General EPL Discussion/Housery Thread

159,536 Views | 2576 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Agthatbuilds
deadbq03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's not taking a salary reduction for the likes of MLS.

I think he's pimping himself out to CL teams for dang-near free. I could see him landing somewhere where the fans will love him and buy kits - maybe Benfica, Porto, or RM. But he'll have to take massive salary cuts… basically the club will gamble that he's worth the team-cancer risk for the sake of merch/ticket sales in those places he's still loved.

Short of that, I struggle to see him landing anywhere. No other big club will want him, and his ego can't handle a move to MLS.

What's stunning to me is seeing speculation/wishful-thinking that he's headed to clubs like Chelsea or Arsenal. I could maybe see Bohley be stupid enough, but it's sheer madness to think any top club would want him after this.

I think your comments on the MU thread are spot on. It's obvious that the club didn't block him from leaving… he was shopped around and no one wanted him (or specifically, his salary demands).
Dre_00
ChipFTAC01 said:

Is Rooney back with DC?

Yep...as manager.
Dre_00
MLS might not only be a small salary deduction though...a lot smaller than a club in Portugal. I could easily see Miami shelling out 10 million a year in salary for him. He would not get that kind of money in Portugal. And no top club in the top leagues are going to come for him, that's for sure.
KCup17
AG
Dre_00 said:

MLS might not only be a small salary deduction though...a lot smaller than a club in Portugal. I could easily see Miami shelling out 10 million a year in salary for him. He would not get that kind of money in Portugal. And no top club in the top leagues are going to come for him, that's for sure.

He's washed and can't handle the fact that he has been a flop this season.
jeffk
AG
Is he in the clear to travel to the US now? I know for a while he was avoiding it due to the sexual assault investigation.
fig96
AG
Becks can find that in his couch cushions and he'd make it up in Miami kit sales.
Dre_00
I think that case was dismissed due to bad faith conduct by the woman's attorneys. So it should no longer be an issue.
Thunder18
AG

Dre_00
We have to see this. I want to see if he can top the 9 goals he scored against Honduras in the U-20 WC.
Rudyjax
AG
Wrexham missed the boat on this one.
Rudyjax
AG
Dre_00 said:

We have to see this. I want to see if he can top the 9 goals he scored against Honduras in the U-20 WC.

What's crazy about that is he had one VAR disallowed for a foul in the buildup.
deadbq03
AG
ttt

jeffk
AG
monarch
S
Have an opportunity to watch Everton at Liverpool on Feb 13th I believe. The distance between both spots must be less than two miles. You could orchestrate a 5K race between both locations as a fundraiser.
Peace for Ukraine!
KCup17
AG
If you look up the definition of Housery you will find Diego Costa.
Furlock Bones
AG
So far a pretty good return to the office for the Magpies.
KCup17
AG
I love it. And I think we might have a go at Maddison this January.
ElCheAg
AG
Furlock Bones said:

So far a pretty good return to the office for the Magpies.

Indeed.

ChipFTAC01
AG
Random question I was thinking about the other day. If you could pick any team other than Your Club to win the league title, who would it be?

For me I think it would be Villa or maybe Everton. Proud historic clubs that have lost their winning ways. Or for up starts, Palace. Or for carnage purposes a Phoenix like rise for Millwall.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
monarch said:

Have an opportunity to watch Everton at Liverpool on Feb 13th I believe. The distance between both spots must be less than two miles. You could orchestrate a 5K race between both locations as a fundraiser.
It's less than a mile across Stanley Park. You could probably walk it in under 15 minutes.
GrapevineAg
AG
Arsenal are frustrated as all hell, and I love it. Howay the Toon!
KCup17
AG
We literally pulled the same tactics on Arsenal that Leeds pulled on us last game. Howay the Lads!
GrapevineAg
AG
In the past, NUFC would play that way all the time just trying to keep the score low and give themselves a chance. This year, I think they are top 5 in goals scored, top 3 in goal differential, and #1 in goals against - they don't just park the bus all the time Would have been great to get a W at Arsenal, but getting 1 point was a good result.
ElCheAg
ChipFTAC01
AG
If you haven't seen it, there's a short series on thr Smithsonian channel called Fever Pitch about the rise of the EPL. It's a little United heavy (not surprisingly as it was done by Beckham's production company) but the two episodes that I've seen use th story of a season to tell a larger story about the league.
KCup17
AG
Oh I'm fully aware. I started watching every game under Rafa Benitez and all we did was bunker and counter. Eddie Howe plays a much more expansive game with the talent at the club. Yet the squad still has the mindset of getting stuck in a pestering the opposition when necessary.
eiggA2002
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

If you haven't seen it, there's a short series on thr Smithsonian channel called Fever Pitch about the rise of the EPL. It's a little United heavy (not surprisingly as it was done by Beckham's production company) but the two episodes that I've seen use th story of a season to tell a larger story about the league.
When you say a little, you actually insanely ManU heavy which is annoying, but as a Liverpool supporter it's still a good show. It does a good job on the early stuff which happened before some of us were born just be aware that it's basically ManU and whoever they were in the title chase with on any given year. I still recommend.
ChipFTAC01
AG
To be fair, the rebirth of United in the 90s essentially was the story of the EPL for a decade. I've just seen the 5 season with Blackburn and the following season with Newcastle. Haven't seen the arrival of Wegner
ChipFTAC01
AG
Watching the Blackburn episode last night it's amazing how Kenny looks the same from the late 70s to the mid 90s to today.
jeffk
AG
Let's all take a moment and laugh at Everton with Rebecca.

KCup17
AG
Sometimes Everton just dunk on themselves
Aston94
AG
KCup17 said:

Sometimes Everton just dunk on themselves
Sometimes?

How about All the Times?
Out in Left Field
TXAggie2011
AG
"I know it's a bit harsh."

Ruthless from Rebecca.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Any Leicester fans here?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.