***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

1,044,017 Views | 21958 Replies | Last: 35 sec ago by texasaggie2015
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wabs said:

At this rate we'll get a bag of peanuts in trade for Bregman.

At this point trading him isn't even an option. That ship sailed a year ago.

You give him a QO and pray he doesn't take it.
cc10106
Take your base, chump.
Marvin
AG
An O'fer roadtrip with multiple embarrassing blowouts might just convince Crane to bury this corpse. Wouldn't be the worst thing at this point.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
The Beef01
AG
Why in the blue f*** are Cintron & Snitker still employed??? This is absolutely ridiculous.
All I do is Nguyen
I think it's time we admit the pitchers miss Maldy. Yes Yainer is better in every offensive category but something is off and I don't think it's 100% the pitching
MaxPower
Call the Mariners. Dipoto can't stand to be outdone by AJ Preller.
Marvin
AG
One of the true mysteries to this season is how in hell does Bielak have a sub 6.00 ERA?!

Guess a good dozen of the runs he has surrendered have been inherited and charged elsewhere. He's a human gas can.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
MaxPower
All I do is Nguyen said:

I think it's time we admit the pitchers miss Maldy. Yes Yainer is better in every offensive category but something is off and I don't think it's 100% the pitching
Yup, the White Sox pitching staff is really kicking ass (28th in team ERA). Total difference maker.
Beau Holder
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

What could they be upset about? We promoted Maldy from the nine-hole to cleanup.
W
AG
in the case of Verlander...

it's simply age

he doesn't have the stuff to get out elite hitters like Soto or Judge -- and he knew that going into the game

so he pitched around them and made a mistake to Verdugo

and that was the ballgame
redline248
AG
Baseball is stupid
Ag_07
AG
JV is gonna have nights like this. I expected that going into this season.

He's not the JV of 2019. Hell go out and give you consistent innings of 3-4 ERs with some gems and some stinkers mixed in.

That's just who he is now.
Timmay!
What an embarrassment
_veeyah_
AG
I feel like it's getting to a point where people might be getting fired, yall think it'll happen? Or is Crane really just gonna let them ride it out?

I truly felt they would have a good homestand and come into NY and be competitive and that would give them some momentum and turn the season around but it's not looking good anymore. And these Yankees are gonna want "revenge" for all these past years in the playoffs so they might lay it on them.
Baseball Is Life
The Beef01 said:

Why in the blue f*** are Cintron & Snitker still employed??? This is absolutely ridiculous.

Blum was throwing a little shade on the hitting coaches earlier. He was talking about Yordan [and the team] never chasing bad pitches, and now, that they're all chasing crap out of the zone on the regular.
superaggie73
AG
Mathguy64 said:

Wabs said:

If you give him the QO, he's gonna take it because nobody will sign him with the QO attached.
Timmay!
I want to say we have let guys leave and replaced them with medicore talent while the Yankees add guys like Soto. We won the World Series 2 years ago and were very close last year so that can't be it or not all of it.
Blackbeard94
AG
I don't have anything constructive to say about this.
Ags #1
AG
I dont see crane doing anything unless we are like 20 games under .500 in June. It took them forever to move on from abrue, Alex is still batting cleanup which seems it will continue. So doesn't seem like they act till things are really bad.
W
AG
does Blummer have a guaranteed contract?

he may need to be careful
MaxPower
superaggie73 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Wabs said:

If you give him the QO, he's gonna take it because nobody will sign him with the QO attached.
Might be best for both parties. We have no replacement anyway and he needs to rebuild value. He needs to reinvent himself as a high avg / obp doubles guy.
The D
AG
W said:

Back of the baseball card
superaggie73
AG
MaxPower said:

superaggie73 said:

Mathguy64 said:

Wabs said:

Might be best for both parties. We have no replacement anyway and he needs to rebuild value. He needs to reinvent himself as a high avg / obp doubles guy.

Then he better know he'll be hitting in the bottom 3rd of the lineup until he proves he deserves better. And Crane better know that's an awfully expensive replacement level player.
MaxPower
W said:

The hitting coach is not a sacred cow. I will perk my ears if he wants to bring up that Montero was signed when the team had no GM after he gives up a 3 run HR.
BoxingAg84
MaxPower
At least it would only be a one year deal? Baby steps for GM Crane my friend.
MaxPower

This is kind of what I see happening. They say the right things, let him reach free agency, he gets an offer he can't refuse (Angels will be due for one of those) and we get jack **** for him.

Bottom line is Crane is gonna have to get uncomfortable. That's giving a bigger deal than he wants, trading a star before free agency, or letting this team be dog crap in 2026 and see what real hard times look like again. If his goal is to never go through an extended bad streak then the last option simply isn't an option.
mwm
The yankees' goal is to exact as much revenge on the Astros as they possibly can.

They seem to be on their way to accomplishing their goal.

Is what we're seeing why it took so long to hire Espada?
_veeyah_
AG
Ags #1 said:

I dont see crane doing anything unless we are like 20 games under .500 in June. It took them forever to move on from abrue, Alex is still batting cleanup which seems it will continue. So doesn't seem like they act till things are really bad.

That's what always gets me, everybody and their mom something is going on. I get that some guys get on slumps, but there's games that every hitter looks clueless out there. Or I get that our pitching staff may be depleted but Jfc we give out walks like it's candy. But I guess that's to your point, and the team will go back to, we've been here before we know what we're doing back of the baseball card type of bs. It's getting frustrated when this team shows no emotion from the players and the manager.
f1ghtintexasaggie
Just checking in. How are we all feeling? Time to ****-can Cintron, Snitker, and Miller? Or are we cool just getting butt-****ed all year?
All I do is Nguyen
07ag
AG
f1ghtintexasaggie said:

Just checking in. How are we all feeling? Time to ****-can Cintron, Snitker, and Miller? Or are we cool just getting butt-****ed all year?

Looks like I'll finally get caught up on my Netflix shows this summer
EastCoastAgNc
AG

This season all summed up
FrioAg 00
AG
This team sucks

It was a hell of a run though
W
AG
how much is the Q.O. for 2024?

if it's in the neighborhood of $20 MM...Bregman might certainly take it

edit...to attempt a bounce back year in 2025
First Page Last Page
Page 508 of 628

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.