General EPL Discussion/Housery Thread

159,556 Views | 2576 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Agthatbuilds
oh no
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
haha. my oldest son's fandom of Seattle Sounders is derived from the Xbox logo sponsorship shirts.
Mathguy64
AG
"I am a Chelsea fan because 3 is my favorite number."

-- Half the Chelsea fans in the world
oh no
AG
Chelsea is a mess, but they have a great crest, great kit colors, great stadium and right now with that 3 gone and no kit sponsor, they have the cleanest kits in EPL.
Furlock Bones
AG
Villa with an utter demolition of Brighton. 6-1. Watkins with a hat trick.
E
AG
My Luton Town with their first EPL win!
Aston94
AG
E said:

My Luton Town with their first EPL win!

Awesome, and the fact it was against Everton makes it much sweeter.
TXAggie2011
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Furlock Bones
AG
I've gotta say. I'm not mad at all.
TXAggie2011
AG
Had the same thought that they need to change their verbiage. Just speak normally and with some common sense.

jeffk
AG
Clubs are going to have to push for any improvements to VAR. the league and PMGOL are fine with the status quo.
DeangeloVickers
AG

Yawn
TXAggie2011
AG
Trash post from a trash fan of a trash club that completely misses the point
DeangeloVickers
AG
Classy Arsenal fan is always expected as well.

If Liverpool would say Dear PL clubs and FA lets remove red tape so the VAR team can call down immediately and get the call correct, then everyone would listen and agree...but instead they believe they are the only one's to ever have this happen to them...the chart suggest otherwise.
Dre_00
DeangeloVickers said:

Yawn

Bro that graphic is from October 2019! As in 2019 AD. TWO THOUSAND NINETEEN YEARS after the presumed birth of Jesus Christ.

We've had a full 4 years of football played since then. An entire pandemic has come and gone. There are teams listed in the graphic that haven't played PL football in 2 years.

I can not think of a less legitimate form of evidence than that table. A picture of an orange would have been just as helpful for your argument as that table.
jeffk
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

Yawn

Yawn indeed. "As of 2019."
deadbq03
AG
Even if it was from this season, it's useless for this particular issue. This isn't a debate about on-field referee bias (which VAR overturns would potentially indicate).

This isn't even a case of VAR not having the stones to overturn a subjective red card or PK.

This is a case of VAR screwing up something that ought to have been a clear-cut call.
jeffk
AG
There's actually some good recent information about how harsh VAR has been to LFC, but that's really not the point of any of this.
DeangeloVickers
AG
It doesn't matter when the graphic is from. It's the same point.

Hell, Sheffield were relegated back in 2020 due to a goalline error and there wasn't even half the amount of crying.

Liverpool want the game replayed....they didn't say...let's change the way it's done.
jeffk
AG
Just admit you got fooled and move on. It's fine!

Also, where has the club said they want the game replayed?
YNWA.2013
Tell me you didn't watch the game without telling me you didn't watch the game.
Quote:

Dear PL clubs and FA lets remove red tape so the VAR team can call down immediately and get that call correct
This is literally what everyone is saying. When Gary Neville is on Liverpool's side, you know the decisions were bad. This was the most egregious VAR decision in at least the history of VAR in the PL, if not global VAR as a whole. While the Diaz decision is bad (very bad), the performance of the entire staff was terrible the whole game. Just bad decision after bad decision. From the Jones red card (I understand the argument for, the freeze frame he was shown first made the decision for him), to the Diaz goal, to Udogie tripping over himself and Jota getting a yellow, to Udogie asking for a yellow (which is now supposed to be a bookable offence), to Bissoum fouling Salah then losing a challenge to him and Salah getting called for a foul and getting a yellow. He gave out something like 9 yellows and 2 reds, half of which could be argued were very harsh.

Simon Hooper, Darren England, and the assistant VAR should be suspended for a few games, but that's it. Some of these people calling for their heads and their jobs is a bit much if you ask me. You know England had his throat in his mouth when the goal wasn't given.
-FTA c/o 2013
DeangeloVickers
AG
These calls happen every week....and WILL continue to happen every week. Egregious ones just as bad as the VAR decision...it should've been a goal.

2019, 2023, 2005, etc, etc, etc.

And you don't see the crying or racial abuse LFC have put out.

We've been as unlucky as anyone Sissoko's arm pit says hello.
Aston94
AG
Maybe if Liverpool weren't trying to not be part of England all the time they would get more support from the English Premier League.
DeangeloVickers
AG
I honestly don't see a problem with someone losing their job.

VAR has long had a problem with procedure. I've long felt obvious VAR changes don't happen because they don't want to overturn a colleague.

Similar to college basketball, better pay and structure should happen
jeffk
AG
"It happens every week" is literally what clubs should be banding together to try to change. Goal line tech and offside lines should be the thing that VAR gets right every time… but they don't and that is what people want changed.

None of this is an attack on Tottenham and how they played Saturday. If some fans said something to that point online, just ignore them. And the abusive crap is awful and no player should be subjected to that.

And I get not being over the Sissoko handball… I still haven't forgiven Ramos for taking Mo out of the final the year before.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
DeangeloVickers said:

Classy Arsenal fan is always expected as well.

If Liverpool would say Dear PL clubs and FA lets remove red tape so the VAR team can call down immediately and get the call correct, then everyone would listen and agree...but instead they believe they are the only one's to ever have this happen to them...the chart suggest otherwise.

If you are okay with Tottenham getting screwed by the same call, I'll believe you. This isn't a Liverpool or Tottenham issue though.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Dre_00
DeangeloVickers said:

It doesn't matter when the graphic is from. It's the same point.

Oh really?

All y'all better stop bashing United and ETH. We won the league! It doesn't matter when the graphic is from...it's the same point!
jeffk
AG
Aston94 said:

Maybe if Liverpool weren't trying to not be part of England all the time they would get more support from the English Premier League.

Keep licking those boots, Royalist.
YNWA.2013
One was a red, the other was not
-FTA c/o 2013
DeangeloVickers
AG
Yall should all "worry about other stuff" (Klopp's quote last year to Ryan Mason)

Jota later had the game winner last year.....again YAWN

Thanks for proving my point. LFC fans think they are the only one's getting screwed every week...and crying like no other.

And the Arsenal fan calling Aggies trash is jealous where Spurs sit on the table currently.
Aston94
AG
YNWA.2013 said:

One was a red, the other was not

Oh man I love still shots to justify or condemn red cards, so much proper context.
wangus12
AG
This is just in the last year. I don't care who does or doesn't get calls. It happens across the entire league and costs teams valuable points that end up being worth millions when it comes down to titles, European spots, and relegation.

DeangeloVickers
AG
Lost in the controversy, Liverpool look way better than last year

Midfield is much improved

It's a shame we're not talking about the match...and talking about VAR procedures that have always been awful
jeffk
AG
DeangeloVickers said:

LFC fans think they are the only one's getting screwed every week...and crying like no other.

Erroneous!
DeangeloVickers
AG
Look Liverpool scored two beautiful goals on the weekend.

Gakpo's beautiful turn goal and Matip's in extra time

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.