So I used to not mind Rick Barnes, but then I read this...

16,694 Views | 140 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by Aggienk
EllisCoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
everyone says "bring back the hate", so here you go, more fuel to the fire
sc_aggie
AG
This is the guy who was crying about our busdriver yell???? What a terd, maybe someone should remind him that AC whipped Durant in 1-on-1 bball, straight from Durants mouth! I would take AC anyday.
SJEAg
AG
haha...I find it kind of funny a Div I coach would conduct himself like that. I'd be embarrassed if I was a texas fan.
aggiebrad94
AG
I just read the quote. I think it is funny. Good for him. I put this in the same vein as when Spurrier said FlaSt's library burned down but the real tragedy was that two of the books hadn't been colored yet. Lighten up folks.
wish i was at a&m
my take is that its not that big of a deal to have a heated rivalry with an entire team or school. but to single out Acie like that is a little tactless. but i'm not gona get my panties all in a wad about it. i probably would've laughed if it was reversed
SJEAg
AG
Same vein as Spurrier, but at least he makes his putdowns original and kind of funny (the library comment, the Tenn/Citrus comment).
Polska
AG
wish i was at a&m

you wear panties?
Brock Landers
AG
Get over it. If MT gives the "horns down" or makes some other disparaging remark about t.u. at the press conference today, will you say the same things about him?
It's a rivalry. Stop being a bunch of whiney pansies.
AggieCru
Skeletor doesn't scare me.
MacD
Lot of babies around here.
agkyle03
AG
I laughed
jefford22
y'all are insane. I went to a few Bonfires back in the day. Worse was said about the "t-sips" on that night.

It's a joke. At a banquet. In a room full of Longhorn fans. Lighten up, nancies.
jefford22
quote:
I bet Acie would trade all those awards for the Sweet 16 though. Would Barnes?

I dunno. Barnes already has a bunch of those.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
only thing that has ever scared me were those wolf-monster looking things in the movie "The Adventures of Willow"
McNasty
AG
For all of you taking this personally, this is just RB's way of swinging back at an A&M program that's gotten under his skin. The tide had started to turn on the court, and he was just passed over for a dream job by our (former) johnny-come-lately coach. From someone living in Austin for a while now, I take this as a sign of respect.
brandonh
AG
I don't mind that comment at all. I am pretty sure he is trying to get under our skin, which pretty much means we are already under his.

"Watermelon, watermelon..."
beerad12man
AG
quote:
"I felt like looking at Acie and saying, 'Poooooor Aggie!"

You guys are incredible. There is nothing wrong with this. Did you read why he said it??? It is because he felt bad for him knowing he could have got awards had it been any other year. It is a compliment actually. Y'all are taking it way out of context.
agricola
I think you guys are right on the money.

All I know about sportsmanship I learned from Kellen Heard and Eric Pedersen.
bogustrumper
AG
It was at the sip banquet where a few years ago they probably didn't even mention A&M. He was playing to his crowd. He knows that A&M basketball isn't going anywhere. This rivalry is good for keeping HS recruits at t.u. and A&M and it is good for the Big 12.
BioAg08
AG
There is absolutely nothing wrong with this guys.

It is a rivalry, no matter what some sip idiots and t-shirts claim. This happens. I love it.
CarbonCopy
Throwing poo is classless, and illegal...
LRAG97
AG
What is wrong with a coach that is loyal to his employer and is willing to sling a little trash at a rival that is finally worthy of being called a rival? Keep dreaming if you think that RB's accomplishments at TU are mediocre.

Embrace the hate, Rick apparently has! Our wins against TU next year will just be that much sweeter!

SpreadsheetAg
AG
EKGillThe12thMan
quote:
This kind of stuff is supposed to go on between our schools.

There's a difference between mocking your rival school and mocking a player. Totally out of line.

Gig'em
Rule #76
Personally, I'm laughing at Ricky....not with him. That guy has shown what a true ass (aka sip) he really is. Nobody breathed a sigh of relief more than he did when BCG became TKC.

ESPN has reported that Durant is likely to declare for the draft today...."Pooooooor Ricky".
polander ag81
EKGILL beat me to it. It's one thing to poke a little fun at your rival school but it's another to call out an athlete that has done nothing but represent your university with class and dignity.
gunan01
AG
Let's get it on!
AW 1880
AG
I love that he said that. It pisses me off and adds to the rivalry. They should talk crap about us and we should do the same. Now, we just have to keep beating them.
GQTEXASAGGIE
AG
quote:
Asked what his favorite memory of this season was, Durant said it was Craig Winder's play that helped the Longhorns wipe out a 20-point deficit against Baylor in the Big 12 tournament

Poor horns gettin' all they can handle from Baylor, all season no doubt.
yawny06
AG
I don't mind it one bit...

You know the only reason he didn't say anything to Acie is because Acie would have biatch slapped his skeletor ass back into the stone age...

I like to see our rivalry gaining momentum in basketball, should be interesting in future years!
Specialized
AG
That doesn't make me mad. That is just funny.
Specialized
AG
That doesn't make me mad. That is just funny.
navyag86
Some of you guys must be the biggest p**ssies in the world. Some of you are like the dried up ol' prune librarian looking for something to whine and complain about.

Had that been an Ag or an Aggie coach making a statement to a bunch of Ags like that you'd have it in your sig line.
crazytexasaggie99
but they we our not their rival ...
grl38
AG
as the TEXANS screamed at the Battle of San Jacinto, "REMEMBER THE ALAMO REMEMBER GOLIAD"! "REMEMBER BARNES"!!!!! Then beat the ever lovin hell out of that no good son of the sip school!!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.