***** 2024 Houston Astros Season Thread ***** [Staff Warning]

969,688 Views | 20603 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by texasaggie2015
GigEM96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
You got entitlement and money limiting competition at 1B as well as in the order.

CF and LF when Yordan is DHing are easier spots to introduce change

redline248
AG
In the OF hasn't Loperfido been playing RF? How much time does he have in left or center?

I imagine the Astros are looking to platoon him in left vs RHP
The Porkchop Express
Porkchop's Astro Shanks Report 4/28/24

Score: 8-2 victory vs. the Rockies in Mexico City.
I knew it was over when: I realized that the Rockies really are this bad.
Record: 9-19 (.321)
Projected Record Pace: 52-110, no longer the worst record in franchise history!
Standings: 5th place, 6 games out of first we picked up a game on Seattle today
Who hears us knocking?: The Angles, they've lost 4 games in a row and are just 1 game ahead of us at 10-18
Run Differential?: -22, a dramatic move up from 14th to 9th in the AL!
To get to 90 wins: 82-52 (.612)
To get to 81 wins: 72-62 (.537)
Who would have thought? When you start actual quality pitching, you win games.
Let's all admit our terrible shared opinion: The day Altuve retire, we'll probably need a sick day from work. We didn't take one that time our wife wanted to go apple picking or to a B&B, but we're going to need one for Altuve.
It was fun while it lasted: Jose Abreu falls back to .099 with an 0-for-4 day.
If you ever get the letters LOPERFIDO in Scrabble: You can spell Profiled, and get the 50-point bonus. If you do it on a triple word score, we're talking 92 points.
Back up the Brinks truck: Kyle Tucker is on pace for 41 HR and 116 RBI in his contract year.
Back up the Geo Metro: Alex Bregman is on pace for 0 HR and 41 RBI in his contract year.
Real starters: Blanco, Javier, Valdez and Verlander are a combined 7-0.
Not-ready-for-prime-time starters: Brown, France, and Arrighetti are a combined 0-10.
Unlimited Power Award: Tucker, Altuve, and Alvarez are all on pace for 41 HR apiece this year.
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
GigEM96
So who starts Tuesday and Thursday v Cleveland?

I assume Framber's next start is Friday v Seattle. Sounds like Javier will be back also v Seattle, and Blanco will get the 3rd game.

France is back in Sugar Land.

So Brown and Arrighetti will get Tuesday and Thursday v Cleveland.

Or Blanco gets Thursday?

If you start JV/Blanco/Arrighetti v Cleveland

And

Framber/Javier/Brown v Seattle you at least give yourself an opportunity in theory to win both series

bearkatag15
AG
GigEM96 said:

So who starts Tuesday and Thursday v Cleveland?

I assume Framber's next start is Friday v Seattle. Sounds like Javier will be back also v Seattle, and Blanco will get the 3rd game.

France is back in Sugar Land.

So Brown and Arrighetti will get Tuesday and Thursday v Cleveland.

Or Blanco gets Thursday?

If you start JV/Blanco/Arrighetti v Cleveland

And

Framber/Javier/Brown v Seattle you at least give yourself an opportunity in theory to win both series

It's already been announced that it'll be Brown/JV/Arrigheti
tjack16
AG
Fun thought given the altitude in Mexico City and the deep homeruns

How far would Yordan's game 6 HR have gone if it was in Mexico City
_veeyah_
AG
Sea Speed said:

wangus12 said:

All I do is Nguyen said:

Deluxe said:

Looking much better since the birth of tjack's magic Astros baby
it Tjacks baby ends up being our rally infant then it will be one of the best baseball superstitions ever.

But then who is gonna have a baby every season?
Wife and I are talking about trying to have kids starting next year, but they wouldn't probably be along until after the 2025 season

Start now in case you have difficulties. You'll never think "damn i wish we didn't have these kids" but you'll definitely think "damn i wish we had these kids sooner" pr at a minimum be happy you started the process sooner if you run in to any trouble. I wish we started sooner so we could have had more. You won't regret it.

