Won't be long now.

11,586 Views | 137 Replies | Last: 18 days ago by William_C_G
t - cam
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They look pretty bad tonight. Lucky Illinois isn't much better.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
The top two seeds in the West Region, No. 2 Arizona and No. 1 North Carolina, both fail to advance to the elite 8.
birdman
DeangeloVickers said:

RJ Davis was AWFUL
Davis was terrible.

I thought Bacot cost UNC the game. He missed a couple of uncontested dunks. Then took some other ill-advised shots. And decided to not play any defense for last five mintues.
beatlesphan
AG
Does a deep tourney run increase the chances of Kentucky poaching Oats? I know Calipari hasn't been fired yet
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TAMUallen
AG
t - cam said:

They look pretty bad tonight. Lucky Illinois isn't much better.

Iowa State with such sloppy bad plays
DeangeloVickers
AG
birdman said:

DeangeloVickers said:

RJ Davis was AWFUL
Davis was terrible.

I thought Bacot cost UNC the game. He missed a couple of uncontested dunks. Then took some other ill-advised shots. And decided to not play any defense for last five mintues.

You mean like this

TAMUallen
AG
Iowa St did not look good and neither did Illinois
Method Man
UNC and zona are usually fraudulent.
TyHolden
AG
I"m ready for the Coogs-Duke game tomorrow.
Method Man
Wonder if Coogs will get to have half their fouls called against mighty duke like they did us.
GrayMatter
AG
beatlesphan said:

Does a deep tourney run increase the chances of Kentucky poaching Oats? I know Calipari hasn't been fired yet
I doubt it, Alabama just upped his contract and made his buyout pricey.

Quote:

If another school hires Oats away from Alabama in the first two years of the contract, it will owe Alabama $18 million. Alabama athletics director Greg Byrne said he believed that's the highest such buyout in the country.
AggByMarriage
Method Man said:

Wonder if Coogs will get to have half their fouls called against mighty duke like they did us.

This is my first year posting on this site.
My first team is Duke. My close second is A&M.

Will be interesting to see how Duke stacks up against Houston. That's going to be a good game.

WRT A&M Basketball:
The season would have been much different with Marbles here and I know that is a Captain Obvious statement. It could be a FERPA issue (student privacy) or how Coach Williams manages his communications. Regardless, none of my business. If he plays next year it will be a treat for Aggies.
Manny filled a void. Him starting started the team on a new trajectory. When he was on the sideline in the past there is NO ONE more positive.
Hope Wade comes back. Hope Solo comes back. Hope Manny is back.

I think next season will be a good one.

And as an aside, my favorite guy on the team is Buzz. You can tell a lot about a coach by how well his players like him. I think Coach Williams is very well liked.

Another aside, really tired of the Aggies that proclaim they "really don't care about basketball" and then proceed to trash the players, the program, and coach.

**** like that rustles my jimmies. Listening to Football guy talk about basketball is exhausting.
Method Man
Post more please
GrayMatter
AG
Method Man said:

Post more please
Speaking of, don't you have some post season homework to do?

Waiting for the Dawgs of the year report.
Method Man
GrayMatter said:

Method Man said:

Post more please
Speaking of, don't you have some post season homework to do?

Waiting for the Dawgs of the year report.

Good point. I have to think on how that will go.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Method Man said:

Post more please

What my main man Redman said.
Method Man
LOL.
TyHolden
AG
Cinderella is on the way....
Method Man
Fun team
Divining Rod
Jumbo Fister said:

I really don't understand the mentality of these people who don't follow the team at all during the season, then come in with extremely strong opinions one day out of the year....

it's not that hard to understand. it's like someone may not live politics, but they'll oull an all-nighter watching election returns, and have strong opinions.

Many understand the game quite well, but have other top interests and dont get too involved until the meat of the season sets in. Would be a boring place with 25.
DE4D
AG
Keep up the good work. For what it's worth I don't just avoid this board, I avoid Texags except when applicable.

You're welcome,
JPAggie2010
AG
I don't claim to be anywhere close to the 25 regulars that actually post frequently, but I love reading their posts here. I believe the commentary here (outside of the fallout from when buzz takes us for his regular wild mid season ride sparking debate on if we trust him or not) to be pretty good and sane. I learn a lot from you all
Artimus Gordon
Artimus Gordon
2:25p, 1/15/24

Dennis and Marble had to work their way into being contributing members of the starting five last year. Dennis really came on in conference play. His Scoring improved the more playing time he got. Both were unknown quantities at the start of the year. Carter and Leveque are in the same situation this year. The more they play the more they will contribute both offensively and defensively. With obaseki and Solo this team could be just as good as last year's. Hefner at 20 plus minutes a game brings nothing to the table. Hayden is a spot player and that's it.

I'm still here! Too bad buzz was using solo & manny as spares during the 5 game losing streak. Could have gotten them ready for conference in preseason!
bobinator
AG
Artimus Gordon said:

Too bad buzz was using solo & manny as spares during the 5 game losing streak. Could have gotten them ready for conference in preseason!

Solo started four of those five games and played at least 24 minutes in four of them and 18 in the other one.

The Manny thing is weird though. Manny was so bad so many times we played him, and it's not like Carter was the main problem during the losing streak.
t - cam
AG
Manny was given a ton of chances to prove it and failed to do so nearly every chance. It's one of the bigger mysteries in recent seasons why the lightbulb went off this year out of the blue.
Titan83
AG
Thank you for your service.
BuzzFan24
Did someone really say Hef was "just a spot up player"? Cause I haven't seen him hit a meaningful three all season.
Ag_EE_88
AG
BuzzFan24 said:

Did someone really say Hef was "just a spot up player"? Cause I haven't seen him hit a meaningful three all season.

Pretty sure that was 'spot player' and by that probably meant he should only play in spots in the game where we have no other option. I still remember at the beginning of the season when he was actually hitting a shot or 2 that people had some hope he would be better this year.
bobinator
AG
We don't beat Iowa State without Hefner and he was one of the main reasons we hung in the FAU game as long as we did.

Hefner was bad in conference play, but he was a decent role player in non-conference. Coming into conference play he was shooting like 40% from 3.
txag72
AG
Quote:

What an odd measuring stick of self perception….how long you've been an Aggie Bball fan. Well, been front row for Melvin games bud
Wow, my first Aggie basketball memory is seeing Randy Mason walk into G Rollie the year he played basketballl. Having said that, I know Aggie basketball, but other than recruiting and now portal and NIL, what's there to talk about until October or so? Well, there IS a lot more to talk about now. Maybe I won't just be a basketball lurker during the off season now.

Besides, REAL Aggies move on to the next sport and don't dwell on things they can't control in the off-season!!!!
Fanatic15...Drs2B!
EXACTLY.

When does Meat Judging Season start?
Moral High Horse
William_C_G
AG
I don't post often, but I first saw the Ags play when Mike Heitman and Steve Niles were our star players. I have been known to troll, but I stay classy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.