergic reaction lie….

Hard to prove Trooper knew… bc Blaise would have not steered from the allergic reaction story.

Insinuating that trooper knew is a troll job & unnecessarily hurts our program.

If
I told my mother that I might be the father of a now 5 month old fetus she would have already called the baby's momma, her mother and father, and my whole family.
Moral High Horse
omg is the gf dead?
Shoefly!
AG
Yes she is!
AggieDub04
AG
I have seen some reporting that he wasn't yet on campus and hadn't started actively coaching players. Is this confirmed?

For these assistant jobs a lot of it is around relationships and I doubt his dad knew anything. I've had family members who I'm close with turn out to be drug dealers and no one knew.

To be speculating on who knew what in a situation like this shows a lack of understanding of how investigations work and plane ignorance of basic human interactions.
cevans_40
AG
What if he's innocent?
TXAGBQ76
AG
Is he an assistant or an analyst?
gabehcoud
gonna be alot of anal
The Porkchop Express
AggieDub04 said:

I have seen some reporting that he wasn't yet on campus and hadn't started actively coaching players. Is this confirmed?

For these assistant jobs a lot of it is around relationships and I doubt his dad knew anything. I've had family members who I'm close with turn out to be drug dealers and no one knew.

To be speculating on who knew what in a situation like this shows a lack of understanding of how investigations work and plane ignorance of basic human interactions.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.