Wife and I are going to the Dr in 2 weeks. Hopefully this time around we don't get heartbreaking news. wife is having all the symptoms, cravings, feeling nauseous and yucky so hopefully it works out.
GigEM96
JV gets the middle game v Cleveland on Wed and then the opening game v Yankees the following Tuesday on the road it appears

Arrighetti gets this Tuesday v Cleveland and last game of Seattle series on Sunday?

Brown seems to have been relegated to bullpen at least in the Rockies series

Then series v Yankees starters are JV, Blanco, and Framber?
agent-maroon
AG
Is nausea during pregnancy a good sign?

All the best!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bearkatag15
AG
GigEM96 said:

JV gets the middle game v Cleveland on Wed and then the opening game v Yankees the following Tuesday on the road it appears

Arrighetti gets this Tuesday v Cleveland and last game of Seattle series on Sunday?

Brown is on Tuesday. Arrigheti is Thursday

GigEM96
If Framber and Blanco get the Fri and Sat games v Seattle then they would be in line to start final two games at NYY the following Wed and Thursday.

Do not need Brown or Arrighetti starting there.
bearkatag15
AG
GigEM96 said:

If Framber and Blanco get the Fri and Sat games v Seattle then they would be in line to start final two games at NYY the following Wed and Thursday.

Do not need Brown or Arrighetti starting there.

We might get Javier back for NYY
GigEM96
I'd rather Javier get a start at Yankee Stadium, just saying
tjack16
AG
bearkatag15 said:

GigEM96 said:

Brown is on Tuesday. Arrigheti is Thursday

With those two bookending this series… JV better bring his ace stuff for the middle game
GigEM96
With off days on consecutive Mondays I think the Cleveland series will be the only one (fingers crossed) that will see both Arrighetti and Brown start in.

Ag4life80
AG
It might be Bielak that gets DFA'd along with either Abreu or Singleton, All three of those guys have had plenty of opportunity to show they can make an impact and have not produced. Brown is the new Bielak in the bullpen if he gets hammered again.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
Ag4life80 said:

It might be Bielak that gets DFA'd along with either Abreu or Singleton, All three of those guys have had plenty of opportunity to show they can make an impact and have not produced. Brown is the new Bielak in the bullpen if he gets hammered again.

It won't be a pitcher. MLB rules require 13 position players and 13 pitchers. If they dfa bielak, they have to call up a pitcher too
GigEM96
I think they can pull off 3 of JV/Framber/Javier/Blanco starting v NYY and then two of those (JV and whoever doesn't start @NYY) starting v Detroit. So one of the games v Detroit would be Arrighetti or Brown.

This assumes Javier returns v Seattle. I guess that could be pushed to NY.

GigEM96
EastCoastAgNc said:

Ag4life80 said:

It won't be a pitcher. MLB rules require 13 position players and 13 pitchers. If they dfa bielak, they have to call up a pitcher too

Bielak would be casualty once Javier or Urquidy returns?

He's the long innings eater, which in theory is less of a need as the rotation returns from the IL.

bearkatag15
AG
GigEM96 said:

I think they can pull off 3 of JV/Framber/Javier/Blanco starting v NYY and then two of those (JV and whoever doesn't start @NYY) starting v Detroit. So one of the games v Detroit would be Arrighetti or Brown.

This assumes Javier returns v Seattle. I guess that could be pushed to NY.

They aren't pushing Framber's vs Seattle just to face the Yankees. He needs reps to get his pitch count back up and that Seattle series can be huge. I predict we see Javier slotted in game 2 vs NY
GigEM96
Framber could start Fri on 5 days v Seattle and then at NY on 5 days on Wed

Or Blanco on Fri v Seattle

Mathguy64
AG
All I do is Nguyen said:

Deluxe said:

Looking much better since the birth of tjack's magic Astros baby
it Tjacks baby ends up being our rally infant then it will be one of the best baseball superstitions ever.

