Bob Huggins in trouble?
12,929 Views | 153 Replies
LawHall88
3:51p, 5/8/23
Used one of those forbidden words in a radio interview this morning...
Know Your Enemy
4:25p, 5/8/23
Yikes
HossAg
4:27p, 5/8/23
Well he's done
LawHall88
4:50p, 5/8/23

agfan2332
4:59p, 5/8/23
I would be shocked if he's done. Most likely a suspension is coming.
MarcAg
5:03p, 5/8/23
He will be fired
MarcAg
5:07p, 5/8/23
The only thing that might save him is it's West Virginia
agfan2332
5:10p, 5/8/23
In reply to MarcAg
MarcAg said:

That has nothing to do with him being fired or not. I would be shocked if they did fire him though.
MarcAg
5:33p, 5/8/23
In reply to agfan2332
agfan2332 said:

MarcAg said:

That has nothing to do with him being fired or not. I would be shocked if they did fire him though.

Of course it does. The uproar among your own university matters in something like this. Sometimes you get fired anyway, but if the uproar among the people associated with your university is high it definitely increases your chances. And I don't think the level of uproar in WV will be that great.
AgEfan
5:38p, 5/8/23
Wow. He knows he can't say that. Did he just forget this is public?
MarcAg
5:46p, 5/8/23
I'll be curious to see if this is it for him or if he continues to try coaching at another school in a year or so. He's about to be 70.
agfan2332
5:50p, 5/8/23
In reply to MarcAg
I agree with you on the last part. I'm pretty tied in to that program well and the situation is certainly not great, but I still don't see him getting fired from this. The push back from the state will be high. If this was the previous AD their though, I think it would be another story.
HossAg
5:52p, 5/8/23
In reply to MarcAg
MarcAg said:

I'll be curious to see if this is it for him or if he continues to try coaching at another school in a year or so. He's about to be 70.

I'm sure Liberty would take him
MarcAg
6:14p, 5/8/23
They have anybody we would want via transfer when he gets fired?
LegalDrugPusher
7:57p, 5/8/23
Such a soft nation. It's ridiculous we fire or even punish people for these types of things.
AgEfan
9:16p, 5/8/23
In reply to LegalDrugPusher
LegalDrugPusher said:

Such a soft nation. It's ridiculous we fire or even punish people for these types of things.

So not allowing people to be hateful is soft? **** off!
Method Man
9:35p, 5/8/23
In reply to AgEfan
You were just allowed to be hateful.
MarcAg
9:44p, 5/8/23
You can't go on public radio and say that. Did he just have a stroke and forget he was talking on the radio? I don't know how that happens. I wonder if the radio hosts feel bad at all for this as they egged him on and really were pushing for him to say something controversial. I'm not saying that an excuse for Huggins at all. You can't say that.
Rocinante
10:04p, 5/8/23
LegalDrugPusher said:

Don't know how many nations you've been to but talking like that will get you fired in pretty much any developed nation.

Not a problem in say, Afghanistan. So I guess they aren't soft.
FTAG 2000
10:26p, 5/8/23
In reply to AgEfan
AgEfan said:

LegalDrugPusher said:

So not allowing people to be hateful is soft? **** off!

Coach Pop has called republicans Nazis and he's still coaching.
alvtimes
1:04a, 5/9/23
One day I wanna see an old getting ready to retire multi millionaire coach just blast the living crap out of a platform he doesnt like…. to make it better I hope its a platform I dont like either.
HossAg
4:40a, 5/9/23
LegalDrugPusher said:

Method Man
8:10a, 5/9/23
Ad hominem
Reno Hightower
8:23a, 5/9/23
Seems like he has a bigger problem with Catholics than he does the LGBTQA+ crowd. Yet he only apologizes to one of those groups.
Double Diamond
8:26a, 5/9/23
I'm not into hate speak but cannot see how this is hateful. More inappropriate. But didn't say anything about Trans or gays.
rlb28
8:39a, 5/9/23
The radio hosts seemed to think it was funny.
HossAg
8:39a, 5/9/23
In reply to Double Diamond
Double Diamond said:

I'm not into hate speak but cannot see how this is hateful. More inappropriate. But didn't say anything about Trans or gays.

He used a derogatory term for a group of people in an attempt at humor. Not sure what you're confused about.
Know Your Enemy
8:45a, 5/9/23
In reply to HossAg
HossAg said:

Double Diamond said:

He used a derogatory term for a group of people in an attempt at humor. Not sure what you're confused about.

He's old. Cut him some slack. Apparently he forgot that the F word Huggy Bear used is to disparage the gay community.
rlb28
8:47a, 5/9/23
In reply to HossAg
HossAg said:

Double Diamond said:

Disrespectful, but not hateful. The context of the comment had to do with fake *****es being thrown onto the court by a rival fanbase. He was attempting to be humorous, not hateful.
Tobias Funke
8:50a, 5/9/23
I can't believe we are arguing whether or not this was acceptable
Know Your Enemy
9:04a, 5/9/23
In reply to Tobias Funke
Tobias Funke said:

I can't believe we are arguing whether or not this was acceptable

Welcome to TexAgs.
HossAg
9:22a, 5/9/23
In reply to rlb28
rlb28 said:

HossAg said:

Double Diamond said:

Disrespectful, but not hateful. The context of the comment had to do with fake *****es being thrown onto the court by a rival fanbase. He was attempting to be humorous, not hateful.

How bout just stupid? You gotta be a complete moron in today's age to expect anyone to interpret your willingness to use that word on public radio as anything other than hateful.

He should have a basic understanding of what's acceptable. So he either doesn't, and he's a dumbass that should probably be retired, or he does, and he used it anyway. If it's the latter, then there's really no reason to interpret as anything other than hateful.
Mikeyshooter
9:25a, 5/9/23
In reply to HossAg
HossAg said:

Double Diamond said:

It was kinda funny though.
rlb28
9:36a, 5/9/23
In reply to HossAg
Disagree. If you listen to that clip there's no way you can believe he was being hateful. No way.
HossAg
9:36a, 5/9/23
In reply to rlb28
rlb28 said:

Disagree. If you listen to that clip there's no way you can believe he was being hateful. No way.
You're not understanding my post.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 5
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off