Easterby

10,661 Views | 72 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Loyalty
Thinice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Was he the one in green when they kept panning the Aggie section on TV?

If so not really trying to blend in.
curry97
AG
I thought Christians weren't supposed to act this way towards others? If you aren't a forgiving person, are you forgiven?
Proposition Joe
I've got no opinion on the guy one way or the other, but if you've got players on the team calling you 'coach', then if you're attending in the stands maybe put on some maroon?
94chem
curry97 said:

I thought Christians weren't supposed to act this way towards others? If you aren't a forgiving person, are you forgiven?

I know you posted a winky face, but sometimes that just means "I'm totally ignorant, but if I use a winky face I get a license to troll."
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
FTAG 2000
AG
Thinice said:

Was he the one in green when they kept panning the Aggie section on TV?

If so not really trying to blend in.

That's the one.
Tamuco99
You don't remove a snake from your home because you're afraid it may kill everyone, you get him out because he doesn't belong and you know nothing good can come from his presence. This is exactly how he got his start, in college hoops at USCe under Dave Odom. But those who fail to learn from history will always be doomed to repeat it
ds00
Excise the cancer or it will spread.
Flashdiaz
AG
The guy has a well known agent which should give you a clue as what his true motivation is.
ahou614
AG
I literally screamed NOOOOOOOOOO when I read this. The guy preys on conservative ashucks leaders. He is literally Kevin Spacey in House of Cards.
Loftin
AG
DartmouthAg said:

I know nothing about Easterby, but I do know McClain is a know-it-all tub-of-lard clown.
His first complaint was that Easterby had "favorites" in the media. I'm guessing that means not him. The fact that this was the first thing he mentioned in his multi-tweet rant tells you that that was his problem with him all along. It makes the other accusations significantly less credible.
agswin1988
AG
many of the texan players were "less than thrilled" to have him involved in the organization too and were very thrilled to hear that he was let go, fired, whatever you want to call it. Just anything but involved with the team so I doubt seriously this was just a reporter having an issue with him.

I doubted for a long time whether the McNairs were serious about trying to win until they got rid of him and brought in DeMeco Ryans and gave him the 8 year contract.

FTAG 2000
AG
He led the crusade that got both Johnson and Watt bounced from Houston.

Should tell you a lot about him.
JJxvi
AG
Led the crusade? What? Against the salary cap? Against Father Time? How many superstars play their whole career for one team? Is there a Jack Easterby in Green Bay who ran off Aaron Rodgers? Give me a break. If Easterby ran off Johnson, he ran him off from some BS contractual role, because Andre Johnson was retired for years before Easterby was hired by the Texans.

I certainly wouldn't hire him to run football operations for my billion dollar franchise. The only reason people are so up in arms over this guy is because of how mystifying it is that anybody would actually be dumb enough to give him that job in the first place.

You think there aren't Jack Easterby's all over college basketball? Hell, I'm sure some like him are actually assistant coaches...or even head coaches.

Nobody should care and it doesn't matter one iota who comes in to say prayers with the basketball team before a game. All this is just "sports narrative" nonsense that has no affect on the game.
H-town ag
AG
Buzz states that he has known Easterby over 10 years, prior to the Texans. I think we would all agree that Buzz is a great man of character. I would be surprised if Buzz would nonchalantly let anyone into the organization.

I followed the Texans debacle pretty closely, like many of you. I also think that Bill O'Brien's aggressive nature with the McNairs, put Easterby into a difficult place and led him to be the fall guy on decisions. For example, O'Brien also wanted assume the role of GM.

What is fascinating is the success and likability that Easterby had with the Patriots. I read that he was there from 2013-2019, and "was considered one of the most-liked people in the Patriots organization." When Houston wanted to hire the Patriots GM, they tried to get a combo deal with Easterby. The NFL did not like how the Texans pursued the Patriots GM, so the deal fell through, but the Texans were still able to snag Easterby. I remember that the Patriot's and the New England media were pissed that he left.

Just my thoughts here.
brockdgag86
I'm from DFW, is this a big deal him being around the program??
H-town ag
AG
brockdgag86 said:

I'm from DFW, is this a big deal him being around the program??
Some reports are that he has been around the program (role as guest Chaplain) since the Georgia game, early March. When the players were asked about him from KHOU Houston, they seemed to all have positive reports. This happened to be the major turning point for our season. Just saying.

KHOU report Here's what we know about Jack Easterby's place with the Aggies
dixichkn
AG
JJxvi said:

dixichkn said:

JJxvi said:

Dumb people from Houston think hes the antichrist because Cal McNair let him run the Texans
Dumb metroplexuals who know nothing about the guy but just need an excuse to crap on HTown for anything.

