Won't be long now.

11,885 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by William_C_G
DTP02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bandwagon fans are necessary to grow the fan support. But what kills me is the people who haven't cared about hoops all year and then literally only post negatives.

I can't ever reconcile the fans who don't give enough of a crap to follow the team closely for 10-11 months but then make hyperbolic critical judgments when they do finally start paying attention. Where was that passion for the past 11 months?
fatdad84ag
AG
Funny when I open blocked posts after the last game to see their comments and realize why they were blocked in the first place. Actually had to unblock a few that redeemed themselves though.
bobinator
AG
I'll need everyone's content plans for their assigned weeks in my inbox before the end of April. I've assigned myself "was the charge rule change good?" on June 9-15.
MooreTrucker
AG
DTP02 said:

Bandwagon fans are necessary to grow the fan support. But what kills me is the people who haven't cared about hoops all year and then literally only post negatives.

I can't ever reconcile the fans who don't give enough of a crap to follow the team closely for 10-11 months but then make hyperbolic critical judgments when they do finally start paying attention.
Welcome to TexAgs. The Ignore function works pretty well, except when those posts get quoted.
bobinator
AG
fine, I'll say it, the ignore function is for cowards and the mentally weak.
MooreTrucker
AG
bobinator said:

Or for those who are just tired of the same old BS over and over and over and over.

Your opinion is correct if it's just someone you don't agree with. If it's a legit discussion and a disagreement, then yeah.

But some people just spout the same negative BS on every thread every post. Ignoring that is saving time and energy on nonsense, not "weak" or "cowards".
fatdad84ag
AG
bobinator said:

I need it for home games. Hard to sift through all the clutter while sitting in the stands and following the game thread simultaneously.
TXAGBQ76
AG
On Tuesday's
JJxvi
AG
We should have a 64 poster bracket contest and vote to decide who is the One True Aggie Basketball Fan
bobinator
AG
We'd really be reaching after about 26 people. I don't know how we filled that thing back in 2009 or whenever that was.
frenchtoast
Oh look at me. I can afford the ignore function.
JJxvi
AG
bobinator said:

We'd really be reaching after about 26 people. I don't know how we filled that thing back in 2009 or whenever that was.

We should go with the gatekeeper theme and make it a 64 person bracket of the worst posters.
PJYoung
AG
Jumbo Fister said:

I really don't understand the mentality of these people who don't follow the team at all during the season, then come in with extremely strong opinions one day out of the year. The amount of misspelled names/misinformation alone was wild. Like have some humility lol
Method Man
LB12Diamond said:

So you are happy it is almost the off-season of your supposed favorite sport. Interesting

Silver lining. I'd rather be talking about our next game. That's not the case so what can ya do?
GrayMatter
AG
Jumbo Fister said:

have some humility lol
What's that?
bobinator
AG
I think a few of us would make it pretty far in both. That's when you've reached "you spend too much time here" status.
GrayMatter
AG
I'd rather not talk about the things that are uninteresting like firing the coach or how much our team sucks after a bad loss or things that are painfully obvious.

I admit I'm not into the recruiting or portal discussions; I really only care about a player once he actually plays a game which is not the same as being on the team. If you're on the team and don't play, can you say you're really on the team?
AgEfan
Method Man said:

Giving walkons NIL deals is dumb.
I disagree. I think it depends on the type of walkon. If a kid is a true walkon and you really only see him ever being a practice guy then yeah I agree it's dumb. If it's a guy who is getting D1 interest and you think he might could be a player at some point and you don't have a scholarship available then I think if makes sense. Come to A&M, get a good degree and here is a little bit of money and maybe you can earn a scholarship and contribute if you work hard. I think that is exactly what they did with Lee, Ringgold and White. I think they are using NIL to get around the 13 scholarship rule.
bobinator
AG
I'm one step further in than you. Once someone commits to the Ags I'll go check out their clips and stats or whatever, but I'm not following the day-to-day of recruiting.
AggieOO
i don't post much on here, but i read the board all year.

also, the above graphic about Texags is incorrect, not that it matters much. Texags started in '97. I came over on day 1 with a bunch of other folks from gobig12.com. It was spring of my freshman year.
Texas A&M
Every sports board on this site has a group of fans who look down on the non-serious posters. Basketball and Baseball are the worst IMO.
Heineken-Ashi
JJxvi said:

We should have a 64 poster bracket contest and vote to decide who is the One True Aggie Basketball Fan
Wasn't this done like a decade ago?
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
AggieOO said:

i don't post much on here, but i read the board all year.

also, the above graphic about Texags is incorrect, not that it matters much. Texags started in '97. I came over on day 1 with a bunch of other folks from gobig12.com. It was spring of my freshman year.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
JJxvi
AG
bobinator said:

I'll need everyone's content plans for their assigned weeks in my inbox before the end of April. I've assigned myself "was the charge rule change good?" on June 9-15.
Who's in charge of graphs?
bobinator
AG
Well everyone is in charge of their own graphs, but that's a good content idea for mid-July, everyone post a graph summarizing this season or an aspect of this season.
Know Your Enemy
AG
bobinator said:

You mean there are people that actually think the new rule was good?
bobinator
AG
We won't know until mid June, no spoilers
Method Man
JJxvi said:

bobinator said:

Who's in charge of graphs?

Is there a graph on charges?
Heineken-Ashi
bobinator said:

Well everyone is in charge of their own graphs, but that's a good content idea for mid-July, everyone post a graph summarizing this season or an aspect of this season.

aggietony2010
AG
I got my homework done early, because I'll be pounding the Elko koolaid in mid-July.

Method Man
AgEfan said:

Method Man said:

Giving walkons NIL deals is dumb.
I disagree. I think it depends on the type of walkon. If a kid is a true walkon and you really only see him ever being a practice guy then yeah I agree it's dumb. If it's a guy who is getting D1 interest and you think he might could be a player at some point and you don't have a scholarship available then I think if makes sense. Come to A&M, get a good degree and here is a little bit of money and maybe you can earn a scholarship and contribute if you work hard. I think that is exactly what they did with Lee, Ringgold and White. I think they are using NIL to get around the 13 scholarship rule.

That's fine. Is this kid that guy? I don't think so.
Hamburger Dan
Method Man said:

The dust is settling and the 25 of us who post all year will have full control again.

I'm not an Aggie, but I raised one- class of 2012. I enjoy reading this board more than the other "major sports" boards. Some drive by knuckleheads here, but not many. I've been around TexAgs since the early 2000s. Lots of self loathing and whining, but surely, it's just aTm shtick? The results hardly ever turn out the way we want- but for the most part I would think this was a successful season for men's hoops. Thank you for your devotion to the MBB Board!
Method Man
For many of us it's a chance to vent. Some rational. Some irrational. I post things in game threads I'm embarrassed about later but it's thoughts in real time. Still, you're good Dan.
Aggie Therapist
AG
I'm class of 2012. Got that 12 in my ring.

Thanks dad
Hamburger Dan
I just retired from 41 years of HS coaching in Texas, I know how quicklythings can get sideways. I also realize that the players and coach devote almost all of their time on the product they put on the field / court. It's a tough business.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.