Easterby

10,486 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by Loyalty
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hop, Billy, generic Texags moderator.

For the love of God figure out how to sit down Buzz with anyone from the Texans organization and explain to him the terminal cancer that is Jack Easterby.

Get that charlatan sack of sh-t away from Buzz and these kids.

If you need any more evidence reach out to bilboag and get the low down, but that guy needs to be as far away from this team as possible.
Method Man
Not an Easterby fan but only tourney win and taking a one seed to OT is the best we've done under Buzz.
SolidRockAg
who is easterby?
txag72
AG
Someone want to fill us less intelligent on who the hell Easteby is? I saw the film, but ???r
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Easterby needs to **** off

At worst, he's toxic to organizations. At best, he's a distraction

Not saying he can't change, but the track record doesn't look good
AggieArchitect04
AG
Who is this person and why do we hate him?
Method Man
AggieArchitect04 said:

Who is this person and why do we hate him?

He made our guys miss FTs.
phatty26
Jack Easterby Texans useless GM?
JJxvi
AG
Dumb people from Houston think hes the antichrist because Cal McNair let him run the Texans
txag72
AG
Must be a Houston thing.
20ag07
OK Texans boy.

We didn't lose this game because of him.

You might could even say we were as close as we were because of him.

But go ahead and conflate some **** bc you're mad.
TyHolden
AG
nothingburger....
Cynic
Easterby is a snake oil salesman who caused massive chaos in the Texans organization.
AggieBand2004
AG
Cynic said:

Easterby is a snake oil salesman who caused massive chaos in the Texans organization.

Because it was going super smoothly before him
FTAG 2000
AG
From my old lady in the Texans front office:

1. easterby will come in as something innocuous like team chaplin, and grow like a tick from there.
2. he'll get in the ear of the coach / GM and tell them that spirituality is all that matters (see Ag basketball social media shot of Jack praying with Wade after Saturday shootaround)
3. Once things don't work out, he'll start cataloging everyone in the department who doesn't pray with him every day. Coaches, players, support staff.
4. He will go to the coach with that spiritual spreadsheet and start calling everyone out, painting them as toxic to the program.
5. Will start telling coaches that struggling players don't need to practice more (ex: shooting free throws), that they just need to pray more with him and they will start hitting (note: he did this with all the Texans QBs, Kickers).
6. Will find anyone at exec level or coaching level that disagrees with him, start painting to the coach and AD as cancers to the organization
7. Will start suggesting himself as solution to whatever team problem there is, spiritually (academics, shooting, fouls, etc.)

There's nothing good about this guy being near our team. He destroyed the Texans front office and coaching staff, and will destroy Trev / Buzz too if we let him
MarcAg
AG
Texans fans have PTSD and are afraid Easterby is going to end up pushing out Trev Alberts and taking over as AD
20ag07
This is not how a college program is run.

They are different than a professional sports program.

But keep wearing your crybaby Houston tinfoil hat.

There is no meaningful role in the college AD that this dude could truly infiltrate himself into in a meaningful way.
FTAG 2000
AG
20ag07 said:

There is no meaningful role in the college AD that this dude could truly infiltrate himself into in a meaningful way.

I'm not worried about him hijacking our AD. I am worried about him hijacking our men's bball program led by an OCD coach with ADHD tendencies. And a guy who will get hijacked over a damn book.
PJYoung
AG
Considering he first showed up when we were 6-9 in the SEC, I was more than willing to make him Associate AD if we ended up in the Final Four this year.
20ag07
Quote:

I'm not worried about him hijacking our AD. I am worried about him hijacking our men's bball program led by an OCD coach with ADHD tendencies. And a guy who will get hijacked over a damn book.
"Worried"?

Dafuq are you worried about? Do you know how large our bball roster size is?

Do you think he's gonna like…tell Buzz to sit…idk Andy and Manny if they don't show up at his chapel services or something?

