Astros/Rangers Discussion - NO MODS ALLOWED

50,579 Views | 1032 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by DallasAg 94
Mathguy64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

tjack16 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

You clearly don't understand what a TUE... Therapeutic Use Exception... is.

MLB, through the IPA... has authorized at a minimum... 10% of MLB to legally use Adderall. There is no dispute. There is no question. You also realize testing for Adderall isn't the same as testing for other things like... Ringworm.

The fact Tatis tested positive and was suspended shows how careless he was. What a moron.

So I'm confused. Are y'all accusing Altuve of steroids or Adderall? The posts about him being so strong have nothing to do with Adderall
I don't think you'll find me ever accusing him of steroids. I think steroids has a very limited niche definition. I've always tried to use the term PEDs, which is how MLB and others define those supplements that are regulated.

If you want to get technical... HGH isn't a steroid. So, if you think Adolis is using HGH... he too can be clear of steroid accusations. If I have used the term steroids, then it was a collective term and not a definitive medical term.

Nothing says he can't use both or multiple things. What Luhnow described is what Adderall is known to provide. It is what players and people use it for. To get dialed in, focused and twitchy. Gamers use it.

What Correa describes compares him directly to others using strengthening and recovery type benefits... like what you might find from HGH, steroids, and other things I suppose like ringworm meds.

I know this... Mathguy64 said this:

Quote:

The other is the best hitter of his generation and had been for a decade. And has learned to pull the ball to the short porch in his home park.

Well, that would imply he has feasted with HRs at home. However, the numbers don't support that.

Home: 858G, 3725 PA, 197 2B, 114 HRs, .306 BA, .842 OPS
Away: 843G, 3785 PA, 212 2B, 102 HRs, .310 BA, .832 OPS

Altuve isn't some mysterious generational player who is outperforming other known and approved PED users while being completely clean. It isn't possible.

You didn't read what I wrote. He's learned to pull the ball at home. He had changed from a hitter for average to a hitter focused on OPS. And in doing so he's turned into a pull hitter that is rewarded at home with the boxes. He fully admits he has changed what he thinks is important as a hitter.

And you are full of it if you think a generational hitter can't do it cleanly. Ted Williams and Tony Gwynn would like a word with you.

Are old school steroids in the game? Absolutely. And the league is only going to catch the dumb ones. Tatis was weapons grade stupid to get caught. Is HGH in use in the league? Absolutely and again they will only catch the dumb ones. Do players get therapeutic scripts for Adderall? Yep. For the kind of money being tossed at them anyone would be crazy not to do those things.

But being good doesn't require doing those things.
fc2112
Aggie Class of 2026
Is 7 games outta 1st place good?
agent-maroon
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Are the Astros the best 12-22 team in baseball? I think so.

Going to have to wait until they can show some separation from the Angels before making such a bold proclamation.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DallasAg 94
Silent For Too Long
Your obsession with Altuve is creepy as ****.
The Porkchop Express
fc2112 said:

option short side said:

Imagine spending all that money on Hader when Kirby Yates was available. That can't feel good
Or paying Jose Abreu all that money when.... well, anyone was available.

Or being a post-flagging *****
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

fc2112 said:

option short side said:

Imagine spending all that money on Hader when Kirby Yates was available. That can't feel good

It is pretty hilarious how upset the Stros fans have gotten over it though. You gotta be at least a little introspective and realize this.
agent-maroon
AG
I'm going to be honest. The only reason I ever lurked on the astros thread was for the TOFA pics when they were winning a game. These days, well...
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Mathguy64
AG
I stopped posting them because of the constant flagging and inconsistent…well we all know.
South Platte
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Let us know when you have a 2nd trophy

Although true, both franchises' weak title count is pretty pathetic. It's like a guy with a 2 inch weener making fun of a guy with a 1 inch weener.

The fact that we never made the playoffs until the AL West was trimmed to 4 teams and lack of overall postseason appearances are much better shots.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
South Platte said:

PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Let us know when you have a 2nd trophy

Although true, both franchises' weak title count is pretty pathetic. It's like a guy with a 2 inch weener making fun of a guy with a 1 inch weener.

The fact that we never made the playoffs until the AL West was trimmed to 4 teams and lack of overall postseason appearances are much better shots.
first part is true white guy problems
The Porkchop Express
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

fc2112 said:

option short side said:

It is pretty hilarious how upset the Stros fans have gotten over it though. You gotta be at least a little introspective and realize this.

A guy disrupted our several year tradition that as baseball fans we all viewed as a good luck Charm and a community bond. And there was a POS mod that decided to make it into the rule of law forever on our thread. As an Aggie, wouldn't you be a wre bit pissed if someone from outside the university came on campus and got one of our traditions banned?
WARNING: I have a deep-seated desire for others to love the Star Wars franchise as much as I do, in exactly the way I do, and get snippy and sensitive and passive-aggressive when they don't.
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

fc2112 said:

option short side said:

A guy disrupted our several year tradition that as baseball fans we all viewed as a good luck Charm and a community bond. And there was a POS mod that decided to make it into the rule of law forever on our thread. As an Aggie, wouldn't you be a wre bit pissed if someone from outside the university came on campus and got one of our traditions banned?

Equating that to one of A&M's traditions is disingenuous at best.

Also, nothing is stopping Astros fans from forming their own forum or whatever and doing it there?

What a moronic post.
The Porkchop Express
DallasAg 94 said:

Not all of us were pissed off when Blacks and Women were allowed to enroll.