OP probably taking the paranoia a bit far, granted. But seriously, this guy had better be nothing but a one-weekend guest of Buzz's. He's no bueno as a hanger-on

Im from Houston. I was crapping on dumb people.
Lol. My bad. It's the easy assumption
W
AG
fair to ask though...

why hasn't another NFL team picked him up?

or why hasn't any professional sports team (NBA, MLB, NHL) picked him up to be their life coach, chaplain, etc..,
H-town ag
AG
W said:

fair to ask though...

or why hasn't any professional sports team (NBA, MLB, NHL) picked him up to be their life coach, chaplain, etc..,
Good question ... I would assume he has some time to make his next career decision. The Houston media despised him and with all of the negative publicity, I would imagine that most NFL teams would avoid. If you look at his wikipedia, he does have a basketball background and started with South Carolina's basketball program as a character coach, so maybe he wants to get back to the college level.
FTAG 2000
AG
H-town ag said:

Buzz states that he has known Easterby over 10 years, prior to the Texans. I think we would all agree that Buzz is a great man of character. I would be surprised if Buzz would nonchalantly let anyone into the organization.

I followed the Texans debacle pretty closely, like many of you. I also think that Bill O'Brien's aggressive nature with the McNairs, put Easterby into a difficult place and led him to be the fall guy on decisions. For example, O'Brien also wanted assume the role of GM.

What is fascinating is the success and likability that Easterby had with the Patriots. I read that he was there from 2013-2019, and "was considered one of the most-liked people in the Patriots organization." When Houston wanted to hire the Patriots GM, they tried to get a combo deal with Easterby. The NFL did not like how the Texans pursued the Patriots GM, so the deal fell through, but the Texans were still able to snag Easterby. I remember that the Patriot's and the New England media were pissed that he left.

Just my thoughts here.

Because in NE you had strong leaders in the room in Bill and Brady.

He was given a chance to be more involved in the Texans, and took advantage of that power and did organizational damage.

That's the concern here.
Serious Lee
so a guy who reads joel osteen and dale carnegie has now brought in a pseudo intellectual as some sort of spirit guide? truly shocking
94chem
W said:

fair to ask though...

Because grown men see through his act. He can be a spiritual bully to young men because they come from places where they haven't had the time or chance to develop the maturity needed to see through the platitudes uttered by a man who has accomplished nothing yet still thinks we want to read his memoirs.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Method Man
Serious Lee said:

so a guy who reads joel osteen and dale carnegie has now brought in a pseudo intellectual as some sort of spirit guide? truly shocking

What's wrong with Dale Carnegie?
12Power
LOL! At posters who could think Easterby is the reason the team turned things around or he would be of value to the program.
AgEfan
12Power said:

LOL! At posters who could think Easterby is the reason the team turned things around or he would be of value to the program.

So if the program had done bad then he is a cancer and yall would have blamed him for ruining our program. But since we did good we have to make sure nobody says he had any impact on the program. He can only have a negative impact. Got it. Thanks for outlining the rules for us.
Just Tired
FTAG 2000 said:

2. he'll get in the ear of the coach / GM and tell them that spirituality is all that matters (see Ag basketball social media shot of Jack praying with Wade after Saturday shootaround)

given the historical results perhaps that has always been the philosophy of the athletic department. (if you can back door your way into power through the basketball program here you truly might be a magician.)
halfastros81
AG
I know about his reputation with the Texans but if he's a good shooting coach it may be worth it.
12Power
Hey Jack,
As much as you desperately want the credit, I think inserting another offensive threat turned the team around.
You are definitely a cancer, snake etc stated in the previous posts.
JJxvi
AG
Wow. I guess Jack Easterby's been posting on texags longer than I have…
Phone bill
Wow. Can we just play basketball? Keep religious wackos out of this. No place for it
Phone bill
If Buzz is down with that crap I'm out. Just coach basketball. Very disappointed to hear.
JJxvi
AG
Buzz belief in that stuff is only slightly less than his overwhelming desire to murder entire packs of Nicorette gum.
AgEfan
12Power said:

Hey Jack,
As much as you desperately want the credit, I think inserting another offensive threat turned the team around.
You are definitely a cancer, snake etc stated in the previous posts.

I don't think Easterby played any role in our success down the stretch. Zero. Just like if they had stunk it up, I wouldn't have blamed him. This ain't the Texans.
JJxvi
AG
Nicorette gum played a huge role, though.
Method Man
Phone bill said:

If Buzz is down with that crap I'm out. Just coach basketball. Very disappointed to hear.

Oh nooooo!!!!
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.