Jesus- there is no way this dude could "hijack our program".

But like, if you're looking for things to lose sleep over and worry about, go right ahead.

Sorry for whatever trauma you experience with the Texans. But it's literally not applicable here.
Method Man
FTAG 2000 said:

20ag07 said:

Mind your words. That book means a lot more to a lot of people than a silly basketball game. Even if Easterby is a clown.
FTAG 2000
AG
Method Man said:

FTAG 2000 said:

20ag07 said:

Mind your words. That book means a lot more to a lot of people than a silly basketball game. Even if Easterby is a clown.

Mind you I'm not talking about the Bible, I'm talking about Buzz's fascination with book club.
cablinaggie
AG
txag72 said:

Someone want to fill us less intelligent on who the hell Easteby is? I saw the film, but ???r
Man, he is a hell of a comedian, should have his own Netflix special. Side-splitting and unprecedented observations about our regional differences.

A comic genius
WestGalvestonAggie
Ugh. For those who don't know, just Google the name and read for a few minutes....
W
AG
it's funny...

there are posters on this thread making the same mistake that the Texans did

"oh, he's just the chaplain or life coach...don't worry about him...he can't do anything here"
94chem
What???? Jack Easterby is involved with A&M? He is a total charlatan who has been exposed. He has no credentials. Who let him in??? He shouldn't even be a volunteer group leader at a middle school FCA meeting. I am a Christian author, and this guy is a joke and a cancer.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
dixichkn
AG
JJxvi said:

Dumb people from Houston think hes the antichrist because Cal McNair let him run the Texans
Dumb metroplexuals who know nothing about the guy but just need an excuse to crap on HTown for anything.

OP probably taking the paranoia a bit far, granted. But seriously, this guy had better be nothing but a one-weekend guest of Buzz's. He's no bueno as a hanger-on
Loftin
AG
Jack Easterby was the fall guy when the Houston Texans imploded. The real villain there was Bill O'Brien. The media portrayed him as a religious zealot who whispered evil advice in leadership's ear. The truth is, he didn't trade DeAndre Hopkins for peanuts, run off Deshaun Watson, or make bad draft picks. O'Brien and McNair did all of that. Jack Easterby is only guilty of being extremely unqualified for the jobs he was promoted to in Houston. As a chaplain, he was praised for his work with the patriots and University of South Carolina.
dixichkn
AG
Oh no doubt about that. Asschin was always the main cancer in the organization. But Easterby was grossly underqualified for the status he was given and an honest, self aware individual would have never accepted it in the first place. Just glad the whole lot of them are gone
BoxingAg84
Loftin said:

Jack Easterby was the fall guy when the Houston Texans imploded. The real villain there was Bill O'Brien. The media portrayed him as a religious zealot who whispered evil advice in leadership's ear. The truth is, he didn't trade DeAndre Hopkins for peanuts, run off Deshaun Watson, or make bad draft picks. O'Brien and McNair did all of that. Jack Easterby is only guilty of being extremely unqualified for the jobs he was promoted to in Houston. As a chaplain, he was praised for his work with the patriots and University of South Carolina.

DartmouthAg
I know nothing about Easterby, but I do know McClain is a know-it-all tub-of-lard clown.
Double Diamond
Is that nut job around the program?
JJxvi
AG
dixichkn said:

JJxvi said:

Dumb metroplexuals who know nothing about the guy but just need an excuse to crap on HTown for anything.

OP probably taking the paranoia a bit far, granted. But seriously, this guy had better be nothing but a one-weekend guest of Buzz's. He's no bueno as a hanger-on

Im from Houston. I was crapping on dumb people.
Kozmozag
If Buzz thinks Easterby is a good man, Buzz needs to go.
Method Man
FTAG 2000 said:

Method Man said:

FTAG 2000 said:

20ag07 said:

Mind you I'm not talking about the Bible, I'm talking about Buzz's fascination with book club.

Oop
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.