***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

772,441 Views | 16792 Replies | Last: 16 min ago by All I do is Nguyen
CFTXAG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm not concerned that they'll figure it out and go on a hot streak; I'm concerned it's gonna be too late when they do
EastCoastAgNc
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I'm not concerned that they'll figure it out and go on a hot streak; I'm concerned it's gonna be too late when they do

I have given up on the idea of playoffs at the point. This team just doesn't have it between the ears.
Wabs
AG
Agree! I've been to Omaha twice and it is the absolute best place if you're a baseball guy.
n_touch
Maroon&Fight said:

I'm all in on the Aggies, will check back in after our CWS title. This team is no fun
Wasn't there someone that said they would trade bad seasons for one team for a title for another.
CFTXAG10
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

CFTXAG10 said:

I have given up on the idea of playoffs at the point. This team just doesn't have it between the ears.

I was wondering how many people would bet on it if mattress Mac ran a promo right now for free furniture if the Astros don't make the playoffs, but the caveat is you only have until the end of this weekend to sign up
The Porkchop Express
GigEM96 said:

I'm watching this season until its bitter end

God help my liver

We are definitely entering the territory of ditching the posters and fans who appeared in 2017 and those of us who have been watching every day, win or lose, for decades.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
cc10106
I dunno if Espada makes it through the rest of the week as the manager without getting canned.
tjack16
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

GigEM96 said:

I'm watching this season until its bitter end

God help my liver

We are definitely entering the territory of ditching the posters and fans who appeared in 2017 and those of us who have been watching every day, win or lose, for decades.

Yeah if I can watch pretty much every game from 2012-2014 I can make it through this year.
n_touch
cc10106 said:

I dunno if Espada makes it through the rest of the week as the manager without getting canned.
If you think it is bad now. Do that and this team will really be in a free fall. It would be the ultimate Jerry Jones move and you would have all kinds of problems getting a manager.
agproducer
AG
I'm here for the long haul. Always have been. Always will.
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I suffered through the whole thing again tonight. And this thread is much more tolerable with the ignore function highly engaged
cc10106
n_touch said:

cc10106 said:

If you think it is bad now. Do that and this team will really be in a free fall. It would be the ultimate Jerry Jones move and you would have all kinds of problems getting a manager.

I'm not hoping for that to happen, but who knows with this owner.
GigEM96
Im not saying bat Pena in the 2 hole

But bat Pena in the 2 hole

The Porkchop Express
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

I suffered through the whole thing again tonight. And this thread is much more tolerable with the ignore function highly engaged

I've got 26 people ignores. I think 23 of then came during the 21 world series.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
MaxPower
Doubt it would happen and doubt even more that it would be a free fall given where we are now. They would only make this move with a replacement in mind. I wouldn't be totally shocked if Dusty is managing this team at some point this year though (and no I'm NOT advocating for that).
07ag
AG
n_touch said:

Maroon&Fight said:

I'm all in on the Aggies, will check back in after our CWS title. This team is no fun
Wasn't there someone that said they would trade bad seasons for one team for a title for another.

How do you watch college baseball games?
https://ts.la/eric59704
_veeyah_
AG
MaxPower said:

Doubt it would happen and doubt even more that it would be a free fall given where we are now. They would only make this move with a replacement in mind. I wouldn't be totally shocked if Dusty is managing this team at some point this year though (and no I'm NOT advocating for that).

I think I would really quit watching if they do fire Espada, like somebody said earlier. If we were able to watch those early 2010s Astros this is not too bad. My dumba$$ will be watching again tomorrow.

Wife asked me why I put myself through this and Aggie football, took a sip of my beer and I couldn't even answer her. lol
W
AG
thru 25 games...

Dubon still ranks third on the team in RBI with 11

Abreu & Singleton have now combined for 101 at-bats with 1 RBI
Boiling Denim
Looks like the team has fallen into a cycle of perpetual predictability.

Our young staff lack confidence so are likely being guided to throw strikes early. Teams know this and jump all over them in the first inning

Our entire lineup top to bottom are clearly expanding the zone with RISP to make up for the horrible starts. Add in a few black holes and our sequencing becomes non-existent. Teams are just pounding low and away to keep the ball in the park knowing we won't string together 5-6 singles in a row
W
AG
Bregman has scored 3 runs in 95 plate appearances

last year he scored 103 runs
EastCoastAgNc
AG

tjack16
AG
EastCoastAgNc
AG
The Porkchop Express
I've decided to start writing a daily Astros report - Porkchop's Astros Shanks - to keep myself invested for the rest of the year if things continue to head south and because I like to think I'm hilarious.

Porkchop's Astro Shanks Report 4/24/24 (ARMAGEDDON?)

Score: 4-3 loss @ Chicago Cubs
Record: 7-18 (.280)
Standings: 5th place, 6 games out of first
The last time we were this bad after 25 games: 2013, also 7-18 after 25 games. Our outfield that night was Fernando Martinez, Robbie Grossman, and Rick Ankiel
Where are the A's?: 2 games ahead
Where are the White Sox?: 3-21, 3-1/2 games behind
Run Differential?: -34, 3rd worst in the AL
To get to 90 wins: 83-54 (.620)
To get to 81 wins: 74-63 (.540)
I knew it was over when: I saw Spencer Whateve-aghetti was starting
Abreu's quest to hit less than his age: On hold at .065. No at-bats, just a "defensive" replacement tonight.

I'll be here all season!
f1ghtintexasaggie
Ohhhhh...just "start winning games"! Why didn't our nerds come up with that idea? Thanks, Bags!

&ct=g
W
AG
I think predictability is a huge issue with many of the hitters on the team

the Astros don't have as many spray hitters (Yuli, Brantley) or bad ball hitters (Altuve, Dubon) like they used to

MAROON
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

He should never be involved in another player personnel decision.
Kashchei
AG
To mirror what other posters have been saying for weeks, what concerns me most is that we used to be the smartest team in baseball. Now it seems like Crane has purged the organization of the "brains" and we have fossils like Bagwell and Jackson making important decisions. Or worse still, Crane himself. And our hotshot GM is either incompetent or castrated by the owner or both.

IMO our window has all but slammed shut and I don't trust any of these guys with a rebuild.
GigEM96
tjack16
AG
Kashchei said:

To mirror what other posters have been saying for weeks, what concerns me most is that we used to be the smartest team in baseball. Now it seems like Crane has purged the organization of the "brains" and we have fossils like Bagwell and Jackson making important decisions. Or worse still, Crane himself. And our hotshot GM is either incompetent or castrated by the owner or both.

IMO our window has all but slammed shut and I don't trust any of these guys with a rebuild.

I'm not optimistic at all for this year but I don't believe the window is shut. I fully expect a bounce back either in 2025 or 2026 just based on pitching health (hopefully) improving
All I do is Nguyen
Usually on SECN or ESPN.
MaxPower
tjack16 said:

Kashchei said:

I'm not optimistic at all for this year but I don't believe the window is shut. I fully expect a bounce back either in 2025 or 2026 just based on pitching health (hopefully) improving
By 2026 you lose JV and Framber. Not sure I'd buy the rest of the staff as being anything special, certainly not enough to be a pitch first playoff team. The team needs a talent infusion.
tjack16
AG
Gameday!

Blackbeard94
AG
EastCoastAgNc said:

What an *******
First Page Last Page
Page 366 of 480

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.