Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Night of Champions photos - 3/7/07 - lots of pics

10,566 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by beagle2009
old-Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:

It seemed to me only white guys watched white guys and black guys only watched black guys. I wonder if there is a racial rift on the team.

As much as there is in every day life.
agrams
AG
quote:
Keep in mind, and you’ve heard me say this repeatedly over the years, none of this is about power-lifting competition. Yes, we spot our players carefully with the bars, for safety’s sake. But our staff is highly-skilled at not affecting lifts by significant amounts, and they’re also highly-skilled at building confidence and motivation in weightlifting.

From Friday with Fran. In response to the comments about 'legal' lifts/squats.

I'de prefer to be safe and off by 20 pounds.
squid
I've been involved with powerlifting for over 30 years, as both a lifter and a ref. I've seen too many folks hurt doing 3/4 squats, squats with assistance from the spotter, and too much weight w/o wraps than I care to remember. I'm just an old fool from the old school and I like to see proper technique. And if you're going to claim a big squat, whether its NOC or a sanctioned meet, you better go below parrallel.......
buckmaster
AG
mcgee needs to lay off the weights
squid
its an individual thing, some skill guys it hurts, some it doesnt. I seriously doubt you'll ever see him lifting with the linemen. And with his style of play, a little bulk may help him stay injury free....
mts6175
AG
agrams, I understand Fran's point & safety should be the #1 priority. But as a guy who was an OL here, know personally the guy who's record was broken, to see that technique used by the spotter, knee compression wraps & thigh wraps on the lifter, it's a little disappointing. It takes very little pressure from a spotter to aid a heavy lift.

I'm not discrediting the heavy lifters by any means, those dudes can move a house. Just disappointed to see that technique used considering records are falling off the charts that were legit, un-aided lifts.
Old Vulture
thanks
PhiAggie
AG
mts....I agree completely!

quote:
And if you're going to claim a big squat, whether its NOC or a sanctioned meet, you better go below parrallel.......

Exactly!!!
Jmiller06
Phi, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to see that workout. Send me an email... milljdm@gmail.com ... thanks
beagle2009
AG
I know its been said, but DAMN Mcghee looks friggin jacked!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.