Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Since BB is renewing his push/PR campaign to move the Tech game to Dallas

4,342 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by 1876er
Tbone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
Change the team from Tech to Arkansas....and you've got yourself a deal.

That would be a HUGE step up from the status quo.

Scheduling Tech in Dallas is a mistake.
nu awlins ag
AG
tbone nailed it. arkansas would be a better gig. i for one would not go to dallas to watch A&M and tceh. just not gonna do it.
Pro Ag
AG
quote:
What does a sponsor get out of sponsoring a game that at best draws regional interest and even then primarily only in Texas?

This is what I've been interested in as well. That said, I've never understood how businesses think it's a great idea to spend millions for just having a name on a building.

As for the regional interest, I'm sure if a sponsor picked this up they would be working right along with the schools to make sure we drummed up more interest.
InternetFan02
AG
quote:
ranger65
posted 6:59p, 8/13/2006

I'm told that Byrne, the coaches and even some of the Regents want the Tech game moved to Dallas. I was at an A&M club meeting last spring where Gates was asked this question and he replied that he is opposed to moving the game because he believes 1) other than Bowls, college games should be played on college campuses, 2) most A&M students couldn't go to the game in Dallas, and 3) he doesn't want to elevate Tech to be our equal and principal rival -- that role should be reserved for tu, and our time to regain the upper hand in that relationship will come. He said the $ in Dallas are certainly attractive as is the impact on recruiting in the Dallas area, but his bottom line: he still needs to be convinced of the net benefit of playing the game in Dallas. I think, at this point, he alone stands between playing Tech at Kyle Field or in Dallas.

Well, I guess the tech game will definitely go to Dallas now that Gates won't be standing in the way.
aggielostinETX
AG
yes...that sux
unmade bed
quote:
3) he doesn't want to elevate Tech to be our equal and principal rival

Gates is SO fricking awesome!
Yossarian
Wow...interesting.

Hope the successor feels the same.
1876er
AG
We can't beat tech at our own place. Why would we want to play them somewhere else?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.