Some traditions were bound to end.
WTF do those 2 things have to do with each other?
Aggies2009
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Given how Astros fans championed racism (Gurriel) and female abuse (Osuna, Taubman), that might not be the angle you want to approach this from.
tjack16
AG
Aggies2009 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

Given how Astros fans championed racism (Gurriel) and female abuse (Osuna, Taubman), that might not be the angle you want to approach this from.

I don't think you will find one Astros fan who was blatantly happy or championing Osuna and Taubman. Many of us didn't even know who Taubman was until that rant and we pretty much all called him a clown.
Marvin
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Can't believe this even needs addressing, but you seriously just compared segregation to rally pics? You usually have a crumb of logic in most of your posts, but this was just the worst strawman I have seen from you. Be better...

I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Mathguy64
AG
Aggies2009 said:

DallasAg 94 said:

The best part of discussing history and player behavior with Rangerettes is their amazing ability to ignore their own. I suspect that's because most of them are either 12 years old or have this innate ability to pretend that nothing in their own team's history ever happened.

Let's ignore a recent manager's history of drug abuse and the somewhat ancient history of rampant steroid use in the clubhouse. Nobody cares that Arlington was only behind the Bay Area and NY as being an epicenter for biochemical enhancements. No, let's focus today's discussions on just two of the more memorable players who strayed from the path.

Our first candidate for induction into the Rangers Man of the Year award is Mr Matt Bush. A raging alcoholic, Mr Bush was known to beat up Lacrosse players with a golf club, assault women at parties, throw baseballs at the heads of women and run over men on motorcycles and leave them on the side of the road all while intoxicated. He was such a pillar of his community that he spent several years in jail to atone for his mildly annoying behavior. And what did the Rangers do? They signed him after that. They welcomed him to the franchise knowing he did all that. What a great team. So forgiving.

Our second candidate for the Rangers Hall of Fame (he is literally a member of the Rangers Hall of Fame by the way, as you will read about shortly) is none other than Mr Josh Hamilton. A known alcoholic and drug user, he spent two stints with Texas. His alcohol and cocaine addiction was well known. I'm sure Ron Washington had nothing to do with his cocaine issues while a Ranger. Not so well known? The same year he was inducted into the Rangers HOF he was also arrested for assaulting his own daughter.

So congratulations to the Texas Rangers and their newest members of Mr. Nice and Clean Players of the Year Awards.
TarponChaser
DallasAg 94 said:

Silent For Too Long said:

Your obsession with Altuve is creepy as ****.
We clearly have a different view of what is creepy.

Rate my creepiness of responding to a PED thread (which includes but is not limited to Altuve) and posting on a thread where T&A are a rally cry.

Are you married?

I know that if my son's and/or their gf's saw me posting pics of young girls T&A... THAT would be creepy in their book. Posting about a baseball player in a baseball forum... not so much. It isn't about being gay. It is about... well, if you don't know by now, I'll let you live where you are.

But that is probably the one difference between you and me.

Lighten up Farva...

DallasAg 94
Farmer1906
AG
You can pinpoint the exact moment when Altuve started juicing. It's clear in his exit velocities and hard hit percentages that only a juicer could manage such a large spike.

Wait a second....
Mathguy64
AG
Come on now. Dont be throwing actual statcast data at Mr. Games Played.

ITs ThE addERALl!
The Porkchop Express
Farmer1906 said:

You can pinpoint the exact moment when Altuve started juicing. It's clear in his exit velocities and hard hit percentages that only a juiced could manage such a large spike.

Wait a second....
Don't use advanced analytics on the Ranger fans. Most of them only realized they had a team last September
Farmer1906
AG
HOW?!?!?! How did the little MVP hit so many HRs???

Pull the ball and don't hit it on the ground... wow. That is simple. Maybe more people should try it.
Mathguy64
AG
Dont you get it? He crushes Adderall and mainlines it like Ron Washington doing a rail of coke on his office desk before a day night twin bill.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Good news for Astros fans today. You can't lose today.

Bad news is that the Angels could win and you'd be in solo last place.
tjack16
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

Good news for Astros fans today. You can't lose today.

Bad news is that the Angels could win and you'd be in solo last place.

We can't lose today?

You underestimate our power
DallasAg 94
DallasAg 94
That's probably closer to the truth than Astros fans want to admit.
Farmer1906
AG
15 of the 31 HRs were "douters" Call it luck. 6 more HRs than expected.

Altuve's HR EV and Distance: 101.9 & 393
League Avg HR EV and Distance: 103.2 & 400

5 of his didn't even travel 360' and 3 were didn't even reach the minimum of hard hit.

You've built Altuve up to this big bag slugger and he's just not.

And referring 2019... hmmm I wonder why. What happened in 2019? Were you even following baseball then?
Marvin
AG
Farmer1906 said:

15 of the 31 HRs were "douters" Call it luck. 6 more HRs than expected.

Altuve's HR EV and Distance: 101.9 & 393
League Avg HR EV and Distance: 103.2 & 400

5 of his didn't even travel 360' and 3 were didn't even reach the minimum of hard hit.

You've built Altuve up to this big bag slugger and he's just not.

And referring 2019... hmmm I wonder why. What happened in 2019? Were you even following baseball then?

Professor Facts, please don't be so hard on Mr. Acksually. He's accustomed to being the smartest person in the room... I mean, he does live on the Rangerette forum.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Farmer1906
AG
If we wanna talk about late primes, 2 somewhat recent guys come to mind--Big Papi and Adrian Beltre.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.