So I used to not mind Rick Barnes, but then I read this...

16,688 Views | 140 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by Aggienk
sportsfreak1975
How long do you want to ignore this user?
He's still upset that Kentucky passed on him and picked BCG as their next coach...
panola_aggie_fan
quote:
Here's to kicking his arrogant teasip arse all the way back to Hickory, NC.

Don't send him here. We don't want him either.
panola_aggie_fan
double post

[This message has been edited by ncaggiefan (edited 4/10/2007 4:55p).]
Gigem314
AG
quote:
He was right - it did suck to be all the other players in Durant's shadow this year.

You 'horns are so predictable. It's always about YOU...and everything revolving around YOU.

How do you know that it sucked for the other players...or at least with Acie? I bet if you asked him what "sucked" the most about this season...he'd tell you about the missed opportunities at the end of the Memphis game that kept him and his teammates from getting closer to the National Championship. Not about the attention going to Durant.

Acie isn't the type of player that obsesses about how much attention he's getting. Considering where he was his freshman year...I bet he was pretty happy to even be nominated for the Naismith....and stoked to get the Point Guard of the year award. He wasn't exactly a coveted national recruit like Durant was. Now he's Point Guard of the year...with a good chance to be a high pick in the draft.

ThatNguyen
Wow. Y'all are so classy and Barnes is so classless.

What a joke. Grow up. Aren't they our rivals?

RB is funny, but not as funny as Mike Leach.
FunkyAg2010
Troll.
J. Walter Weatherman
quote:
but they we our not their rival ...

me fail english? that's unpossible
shaggyaggie09
AG
^
|
|
LOL!
Texas_Fan
If Barnes had said it to Acie it would have been classless, but in the setting it happened it is funny.

Guess yall are too young to remember Bonfire and the jokes and stuff that was said by both players and your head coach. Most aggies rile against politically correct crap and yet you whine about this. Grow a pair.

I've heard aggie professionals use t. u. in both written and verbal form when addressing an "aggie only" audience. BFD.

Just as several ags are saying, this thread is full of women. Plus, your hatred for Texas is making you have no sense of humor.
Aggienk
quote:
I've heard aggie professionals use t. u. in both written and verbal form when addressing an "aggie only" audience. BFD.

You can attack A&M all you want. Whatever, that's college athletics. But when he singled out one player, especially one of the classiest players in the nation, Barnes crossed a line coaches aren't supposed to cross. You'd think he was in middle school saying something that stupid.
Bag
AG
individual award smack!

my how the horns are falling...
Squilliam Fancyson
AG
What a pathetic individual. Good luck next year ricky.
JDay
Listening to espn radio as I was taking my son to his grandmother's house, I caught a bit with a college basketball insider (didn't get name) who said barnes made the right choice if he turned down uk. when asked why he said they (uk) demand good coaches and then giggled and said he isn't a good coach. had nothing nice to say about him. basically said he relys on tu's popularity in Texas to recruit great players and throw them on the floor. also said we will see on bcg but he is head and shoulders better than barnes.
AcoldStArnolds79
AG
You used to not mind Barnes. You did not pay attention.
He is a typical arrogant sip tard.
tamuag10
Poor Aggie? Seriously? Home-boy is going to be making MILLIONS.

haha Barnes, what a queer.
tweedy07
quote:
All of the Aggie anger in the world doesn't change the fact that KD is exponentially better than Law.

KD is exponentially better than just about everyone. Barnes though didn't need to make that comment... it makes him come off as pretty arrogant. Everyone knows it wasn't his amazing coaching ability that took Texas to a 3rd place finish this year. It was his amazing luck at nailing Durant that saved him this year. Texas is in the cellar without the guy, and I can guarantee Barnes didn't make Durant much better. Durant was outstanding on day 1 and continued being outstanding all year. By comparison, A&M isn't that great without Law, but it was actually Gillipsie that showed Law what kind of player he could be and credit to Law for becoming that player. Barnes is just lucky he is sitting at a school built in a city (Austin) that it is relatively easy to attract top rate talent to. Here's hoping Deandre stays at A&M cause we have a good chance of sweeping UT next year.
CDiem05
AG
Real classy guy there
Rex Racer
AG
quote:
Guess yall are too young to remember Bonfire and the jokes and stuff that was said by both players and your head coach. Most aggies rile against politically correct crap and yet you whine about this. Grow a pair.
Us getting PO'd about this is just part of the rivalry, too, sip. YOU grow a pair and don't worry about what we're saying on OUR boards.
maroon man
S
B=bi-otch
A=*******
R=retard
N=nerd
E=effemination leader
S=sux

[This message has been edited by maroon man (edited 4/10/2007 8:37p).]
beagle2009
AG
Hahahaha, Barnes, he cracks me up. What a tw*t.
HotardAg07
AG
If he were my coach, I'd be patting him on the back.
Austin_Aggie_13
quote:
I used to love it when R.C. would say things like that at the Coaches Nights. Nothing wrong with it. This kind of stuff is supposed to go on between our schools. Its a rivalry, after all. Next time some t-sp jack ass tells you its not remind them of this.

Well said. This board is full of whiney poons. It's a team BANQUET, and this is a RIVALRY. Grow a pair, people, and dust off your sense of humor, if you ever had one. This kind of crap is great!

[This message has been edited by Austin_Aggie_13 (edited 4/10/2007 10:58p).]
CSAg1970
AG
Absolutely classless! But I'm not surprised after the "watermelon" comments that he made after we whipped their butts by 18 when we played them at Reed.
AggieArchitect04
AG
quote:
Damn!! You all are a bunch of crazy aggies.You
are to thin skined.Every thing upsets you.

Please, it was YOUR doushbag for a coach Barnes who got sand is vag when a bunch of 18 year olds taunted him.

Internet posters venting is nothing like a grown man showing what a terrible case of "pussitus" he has...

AFTER getting his ass handed to him by double digits no less.

We have a sense of humor. We laughed our asses off at you all fall and spring.
Phatty
Then somebody should point his dumazz coaching against U$C when he was outcoached with the greatest player ever who won every stupid award and didnt even win any titles or even get his team to the sweet sixteen. Here is something new for him to learn pass the ball out of the double team once maybe they would have won a few more games. Has anybody won all these awards on such a team that didnt win anything.
OdessaAg
AG
haha, i laughed. I like that it spices things up a bit. And no i dont think it was classless like everyone else would think.
AcoldStArnolds79
AG
He has always been annoying.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
ITSGST
take it easy on barnes, he's sickly.
MacD
quote:
You 'horns are so predictable. It's always about YOU...and everything revolving around YOU.

Did you really type that?

Good Lord, you're a hag. Are we in a married fight or something?
aggiekeith
It's good to know that we are under Barnes's skin now. A few years ago, he wouldn't have said this.
GQTEXASAGGIE
AG
quote:
Us getting PO'd about this is just part of the rivalry, too, sip. YOU grow a pair and don't worry about what we're saying on OUR boards.

Agreed. I find it humorous they are telling us to get over it but they are all over this thread.
2001Raider
What happened to "Good Bull"?
roboag
AG
We've owned them in FB this year, in WBB (their coach probably resigned b/c of that) & on the verge of owning them in Men's BB the last 2 years.

Just sour grapes.
roboag
AG
Acie = Class
Barnes = Classless
t.u. being owned by the Aggies = Priceless

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.