But then who is gonna have a baby every season?
I'm officially a member of the 60 or older club. I am sitting this one out.
tjack16
AG
I think it should be Singleton who gets DFA'd but who knows.
BMX Bandit
loperfido + a taste of mexico will be the springboard for the playoff run.

need to win at about 59% clip to hit 88 wins.
EastCoastAgNc
AG
tjack16
AG
88 wins would be great

As we learned from the rangers, DBacks, Phillies, Braves and nationals… just get in and you have just as good of a shot as anybody
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
I'd like to see cabbage stay. Singleton DFA'd and Kessinger sent down
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
Also I'd be more than happy to assist with the rally baby trend but I'm 8 years post op so I'm of no assistance
Mr.Bond
AG
Got snipped a while ago.... if my wife gets pregnant it's one of two things..... Jesus is coming back to a non virgin..... or my kids are getting 2 Christmases
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Mr.Bond said:

Got snipped a while ago.... if my wife gets pregnant it's one of two things..... Jesus is coming back to a non virgin..... or my kids are getting 2 Christmases
You say that. My old roommate's dad got snipped and reproduced about 25 years later. They do give that warning of it only being 99% effective.

I too am snipped so I won't be much help here unless the unfortunate event happens.
07ag
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Porkchop's Astro Shanks Report 4/28/24

Score: 8-2 victory vs. the Rockies in Mexico City.
I knew it was over when: I realized that the Rockies really are this bad.
Record: 9-19 (.321)
Projected Record Pace: 52-110, no longer the worst record in franchise history!
Standings: 5th place, 6 games out of first we picked up a game on Seattle today
Who hears us knocking?: The Angles, they've lost 4 games in a row and are just 1 game ahead of us at 10-18
Run Differential?: -22, a dramatic move up from 14th to 9th in the AL!
To get to 90 wins: 82-52 (.612)
To get to 81 wins: 72-62 (.537)
Who would have thought? When you start actual quality pitching, you win games.
Let's all admit our terrible shared opinion: The day Altuve retire, we'll probably need a sick day from work. We didn't take one that time our wife wanted to go apple picking or to a B&B, but we're going to need one for Altuve.
It was fun while it lasted: Jose Abreu falls back to .099 with an 0-for-4 day.
If you ever get the letters LOPERFIDO in Scrabble: You can spell Profiled, and get the 50-point bonus. If you do it on a triple word score, we're talking 92 points.
Back up the Brinks truck: Kyle Tucker is on pace for 41 HR and 116 RBI in his contract year.
Back up the Geo Metro: Alex Bregman is on pace for 0 HR and 41 RBI in his contract year.
Real starters: Blanco, Javier, Valdez and Verlander are a combined 7-0.
Not-ready-for-prime-time starters: Brown, France, and Arrighetti are a combined 0-10.
Unlimited Power Award: Tucker, Altuve, and Alvarez are all on pace for 41 HR apiece this year.

king tuck has another arbitration year after this year. next year is his contract season
Daddy-O5
AG
2%ers. Can't even get a vasectomy reversal volunteer for the team.
All I do is Nguyen
Farmer1906
AG
Loperfido vs the rest of the Space Cowboys

.276 BA 4th (out of 14) - Cesar Salazar leads @ .317
.258 xBA 2nd - Cesar Salazar leads @ .268
.684 SLG 1st
.624 xSLG 1st
.444 wOBA 1st
.416 xwOBA 1st
92.3 EV 2nd - Trey Cabbage leads @ 94.2
50.0 HH% 3rd - Trey Cabbage leads @ 53.7
14.7% Barrel% 1st
31.0% K% 11th
11.2% BB% 11th

Farmer1906
AG
If I am King of the Astros and making the decisions, here is what I would do with the roster

• Cabbage stays on the roster
  • Singleton in DFA'd
  • Kessinger is sent down
  • Dubon is now a full-time infielder.
  • Jake & Chas gets 100% of the starts in CF vs LHP and 100% of the LF starts vs LHP when Yordan is DH
  • Loperfido gets priority over Cabbage when it comes to opportunities at 1B & OF.
  • Loperfido or Cabbage get 100% of the starts vs RHP until they show they don't deserve it.
First Page Last Page
Page 398 of 589

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.