Looking forward to off season/roster management

7,988 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by txag72
AggieCrew44
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bobinator said:

AggieCrew44 said:

My dream scenario is to get the JMU kid
Surely a Vandy lock?
Meh. I actually doubt that but we'll see
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
That's a pretty solid group to start with.
KCup17
AG
Hopefully someone that can actually finish around the rim. Leveque missed so many close range shots this year.
EliteZags
AG
Isaac McBride ORU 6-1 SG
20ppg, 40% 3pt, 89% FT
1 season at Vandy, final year eligible
Know Your Enemy
AG
At least one player needs to be "encouraged" to find a new home where he can get more PT for his final season. I'm sure we all know who that is.
EliteZags
AG
actually gimme Jamal Mashburn Jr
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
EliteZags said:

actually gimme Jamal Mashburn Jr

Agree. I posted his name on the Portal Rankings thread.

Another kid who plays for the Lobos that we need to "induce" (Nil$$$) to jump into the portal is JT Toppin, who was Mountain West Conference Freshman of the Year after averaging 12 ppg and 9.1 rbg. A talented double double machine from Dallas who was last year's Texas 4A high school POTY.
fightinags2013
AG
Man Toppin was so good at Faith family In Dallas. Would be a huge get.
EliteZags
AG
can we take a look at this kid pls

pierceshipp
AG
agreed, want him to play so bad
jaxisback
Meechie Johnson would be the best fit for our style of play.

He's a hell of a player and plays tough hard-nosed, high effort.

That's my pick of the litter so far.
Adam87inSA
AG
I hate to say it and pray that I am wrong… but I've gotten a bad feeling that Wade is a Portal risk. Nothing too specific. Nothing he's said. He wasn't asked anything in the postgame presser (Boots and Andy were), and his body language was off. I've seen other players' short interviews in the postgame locker room but not of him. Again, I hope my gut is wrong. I will feel a lot better when he says he's coming back.
Johnsy3
AG
I think he was physically and emotionally worn down from that game. He played bad in overtime and was feeling that, too.
bobinator
AG
He's definitely a portal risk if our NIL is as bad as some people claim it is (which I don't believe.)

He'll be one of the best returning players in college basketball.
MarcAg
AG
Adam87inSA said:

I hate to say it and pray that I am wrong… but I've gotten a bad feeling that Wade is a Portal risk. Nothing too specific. Nothing he's said. He wasn't asked anything in the postgame presser (Boots and Andy were), and his body language was off. I've seen other players' short interviews in the postgame locker room but not of him. Again, I hope my gut is wrong. I will feel a lot better when he says he's coming back.
His body language was off because he shot 5-26 and felt he let his team down. It had to be eating him up and probably still is eating him up today and will most of the offseason. I am sure it's going to drive him. I think people were being respectful in that tough time and didn't want to say; "Hey Wade, talk about your performance and your off night and how that impacted the team?"

I can't imagine he and Buzz part ways. If Buzz doesn't come back then all bets are off.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Adam87inSA said:

I'll be absolutely stunned if Wade leaves. I wouldn't waste a second worrying about it.
Ag_EE_88
AG
I'd actually be more concerned with Manny enetering the portal now that it seems like he's figured things out.
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
If Buzz is not leaving then we are not losing ANY of these guys - unless Buzz gives them a hint that they might be better off elsewhere.
EliteZags
AG
Ag_EE_88 said:

I'd actually be more concerned with Manny enetering the portal now that it seems like he's figured things out.

I wouldn't say he's proved enough to be guaranteed a featured starting role at a top 10 program, where he has one here at a top 20ish caliber squad
AggieCrew44
AG
I have zero portal concerns about any of the regular contributors. They love Buzz and I truly believe some of them love this school. Only thing that would change that is if Buzz leaves
greg.w.h
AG
EliteZags said:

Ag_EE_88 said:

I wouldn't say he's proved enough to be guaranteed a featured starting role at a top 10 program, where he has one here at a top 20ish caliber squad
Manny has his head on straight and is smiling now. I would guess he returns.
frenchtoast
It's that time of year when I navigate to this forum with the slight expectation of seeing one of guys in the portal.
Kozmozag
Non nba players, you would think, would be going for the money.
greg.w.h
AG
Or…stay with me here…an edumucation…
Know Your Enemy
AG
frenchtoast said:

It's that time of year when I navigate to this forum with the slight expectation of seeing one of guys in the portal.

I imagine we will see at least one or two guys hit the portal. I just hope it's not anyone we actually want to leave.
Method Man
Is there a program out there that recruits guys who aren't good shooters, step on the sideline every game and can't stay in front of the guy guarding them?
czar_iv
AG
AggieCVQ said:

Carter got a lot better at the end of the year.

Not enough for me … we could do better. We need guys who can consistently knockdown wide open 3s. Carter was decent but far from a starter.
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
LawHall88
AG
Way too early to mean anything, but FWIW - A&M at No. 18:
AggieCVQ
I think that's fair. I like him as a person and a player, but he definitely has games where his minutes are pretty unproductive. Needs a lot more consistency.
frenchtoast
Know Your Enemy said:

frenchtoast said:

I imagine we will see at least one or two guys hit the portal. I just hope it's not anyone we actually want to leave.
I'm a little surprised we haven't seen any yet.
Know Your Enemy
AG
frenchtoast said:

Know Your Enemy said:

frenchtoast said:

Same
The Marksman
AG
frenchtoast said:

Know Your Enemy said:

frenchtoast said:

EDIT never mind, I misread your post
FTAG 2000
AG
LawHall88 said:

Way too early to mean anything, but FWIW - A&M at No. 18:

Any rankings for next year before rosters get reshuffled via the portal seems incredibly premature
Know Your Enemy
AG
Do you think it's way too early for these rankings?
Faustus
Method Man said:

Is there a program out there that recruits guys who aren't good shooters, step on the sideline every game and can't stay in front of the guy guarding them?
The last bit doesn't seem so bad.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.